[DISC] My Dashboard Ultra

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Many thanks! I just PM'ed you with a URL of the finished file. Could you please check it for me before I add it to the main download? 8)
safeTsurfa
Need help? First READ THIS
Personal projects: My Mods
iloserman

Post by iloserman »

One small thing I have to say:

Welcome! ILoserMan

Should be

Welcome ILoserMan!

Just a thought :P I have changed it for my uses allready. Thought others might want to.

ILM
- Have a problem? I would love to help you out.
[ AIM ] [ MSN ] [ PM ] [ E-MAIL ] [ Website ] <- Contact info below.

Over 2,550+ users assisted, outside of phpBB. 37 Hosted.
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Yep, you're right, I will drop the exclamation mark in the next update.
safeTsurfa
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

Welcome back! Shaun
i notice it on my test forum too....it looks better if the username is after the name
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

2004-08-16
Traditional Chinese language pack now available, very kindly written by StickyKid. This is now included in the download pack.

Taiwanese users wishing to download Ultra with Traditional Chinese already included within the Mod file itself may get it from here. Do be aware that site shadows the Ultra releases from here, so it may not always have the latest version immediately after a new one is issued.
safeTsurfa
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

if the Welcome Back! thing is buging you,then open up language/lang_main.php and find this:
$lang['Welcome'] = "Welcome back! ";

and replace it with this:
$lang['Welcome'] = "Welcome back ";

simple dirty litte trick..... :lol: :lol:
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Yep, it's already changed in the download. :wink:
safeTsurfa
iloserman

Post by iloserman »

Shof515 wrote: if the Welcome Back! thing is buging you,then open up language/lang_main.php and find this:
$lang['Welcome'] = "Welcome back! ";

and replace it with this:
$lang['Welcome'] = "Welcome back ";

simple dirty litte trick..... :lol: :lol:

You then have to fix the index_body.tpl and add if after the $username var :P

EDIT: Oops didn't see your post STS.

ILM
- Have a problem? I would love to help you out.
[ AIM ] [ MSN ] [ PM ] [ E-MAIL ] [ Website ] <- Contact info below.

Over 2,550+ users assisted, outside of phpBB. 37 Hosted.
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

i see the new download link just removes the !,maybe there is a way to get it after the user name
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

I will need to think about that, because with the variety of characters used in usernames it could cause confusion without a space between. Probably better for people who do want it to simply use the edit suggested by iloserman.
safeTsurfa
fredol

Post by fredol »

Hi,

Seems your MOD is growing fine 8)
Okay so I'm working on my website, and I didn't really use your Dashboard :roll:, but it's a great idea so I made something pretty much like it (I used different stats, mostly since I have the Keep flag unread MOD installed) but here's a little thing that I did that you could add (cause it seems you're not busy enough :lol: ;))

When the stat result is zero, aka no post/topic, then don't put a link (would be a No topics or posts met your search criteria result anyway). It's no big deal, but it's nice ;) 8)
example wrote: $l_new_topics_total = sprintf($l_new_topics_total_s, ( ($total_new_topics>0) ? '<a href="' . append_sid('search.'.$phpEx.'?search_id=newtopics') . '" class="nav" title="' . $lang['View_results'] . '">' : '' ) . $total_new_topics . ( ($total_new_topics>0) ? '</a>' : '' ));

Bye,
fredol
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Thanks fredol, I'll take a look at that. :D

Yep, it is turning into a monster, strange to think it was such a tiny thing when I made the first one. Currently working on making it minimize and restore using a button on the Dashboard itself, without losing the page. I'm testing the global PHP_SELF which does a page refresh and seems to work nicely on my board. Any ideas are welcome, but however it's done, it won't be javascript, it will be done within php so it's not client dependent.

So that seems to be the button direction taken care of, just need to make the SQL update routine and translate that into a redirect URL. Yep that's another field needed for the display state of the board, because this one will minimise or restore leaving the title header and opposite button visible, not do a complete show or hide the way the profile option does it.
safeTsurfa
Freddy_o5

Post by Freddy_o5 »

I tried to install this on a 2.0.10 board (silly maybe!)... anyway when I uploaded the modded files after making the appropriate database changes, I couldn't log in to the board; in fact the board pages (index.php/admin.php etc) wouldn't actually load, I got a blank page (no errors). I've had to revert to the backup versions.

Is there something in the code for this mod that makes a 2.0.10 board think that everything is a hacking attempt? Or have I missed something completely obvious; this isn't something I've ever experienced before.

:edit: If it helps, this is the html source for the blank forum pages:

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY></HTML>
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Thanks for telling, I'll change the warning in my Mod about this. I am tempted to say you missed the obvious (since you asked), namely the very first Author's Note. :lol:
## Author Notes:
## This MOD is tested on phpBB 2.0.8, but should work on older versions from 2.0.6.
## It has not been tested on phpBB 2.0.10, feedback on any problems is welcome.

Since I don't use 2.0.10 and since I don't intend rushing into doing so, given that so many other Mods which I use will probably fail with it (why should I deliberately break my own board?), this problem is a back burner thing. However, if anyone else has it installed and working on 2.0.10, please let us know.

Getting the whole project finalised comes first, there are far more pre-2.0.10 users out there than there are using the latest pack, who can still use this. I'll do a second install using 2.0.10 after that to see if there is a compatibility issue with my Mod. Are you sure it dies because of a hacking attempt? It would say "Hacking attempt" at the top left of those pages if so, not be totally blank?
safeTsurfa
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

I have gotten this mod to work on 5 phpBB 2.0.10 forums
Whos missing up my sig?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”