[DISC] My Dashboard Ultra

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
OmegaQuest

Post by OmegaQuest »

Sure, go for it, Glad I could help :)
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Latest news:
2004-08-15 - The download pack now includes two upgrade patches for existing users of Advanced or Basic. Patch A is for My Dashboard Advanced, Patch B is for My Dashboard Basic. Thanks to OmegaQuest, the pack also includes instructions on how to configure Ptirhiik's Profile Control Panel to use My Dashboard Ultra.
safeTsurfa
Need help? First READ THIS
Personal projects: My Mods
fubarweb

Post by fubarweb »

Updating the basic to ultra, got -

ALTER TABLE phpbb_users ADD dashboard_show TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, ADD dashboard_mode TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL, ADD dashboard_avatar TINYINT(1) UNSIGNED DEFAULT '1' NOT NULL
+++ Error: Duplicate column name 'dashboard_show'
iloserman

Post by iloserman »

Looks like you tried to install it twice. If its allready there, it should be fine.

ILM
- Have a problem? I would love to help you out.
[ AIM ] [ MSN ] [ PM ] [ E-MAIL ] [ Website ] <- Contact info below.

Over 2,550+ users assisted, outside of phpBB. 37 Hosted.
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Unlikely to be a double installation attempt, otherwise there would have been the same error for all three fields. You need to check what else is using dashboard_show as a field in the users table. It certainly is not part of straight phpBB, so it must be another MOD you have installed, as I haven't used any SQL until this release.

To solve this, you will need to work through mine and change all references of dashboard_show to something else (example dashboard_visible) then do the SQL again to create the new field with the new name. This will mean some work for you, but it shouldn't be difficult to do. Sorry, but I won't be writing up a fix for this, it is not a flaw in my MOD and it is not a phpBB installation issue. It is a conflict between my MOD and another one or with a portal, so is not my responsibility to fix.

I refer you to the Author's Notes you should have read before installing, which clearly indicate I will not get into the never-ending game of dealing with MOD conflicts, as these are problems caused by other tweaks you as the user have done to your original installation, and is not a problem between my MOD and the phpBB package itself. Sorry if that seems harsh, but the responsibility is on the user to ensure MODs they select will not conflict with each other before they start tinkering with their installation.
##############################################################
## Author Notes:
## This MOD is tested on phpBB 2.0.8, but should work on older versions from 2.0.6.
## It has not been tested on phpBB 2.0.10, feedback on any problems is welcome.
## This is designed and intended for standard phpBB installations. It has not been
## tested on portals or pre-modded boards, and is not guaranteed to work with them.
## Support will NOT be given where this is installed on a portal or pre-modded board.
safeTsurfa
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

2004-08-15 Update Patch 1 released
Fixed small bug to make avatar display obey board restrictions set in the Admin Panel.
Added switch to hide "show avatar" option if avatars are disabled for the board or user.

Code: Select all

## MOD Title:    My Dashboard Ultra Update Patch - v1.0.0 to v1.0.1
## MOD Author: safeTsurfa < safetsurfa@hotmail.com > (n/a) http://www.safetsurfa.co.uk
## MOD Description: Contains the changes from version 1.0.0 to 1.0.1. 
## MOD Version:  1.0.0 
## 
## Installation Level:   Easy 
## Installation Time:   ~5 minutes 
## 
## Files To Edit: 3 
##	includes/page_header.php
##	includes/usercp_register.php 
##	templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl 
## Included Files: n/a
## For Security Purposes, Please Check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ for the latest 
## version of this MOD. Downloading this MOD from other sites could cause malicious 
## code to enter into your phpBB Forum. As such, phpBB will not offer support for 
## MOD's not offered in our MOD-Database, located at: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ 
## Author Notes: 
## This MOD is tested on phpBB 2.0.8, but should work on older versions from 2.0.6. 
## It has not been tested on phpBB 2.0.10, feedback on any problems is welcome. 
## This is designed and intended for standard phpBB installations. It has not been 
## tested on portals or pre-modded boards, and is not guaranteed to work with them. 
## Support will NOT be given where this is installed on a portal or pre-modded board. 
## 
## MOD History: 
## 
## 2004-08-15 - Version 1.0.0 
## - Fixed a small bug to make avatar display obey ACP general config restrictions. 
## - Added switch to hide show avatar option if avatars disabled for board or user. 
## 
## Before Adding This MOD To Your Forum, You Should Back Up All Files Related To This MOD 

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
includes/page_header.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------ 
# 
	if ( $userdata['dashboard_avatar'] == 1 && $userdata['user_allowavatar'] ) 

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
	if ( $userdata['dashboard_avatar'] == 1 && $userdata['user_allowavatar'] && ( $board_config['allow_avatar_upload'] || $board_config['allow_avatar_local'] || $board_config['allow_avatar_remote'] ) ) 

# 
# 
includes/usercp_register.php 

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
		if ( $userdata['user_allowavatar'] && ( $board_config['allow_avatar_upload'] || $board_config['allow_avatar_local'] || $board_config['allow_avatar_remote'] ) )
		{

# 
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
			$template->assign_block_vars('switch_dashboard_avatar', array() );

# 
# 
templates/subSilver/profile_add_body.tpl 

# 
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------ 
# 
	<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_DASHBOARD_AVATAR}:</span></td>
	  <td class="row2">
		<input type="radio" name="dashboardavatar" value="1" {DASHBOARD_AVATAR_YES} />
		<span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp; 
		<input type="radio" name="dashboardavatar" value="0" {DASHBOARD_AVATAR_NO} />
		<span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
	</tr>

# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
	<!-- BEGIN switch_dashboard_avatar -->
	<tr> 
	  <td class="row1"><span class="gen">{L_DASHBOARD_AVATAR}:</span></td>
	  <td class="row2">
		<input type="radio" name="dashboardavatar" value="1" {DASHBOARD_AVATAR_YES} />
		<span class="gen">{L_YES}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp; 
		<input type="radio" name="dashboardavatar" value="0" {DASHBOARD_AVATAR_NO} />
		<span class="gen">{L_NO}</span></td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END switch_dashboard_avatar -->

# 
#-----[ SAVE/CLOSE ALL FILES ]------------------------------------------ 
# 
# EoM
safeTsurfa
fubarweb

Post by fubarweb »

eh? what have you been smoking?

what possible mod could be using dashboard_show except yours? yours is the only mod i have called anything like dashboard
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

this anit from the dashboard ultra since i did not update,but on the advanced verison of the dashboard,i get this:
My posts: [ 5 ] topics :: [ -4 ] replies
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

L

Post by safeTsurfa »

fubarweb wrote: eh? what have you been smoking?

what possible mod could be using dashboard_show except yours? yours is the only mod i have called anything like dashboard

I leave drug abuse to the morons, thanks.

There is only one other way that SQL error occured if it isn't because of a duplication, and that is if you tried an installation and only entered the one line. Continue with the MOD install if you wish, as a duplication error is not in itself a problem, as long as you are sure nothing else uses that field.

And yes, I do realise "dashboard" is most unlikely to be repeated by others in their MODs, which is why I chose the name in the first place instead of the more common "User Panel" etc.
safeTsurfa
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Shof515 wrote: this anit from the dashboard ultra since i did not update,but on the advanced verison of the dashboard,i get this:
My posts: [ 5 ] topics :: [ -4 ] replies

The count for replies is the result of the existing phpBB method for counting user posts less the count of post shown as topic_starters by your user_id. As long as the figures in the database are correct for that user, this should not be happening. Could you please take a look at your database and see how many posts and topic_starters are listed against your user_id in the posts table and topics table? Thanks.
safeTsurfa
burnthome

Post by burnthome »

its looks like no different between basic and advanced mod(the outlook)....and as i know it should be have a bit different but as i look at it it seen like no different between them!!! its that have any mistake/error in between the mod because i newly installing it...

thanks for your help,
burnthome
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

If you want to see the differences, check what you need to do to upgrade by reading the upgrade patches in a text editor. They are changes in the coding more than visual, also it rolls both older MODs into one then adds options to the user profile so users themselves can choose how it is displayed. Anyone upgrading from Basic will find the upgrade instructions are more involved than doing a clean install of Ultra, while existing Advanced users get an easier time with their upgrade. :lol:
safeTsurfa
kaos1984

Post by kaos1984 »

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare get_template_name() (previously declared in /home/desibeatsuuk/public_html/phpBB2/includes/functions.php:505) in /home/desibeatsuuk/public_html/phpBB2/includes/functions.php on line 536
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

If you installed on a clean board, or one which does not have other Mods which already set declaration, there should be only one instance (mine) as it is not present in that file with a standard phpBB installation.

This would be caused where the function get_template_name is already in use by something else. One Mod which would do that is John B Abela's Welcome and Avatar on Index Mod, from where I adapted the code.

Could you post what the code is where this occurs (open functions.php in a text editor and use Find on the term function get_template_name )?
safeTsurfa
StickyKid

Post by StickyKid »

hey guy :P
I've already po it on phpbb-tw.net :wink:
thanks for Mac to tell me this good news :!:
I was just busy on my new style :roll:
welcome to loveloli.net

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”