[BETA] (PCP ADD-ON)NavUSMC Medal System

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Nofa_Loki

[BETA] (PCP ADD-ON)NavUSMC Medal System

Post by Nofa_Loki »

This system displays Military medals, specifically Navy and Marine Corps Medal's on the viewtopic on the left, and in a custom panel called the display case under the users profiles.

This is my first attempt at creating a mod. Any and all input will be very welcome.

This mod is large due to the many graphic files, however the installation is very short.

The installation file does work in Easymod, however there are more things that need to be done aside from simply applying the mod through easymod.

The Copy of the graphics, as well as once the mod is applied the creation of SQL entries in the Fields Definitions Panel.

Thank you very much in advance.

I look forward to your suggestions.

(if you know another way to make this work, more simplistic or whatever please add that as well)

EDIT: 8/8/04

V2.1 Beta

Download Here

Fixed Output Error, Corrected Spelling issues, Added SQL in Install. Added Mouse-over Names to Ribbons.
Last edited by Nofa_Loki on Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

Wow, it cant be that boring of a mod....

ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf »

it isnt its just that i dont use the medal system mod or pcp.

gball

Post by gball »

Since PCP changes so much and there is basicly like no offical support for it practically nobody uses it.

Great mod though.

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

PCP changes alot???... there hasnt been any new releases in months... I dont follow ya..

So it worked ok for you?

gball

Post by gball »

No PCP changes alot of the standard code of phpbb

Just about any mod you want to add you have to worry about integrating it into PCP

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

For the most part, it encompasses the already existing code and manages it. Most of the primary and original coding is still there... I have around 75 mods on my site, and maybe 2 have needed specific adjustment for PCP. I can understand the desire not to have 1 mod take over so much, however I would say that the integration of PCP allows you to manage all of your code in a simplistic form, instead of making mods to actual code, you can supplement it.

gball

Post by gball »

Loki- I;m with you on that cause I use PCP and I like it a lot but I think thats the main reason why others dont use it.

Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

If ya'll don't mind me asking...what's PCP?

ycl6
Translator

Post by ycl6 »

gball wrote: No PCP changes alot of the standard code of phpbb
Just about any mod you want to add you have to worry about integrating it into PCP

I totally agree with this, I've seen too many such cases
Rookie7 wrote: If ya'll don't mind me asking...what's PCP?

Profile Control Panel
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=150925

~Mac

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

Still looking for suggestions and input on how to make this better. Unless I actually did it right the first time.. LOL... I think Pthrik would have a field day on me.. LOL

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

Still hoping for some more input here... I would like to see this mod get released, can't make that happen without some help here.. Thanks.

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

V2.1 Beta ... This will be my final submission for testing before I finalize and submit. ... if you use PCP and are looking for an in depth Medal System mod, this is it. If you want to check it out just to help a new modder out, then by all means... please do.

Medal System Mod

Changes Since Beta 2.0
Added Name Mouseovers, Corrected Spelling Issues, fixed output error, added SQL to Install.

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

Seriously looking for any critique here. I would like this to be as perfect as possible before I submit it...

I know many dont use PCP or dont have a use, but its easy to remove. Just looking for some people to test the mod itself.

Nofa_Loki

Post by Nofa_Loki »

Bump

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”