[DISC] My Dashboard Ultra

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

2004-08-22: New feature by popular request... Minimize and Restore the dashboard! :D

This is not the same as the existing profile option Show My Dashboard, which removes the console from view conpletely. Rather this new feature allows the data area of the dashboard to collapse (minimize) leaving only the title bar visible, while restore expands the data area again. This is done using buttons on the title bar itself and works from any page.

This does not use javascript, it uses a php session to change the dashboard state then immediately refreshes back to the page the user was on at the time they clicked the button. The page refresh remembers any topic/forum id or action being done at the time, (example post edit mode or displayed search results). The only thing it does not do is retain any text entered in a text box - so don't use the feature while making a post or you will lose what you typed!

I just need to finish writing up the patch and MOD file, then I need some testers to check it on their own installation please. If anyone wants to see it in action while I do this, log in at my board using test account Test/test999. 8)
safeTsurfa
Need help? First READ THIS
Personal projects: My Mods
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

hmmm...i am using mozilla firefox 0.9.3 and it dont work on your site
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

It does now. :D
safeTsurfa
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

it will be nice if the open and close can be faster
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

It's as fast as it takes to call the session, make the update and refresh. The file is only 63 lines, it makes one sql update and refreshes with no delay. Shrug, any idea how to make that faster?
safeTsurfa
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

maybe talk to markus on how to make it use DHTML
Whos missing up my sig?
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

Sorry, but that is not going to happen as again it is a client side script. If I were looking at it that way I would have used javascript. I don't see the speed of refresh as a major issue here, as it is something which would by most people only be used occasionally.

The whole point of this is that it uses php which is server side, to do the refresh and state change, so no matter what browser is used, no matter scripting is turned off or not present, it works.
safeTsurfa
safeTsurfa
I've Been Banned!

Post by safeTsurfa »

2004-08-25 - Minimise and restore feature added to the dashboard. Update Patch 2 released (1.0.2 to 1.1.0). Patch is included in the download pack. Please note there are additonal files with this update which will need uploading.

Boards using large images in their templates will find alternative minimise/restore buttons in the Large Images folder. Where needed, these will need to be uploaded manually into the appropriate template folders to overwrite the standard ones supplied for subSilver.
safeTsurfa
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

I'm using the profilecp mod and can't seem to find the controls to enable or disable, have you tested it with this mod? Do you know where it's located?
tm6tech

Post by tm6tech »

great mod safeTsurfa :)

Could you tell me how I would go about adding a little bit of extra information to the dashboard though?

For example, some of my members have asked for their points to be included. Is there an easy way to add data from other mods to {L_DASHBOARD_DETAILS} ?

Cheers :)
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

khisanthax wrote: I'm using the profilecp mod and can't seem to find the controls to enable or disable, have you tested it with this mod? Do you know where it's located?

Did you perform the PCP instructions? If so then the options would be located in Profile/Profile section.
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

where they a seperate set? I'll check again.
MrDSL

Post by MrDSL »

Yes in the download theres a file How to use with Profile Control Panel.txt you need to follow them steps.
khisanthax

Post by khisanthax »

ooooppppsss! I feel dumb, thanks!
deny

Post by deny »

I have same problem with unread PM as the guy on begin of this threat.It show 7 undread and there are in fact not any.
I'm gonna to take that part off too from my board!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”