[Submitted] Simple Link-Manager v1.0.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Holger

Post by Holger » Mon May 12, 2003 7:07 am

Do0mDeViL wrote: It'll not look great, but you can try to add this to your includes/page_header.php:

Code: Select all

$select=mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $table_prefix.'links_url'");
$rows=mysql_num_rows($select);
echo "There are now $rows link(s) in the database.";
That's for MySQL only ofcourse ...

Hi!

Thanks a lot!
Sorry, but I am no PHP/MySQL guru - when I add this to the header, where will it be output? I would like to output it on the mainpage (see http://forum.manual-forum.de at the right side, there is a link to the link-collection, below this link I would like to display the number of links).

/Holger

DVX_Rune

Post by DVX_Rune » Mon May 12, 2003 2:49 pm

So, let me make sure I understand this right ... this mod can be used so that users can EACH have their OWN personalized list of "favorites"?

If so, this is what I've been looking for. :P

DVX_Rune

Post by DVX_Rune » Wed May 14, 2003 3:09 pm

This IS what I've been looking for! :D

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted except for one thing ... how would I go about making the user's favorites (and only the user's favorites, none of the other categories) show up on the index page?

Haravikk

Post by Haravikk » Wed May 14, 2003 4:35 pm

Hey this is a great mod well done!

One question, is it possible so that when viewing the category "All" that links in multiple categories only show once? I have a link in all categories since it is applicable to all of them, but this means it shows up four times when viewing all which isn't quite what I'd like.

Holger

Re: Hello

Post by Holger » Thu May 15, 2003 3:20 pm

Brandons wrote: My Ideas Are Coming From http://phplinks.org

They have a great links script.. yet you can't edit their templates to look like phpbb. Their templates are almost impossible to edit.

Anyway. Let me know please. Thanks. Take Care

Does anybody have the phplinks-download? It is broken over there ...

/Holger

DVX_Rune

Post by DVX_Rune » Mon May 19, 2003 5:47 pm

ACK!!! :x

Anyone know what code I can add to the index.php and the templates\index_body.tpl's to put the user's own favorites category on the index page. I just can't get it to work. :cry:

Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:04 pm

Hi all.

I was wondering, what is the difference between this mod and the "Favorite Topics Mod" here?

R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious » Wed Sep 17, 2003 7:28 pm

Carpe Diem wrote: Hi all.

I was wondering, what is the difference between this mod and the "Favorite Topics Mod" here?

I think it's pretty clear from the description. Links-Mod is for managing a simple links section on your site (i.e. mainly outgoing links to other websites).
The mod you are linking to, is for marking topics as favorite, and being able to find them easily later.

Carpe Diem

Post by Carpe Diem » Wed Sep 17, 2003 8:41 pm

R. U. Serious wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:Hi all.

I think it's pretty clear from the description. Links-Mod is for managing a simple links section on your site (i.e. mainly outgoing links to other websites).
The mod you are linking to, is for marking topics as favorite, and being able to find them easily later.

Well when you put it that way... then it sounds very clear, yes! My idea was though that this mod probably could also be used as a favorite mod to put internal links as well.. having one mod doing both is always better than having two separate mods..
:wink:

Thx for the reply!

RCAmerica1

Post by RCAmerica1 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 3:14 pm

R. U. Serious, thanks for the mod. Can you please look at my links page and temll me aside form an assistant admin deleteing a category, whats wrong wiht my links.php page please. And where I can currently get a new copy of this mod. (Or the original one I installed in php 2.04)

http://spadworld.net/links.php

Einstein

Post by Einstein » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:53 pm

This seems great ... I will take look on this ... And make it beter if it's not good enough ;)

Seems like this has been forgoten for a while ... but it seems to be one of the best Links MOD.

imagedude
Name: Kai Ponte

Post by imagedude » Fri Apr 16, 2004 9:57 pm

Where does one find this for download?

I'm curious to add this to my forum. I tried the MX one but it was too complicated.

<edit 040419> -Nevermind - I found it and installed it.

bebop1065

Post by bebop1065 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:02 pm

First off, thanks for the mod. It works fine sofar. I just installed it.

I use subBlack as my theme. The text below "Category(s)" is black, therefore I can't see it.

Where can I change that font color? It doesn't seem to be located in the style sheet.

archangel1981

Post by archangel1981 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:01 pm

I have that exact same prob where can i change the colour for the text titles under catagorys on the add link page...

any help is appreciated! :)

bebop1065

Post by bebop1065 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 6:10 pm

Add this line to the css file of your selected theme. Adjust of course for color and text size.

Code: Select all

td.row4	{ background-color: #000000; color: #CC9900; font-size: 12px; }

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”