[DEV] Roaming profile

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rookie7

Post by Rookie7 »

Personally, I think emoporo was being sincere about his idea and he only wanted to explain his ideas more clearly by providing the links to his site. I don't think it was his intention to spam.

emoporo: Even though it is a great idea, I don't think it's gonna be very popular once it is released since not many people trust a 3rd party site to host their members details (I know I wouldn't). phpBB Passport wasn't all that popular either. When it was released, I only saw a few sites actually use it. You should take that into consideration and use your coding talent on something that more people would be willing to use.

emoporo

Post by emoporo »

Rookie7 wrote: Personally, I think emoporo was being sincere about his idea and he only wanted to explain his ideas more clearly by providing the links to his site. I don't think it was his intention to spam.

THANK YOU!!
Rookie7 wrote: emoporo: Even though it is a great idea, I don't think it's gonna be very popular once it is released since not many people trust a 3rd party site to host their members details (I know I wouldn't). phpBB Passport wasn't all that popular either. When it was released, I only saw a few sites actually use it. You should take that into consideration and use your coding talent on something that more people would be willing to use.

That's true, people's trust is very hard to get. But I'll still try. And besides, phpbbpassport's security model was horrible; you had to log in in the participating phpbb sites, while my one logs in via passport's centralized server. Thus it's possible to see what information is being sent to what site and you can confirm or deny it (unlike phpbbpassport).
ayusuf wrote: okay enought with it and let me see ur mod.

Well, I'll put the links again. SPAM SPAM SPAM!!!
This is where to register: http://passport.xs.fi/register (mind the layout, it's under dev.)
This is where you can test it: http://pompo500.xs.fi/phpbb/

When you look at the test forum do you think it's my project to drive people in to build a community for me? No, I only think it's a test board to test XS Passport. Apparently the moderator TEAM saw it as a spam attempt.
With great power comes great responsibility, and I'm absolutely stunned people like that get to censor my post.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”