This mod slightly extends your capabilities to IP ban a user. By the way phpBB handles IP banning, a user cannot enter the forum at all. However, this may not be appropriate for all bans you wish to do. For example, you may want to block certain users from registering from a specific IP address, but still want them to view the forum. This may be useful in cases such as where a user did something wrong that you don't want to happen again, but does not warrant blocking the user from viewing the forum. It also helps protect against public internet services, such as those you find at Starbucks, which many users can use to get around IP tracking. You can ban those IPs but still allow people to log into existing accounts. Thus, people cannot register at starbucks, but those who have already registered find no interruption in service.
Features Coming in Future Versions:
Past Bugs/Version History
- Accepting IPv6 addresses
- Accepting domain names
- Allowing for wildcards
- Blocking edited profiles optionally (each ban entry will have its own option to block or not to block editing profiles of already created accounts)
- Blocking portions of editing profiles -- for example, for each user, or globally, block specified IPs from changing e-mail and passwords.
- Allowing for custom ban messages for each user (for each IP entry, that is)
- Parse error caused by a typo in an AFTER, ADD directive fixed. (0.2.2)
- Edit Profiles unblocked (1.0.0)
The archive is in ZIP format, to make it compatible for both linux and windows. Linux users can use either tar or unzip (both command line utilities) or the GUI Ark to extract the file. Windows XP users can use the built-in unzip program, and other windows users can use WinZip, which can be downloaded here
, to extract the file.
You can download the package here
Please report any bugs you may find here; do note that this is still in the BETA stage. Also, feel free to ask for more features!