[BETA] Online today

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
defender-uk

Post by defender-uk »

Yer, me too, I have both versions running now :(

caped_crusader

Re: [BETA] Online today

Post by caped_crusader »

Erm...my first mod...

It shows the users who have been online today. I find it useful, I hope you do to!!

Download current version:
http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/images/17553 ... 0today.mod

I forgot my old username so I had to re register! :roll:

This may sound stupid to all of you, but Im a novice at this and Id like to include this on my forum, but first it downloads as a winamp file, dont know why and second WHERE am I putting this? In what pages? Ive made mods before on my forum, so I know a little about it but I read the thread and unless I missed it I dont see any instructions.

Any help would be great, this would be a great feature.

Also looking for an "ignore" feature. Some users are getting harrassed.

Thanks! :D

NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Just change the .mod extension to .txt.

Search for "simple ignore" for a great ignore mod.
Come play Final Fantasy Tactics: Online!
Features:
- Pick one of 351 class combinations. Battle 150 different monsters. Find over 2,200 weapons, armor, and items. Fight in tournaments or play the Gil Slots. Anything goes!

rhs98

Post by rhs98 »

Liam_uk wrote: still getting the same problem with it not catching all the users that have been online. :?

I am looking in to this...I have currently NO idea whats causing it...but a few suspisions...

Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame »

Hello,

this mod, as it is written on the first post's download location is still showing invisible users for everyone. I tried the fix by Noah, but it didn't work.

Anyone willing to show me where to edit to make this happen?

NoahK

Post by NoahK »

Cross_+_Flame wrote: Hello,

this mod, as it is written on the first post's download location is still showing invisible users for everyone. I tried the fix by Noah, but it didn't work.

Anyone willing to show me where to edit to make this happen?

Paste the code you got buddy and I'll fix it.
Come play Final Fantasy Tactics: Online!
Features:
- Pick one of 351 class combinations. Battle 150 different monsters. Find over 2,200 weapons, armor, and items. Fight in tournaments or play the Gil Slots. Anything goes!

Liam_uk

Post by Liam_uk »

rhs98 wrote:
Liam_uk wrote:still getting the same problem with it not catching all the users that have been online. :?

I am looking in to this...I have currently NO idea whats causing it...but a few suspisions...

ok, let me know if you crack it

cheers.

MoLew

Post by MoLew »

This is great stuff... I've been looking for precisely this sort of mod... umm, let me re-phrase that... I've been looking for precisely this sort of *well made* mod. There are other similar mods out there (mentioned in previous pages of this thread) that do roughly the same thing, albeit to the extremes of intense detail and/or intense "bugginess", but none that appear to be as well and simply thought out as this one. Bravo!

I'll certainly be checking back here often to see how this progresses.

Oh yes... many thanks for this mod!! :D

MoLew

Post by MoLew »

Feature Request:

When showing the users who have visited, can we have the option (whether by file edit choice -such as the display of time the user visited- or via ACP in a future version) to sort the list of names by:

1) (default) alphabetically

-or-

2) most recent visitor

-or-

3) (???)

(or did I miss that option somehwere?)

caped_crusader

Post by caped_crusader »

MoLew wrote: This is great stuff... I've been looking for precisely this sort of mod... umm, let me re-phrase that... I've been looking for precisely this sort of *well made* mod. There are other similar mods out there (mentioned in previous pages of this thread) that do roughly the same thing, albeit to the extremes of intense detail and/or intense "bugginess", but none that appear to be as well and simply thought out as this one. Bravo!

I'll certainly be checking back here often to see how this progresses.

Oh yes... many thanks for this mod!! :D

Are you referring to this mod-->

What page am I putting this on? And where on the page? Sorry to sound so stupid but this php isnt my strong suit. ANY help would be great.

caped_crusader

Re: [BETA] Online today

Post by caped_crusader »

rhs98 wrote: Download current version:
http://www.isitaboat.co.uk/my_stuff/php ... 0today.mod

This takes me to a dead page. Is there a current version of this and any instructions would be great

rhs98

Post by rhs98 »

Yeah my domain is currently unstable as it is changing DNS. It should be fixed soon.

MoLew

Post by MoLew »

caped_crusader wrote: Are you referring to this mod-->

What page am I putting this on? And where on the page? Sorry to sound so stupid but this php isnt my strong suit. ANY help would be great.

Yes that's the one. (Except I see the domain is down tonight, so I hope you've already downloaded it).

Open the .mod file with a text editor (notepad will do fine) and simply follow the instructions. They will tell you which files to edit, and precisely where to make those edits.

When done editing, back up the files on your server then upload the newly edited versions.

What this does is add a new area directly under teh "who's online" section, listing all the registered members of your forum who have visited today. It's one of those mods where you probably won't get any benefit from it if you don't want your registered visitor's screen-names displayed. But if you want to see who -and/or when- has been dropping by, it works a treat. :)

loopmaster

Post by loopmaster »

Are there any other locations I can grab this script from, as the domain is still down?

Edit: The DNS is still down. :(
Enjoy a sun filled tropical holiday at http://www.ojko.com/phpbb/ home of the official FinalBurn Alpha forums. FinalBurn Alpha is an emulator for MC68000/Z80 based arcade games.

caped_crusader

Post by caped_crusader »

rhs98 wrote: Yeah my domain is currently unstable as it is changing DNS. It should be fixed soon.

still down. any hope for us? :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”