[DEV] Group subscriptions mod released.

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
webmedic

[DEV] Group subscriptions mod released.

Post by webmedic »

I cordually invite you to try out our new group subscriptions mod.

Code: Select all

##############################################################
## MOD Title: Group Subscriptions
## MOD Author: webmedic < bah@webmedic.net > (Brook Humphrey) http://www.webmedic.net
## MOD Description: This MOD will let you sell subscriptions to selectable groups.
##     You can then give that group access to private forums, which will basically let
##     you sell subscriptions to forums. It uses PayPals IPN (Instant Payment Notification) 
##     system to update their group membership automaticaly so you don't have to.
##     
## MOD Version: .9.1
## 
## Installation Level: easy
## Installation Time: 5 Minutes
## Files To Edit:  groupcp.php
##                 templates/subSilver/groupcp_info_body.tpl
##                 templates/subSilver/groupcp_user_body.tpl
## Included Files: groups_subscriptions_installer.php
##                 groups_subscriptions_uninstaller.php
##                 groups_subscriptions_paypal_ipn.php
##                 admin/admin_groups_subscriptions.php
##                 admin/admin_groups_subscriptions_logs.php
##                 language/lang_english/lang_groups_subscriptions.php
##                 templates/subSilver/admin/admin_groups_subscriptions.tpl
##                 templates/subSilver/admin/admin_groups_subscriptions_logs.tpl
## 
## For Security Purposes, Please Check: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ for the 
## latest version of this MOD. Downloading this MOD from other sites could cause malicious code 
## to enter into your phpBB Forum. As such, phpBB will not offer support for MOD's not offered 
## in our MOD-Database, located at: http://www.phpbb.com/mods/ 
## Author Notes: You must already have a PayPal Business account if you plan on accepting 
## credit cards. PayPal Business accounts are free to set up. If you do not 
## already have one, go to https://www.paypal.com/us/mrb/pal=2W337TL7B7U32
## and set one up for free! You can then accept credit cards. 
## Since this MOD deals with real money I have made every effort to make 
## this MOD as secure as possible but since nothing in this world is flawless 
## I have to put a disclaimer to protect myself in the event of hackers or 
## whatever. So on that note, I take no responsibility if anything happens 
## to your forum or money. You are installing this MOD and using it at your 
## own risk and will not hold me liable for anything. 
## I currently use this on one of my live sites with thousands of members 
## and have not had any problems. So I am pretty confident with it's security. 
## 
## If you find any security flaws please email me right away! 
## If you make any fixes or addons to this MOD please email me and I will 
## add them to the next release. 
## 
## If you enjoy this free mod, please dont hesitate to make a donation.
## http://www.webmedic.net
##
## This mod is based on a mod that was done by omen but the site is no longer available
## So I have redone parts of the mod and updated it to actually work.
## Omen < omen@modpros.com > (Damien A.) http://mods.modpros.com
## MOD History:
## v.9.1 Initial Release
Right now this mod will take care of subscriptions to your site. Subscription renewal is handled automaticly.

Any questions please ask as well as any feature resuests.

I have been working on this diligently and if there are no bug reports then this will be renamed 1.0 and released as a final.

the only reason this is not named final is in case i get a few feature requests. It is completely functional and working though.

http://www.webmedic.net/betagroup-subsc ... t2441.html
Last edited by webmedic on Thu Sep 09, 2004 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dannic06

Post by dannic06 »

use paypals sandbox.

webmedic

Post by webmedic »

how? I'm still kind of new to doing devel stuff for paypal.

webmedic

Post by webmedic »

Meh I guess I was wrong I thought others would be inerested. I see about 44 people have looked and no offers for help. I also get no responce on how to use the dev kit thats fine guys if nobody wants to help. I'll do it all myself. It may take longer to release though and on top of it all dont be suprised if it's not just a simple little free download.

If anybody else really is interested and are not just talking about wanting this then let me know otherwise I dont see the reason to waste my time on free support for something nobody wants.

You can see it in action here:

http://www.webmedic.net/groupcp.php

since it is group realted you will have to have a user account. Sorry no way arround that one.

and in the main forums I have forums setup that use group permissions to allow or disallow access to them. here
http://www.webmedic.net/index.php?c=8

the mod will automaticly do the subscriptions on a monthly/weekly/yearly basis and you dont have to do anything it is all automatic.

Brent Trevel

Post by Brent Trevel »

Setup a cheaper group and I will send money. But from what I can tell this is exactly what the doctor has ordered. Looks to be working fine, directs properly to PayPal site with all info in there. I wanted to test it so bad you almost made $45 off me... Haha.

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

i want this mod very much indeed :D Allthough im not sure what i can do to help because my cat knows more php than I do =/ I can just about hobble scripts together from bits of code and examples from elsewhere, but they rarely work as desired =/

So find me a job and ill do my best to do it ;)

fordfairlane

Post by fordfairlane »

Hi webmedic

I think this is a cool idea. I know that previously omen worked on a similar concept but he suddenly disappeared from phpbb.com and his site isn't working anymore.

I want to set up a subscription site, but rather than being directed at groups, I'd love to see a version of your mod that will grant you access to the whole phpbb board, the reason being that my board will be more directed at chatting, blogging, user profile searching, etc. etc. Also, I want a flat subscription structure (no platinum or premium levels, just one that will give access to all areas).

Maybe you have some ideas on this? Keep up the good work

Cheers

Fordfairlane :D

webmedic

Post by webmedic »

um well that is an easy one all you have to do is set your whole forum and everything in it to private then make a group and give that one group access to everything. Then you sue this mod to let users sign up. When their payment goes through they get access to the group. It will automatically take care of payment options, price plans and renewal notices. In your case if all you need is a single group then only create one group with one price plan.

In my case I'm using integramod and it is very easy to add static html pages also. In this case I will set up a page explaining the groups and what you would get and then direct it to the sign up page rather than the groupcp page which is not as friendly.

I have found though that I had a few users that tried to go through and for some reason only one of them actually went all the way through to paypal and after the transaction the fields were not properly entered into the database.

I'm very close though hopefully by the end of next week to figure out the rest of the problems.

Thanks for the responce. If you have any other questions for some reason this thread did not email me correctly please post here:

http://www.webmedic.net/viewtopic.php?t=2441

thanks I'll update things as fast as I can and try to get the demo to a state where I can have testers again.

fordfairlane

Post by fordfairlane »

Hey webmedic

Thanks for your quick reply - I deeply appreciate that :D

Good to hear that the MOD suits my needs. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your efforts - very exciting.

Enjoy!

Best regards

Fordfairlane

masterconor

Post by masterconor »

Good luck webmedic!!!

I hope everything goes fine!

conor
masterconor
IntegraMOD Powered
IM Portal Powered
MrDSL, Alpaca, webmedic, and masterdavid powered!

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag »

Really looking forward to this mod, I'm suprised all other similar mods have been abandoned, as this seems very useful.
-Sammy

webmedic

Post by webmedic »

I have been doing more research on this and have setup a sandbox account account with paypal for testing it. Unfortunately I have a trip to go on and will be back in about a week and a half. At that time I'll get things back on track. Sorry for the delay. It will be much easier for testing with the fake paypal account though and so when i relase it it will be working already.

I dont think I'll need anymore testers as it will simply work once it's finished.

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

could you send me what you have done thus far? ill test it for you whilst you are away ;)

I really quite badly need a mod like this, so the oppertunity to get my mitts on it is very attractive ;)

webmedic

Post by webmedic »

sorry I was not ignoring you. I'm back now though.

Sammy Sandbag

Post by Sammy Sandbag »

Sorry to keep bothering you Webmedic, but what is the status of this mod?
-Sammy

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”