[BETA] Spoiler BBcode MOD++

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ewerx

Post by ewerx »

One of my users is reporting that this mod doesn't work in Mozilla browser. I have tried it myself on IE and Firefox and it is okay on those. Is there a way to make it work for Mozilla too?

cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

I will run some compatibility tests and see what I can do :D

EDIT: I have just tested with the latest version of Mozilla, 1.7 I believe, and I've found no problem whatsoever. Please make sure that your user has javascript enabled. That's the only reason I can think of for it not to work. Do they recieve any error messages or what?

Could you also tell me what version of Firefox you use, so that I can add to the first post that it is compatible with Firefox. Thanks!

Schwpz

Post by Schwpz »

the spoiler mod is at least compatible with explorer 6.0, but I guess you knew that already... :lol:
..:: PlanetZot.com - Your ultimate source for animation! ^^

cheesypeanut

Post by cheesypeanut »

Schwpz wrote: Only one question: is it possible to add a button for it (like with the code and code buttons) instead of typing [spoiler][/spoiler] manually?
Or have I missed something while installing it? ^^

I have now written the code for this. See the first post in the topic :D

cayuchi

Post by cayuchi »

This is weird...

I always get this error:

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/html/phpBB2/includes/bbcode.php(61) : eval()'d code on line 64

and all my tags stop working. This happened with elfy's version too. I'm using phpBB 2.0.5 - could that be the reason? That line 64 is no where near the code which has been modified...

EDIT: I found this page but even when I did the changes the problem was not solved...

http://www.phpbb.com/kb/article.php?article_id=33

kappel

Post by kappel »

I get this error message:

FIND FAILED: In file [templates/subSilver/subSilver.css] could not find:

/* This is the outline round the main forum tables */
.forumline { background-color: white; border: 0px black solid; }

What should I do?

coderedstar

Post by coderedstar »

EDIT: All problems fixed. Awesome code.

Langly810

Post by Langly810 »

Hi!

I have followed all the steps, and it works perfectly if I manually write the [ spoiler] tag, but I can't make the button appear in my forum! I installed everything (the Multiple BBcode MOD), and did what you said in your post, but it still is not there...

The only thing I couldn't do as you said was to modify

$EMBB_keys = array(''
$EMBB_widths = array(''
$EMBB_values = array(''

in the posting.php file, because I can't find it there, but in the includes/bbcode.php file. I modified it there, but I guess the result is not the same?

Thanks in advance!

cthree

Post by cthree »

Well I am having some trouble with different templates. I can get it to work fine with subsilver (looks great!) but have only found the code you specified in the overall header of 3 out of 6 of my other templates and the ones that DID have it dont work. Any help? A good example is sub_black.

Thanks!

Mut

Post by Mut »

Hi, I'm having some trouble with this MOD. I did everything correctly and I get no errors, but it seems that the text within the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags first shows as if it's regular text. And then when I move my mouse over it, the text, which was originally black, turns white. Then when I move my mouse over it again, the spoiler tags works like normal. Is there something that I need to do?

I'm using the Silver theme and using phpBB version 2.0.17.

Here's the post with the spoiler tags.
http://www.rolleyes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=63#63

when

Post by when »

its not much of a spoiler if you see the text til you put your mouse over it, then the background appears

Mut

Post by Mut »

when wrote: its not much of a spoiler if you see the text til you put your mouse over it, then the background appears

That's what my problem is. I did everything it said but it doesn't work the way it's suppose to.

Mut

Post by Mut »

Can anyone help with this problem?
Mut wrote: Hi, I'm having some trouble with this MOD. I did everything correctly and I get no errors, but it seems that the text within the [spoiler][/spoiler] tags first shows as if it's regular text. And then when I move my mouse over it, the text, which was originally black, turns white. Then when I move my mouse over it again, the spoiler tags works like normal. Is there something that I need to do?

I'm using the Silver theme and using phpBB version 2.0.17.

Here's the post with the spoiler tags.
http://www.rolleyes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=63#63

prostistudent

Post by prostistudent »

Guys this is no big deal. The "code" that you guys are worried about is merely part of the style information. You just have to find the stylesheet that your template uses. There is always a link to this stylesheet in the header information, or alternatively, the style information itself.

BTW, this mod does not work out-of-the-box for Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC1 or M$ IE 6 from my testing. This is due to the default template actually using the embedded styles first, rather than the stylesheet. (This is the cause of the problem with having to mouseover first, before the spoiler CSS is activated. Well, it was for my forum, anyway.)

But also of worth noting is that when one wishes to reply, the posts are shown in the 'Topic Review' area under the 'Post a reply' box without the spoiler filtering. The simple solution to this is to add that same CSS "code" into the file /templates/subSilver/simple_header.tpl

This should solve all o' ya'll problems. Hopefully.

cameraslens

Post by cameraslens »

I need some help.
I changed all the files for the spoiler mod perfectly, and I'm trying to get put the button in to make spoilers not visible. I uploaded Multi BBCODe with no problem to 1.4C.

Here's the issue. this portion:
#
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
$EMBB_keys = array(''
$EMBB_widths = array(''
$EMBB_values = array(''

is not in the posting.php file anymore with the 1.4 update. It's replaced with this:
Multi_BBCode();

So I'm trying to figure out what file I modify from there. I was thinking it was the bbcode.php file..

but this is what it looks like:
// MULTI BBCODE-begin
function Multi_BBCode()
{
global $template, $lang;

// DO NOT CHANGE THIS ARRAY
$hotkeys = array('', 'd', 'e', 'g', 'h', 'j', 'k', 'm', 'n', 'r', 't', 'v', 'x', 'y', 'z', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9', '0');

//NOTE: the first element of each array must be '' Add new elements AFTER the ''
$EMBB_widths = array('') ;
$EMBB_values = array('') ;
for ($i=1; $i<count($EMBB_values); $i++)
{
// load BBcode MODs info
$val = ($i*2)+16 ;
$help_lang = ( !empty($lang['bbcode_help'][(strtolower($EMBB_values[$i]))]) ) ? $lang['bbcode_help'][(strtolower($EMBB_values[$i]))] : $lang['bbcode_help'][$EMBB_values[$i]];
$template->assign_block_vars('MultiBB', array(
'KEY' => $hotkeys[$i],
'NAME' => "addbbcode$val",
'HELP' => sprintf($help_lang, $hotkeys[$i]),
'WIDTH' => $EMBB_widths[$i],
'VALUE' => $EMBB_values[$i],
'STYLE' => "bbstyle($val)")
);
}
}
// MULTI BBCODE-end

I would really LOVE this mod to work in my forums, since spoilers are a big issue for some people...any help would be appreciated..[/quote]

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”