[RC] Ultimate Quiz Mod 1.0.6

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

very cool! I like it... What about if you like get awsome, and again this is depending on the setting, you can say that people who's rank is whatever can create quizs too....
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

Great idea!

Suggestions, if the admin allows, the person taking the quiz can see the right answers to the quiz so he can see what he got and wrong and right.
ayusuf
I've Been Banned!

Post by ayusuf »

yea tru but then also you would have to disable that function if you gave the person multiple chances to take the quiz.
Questions

Post by Questions »

Very Nice! Will test this when it's released.
I will Install MODs to your forum, or install a fresh phpBB 2.0.10 to your host for reasonable prices.
Contact me via AIM @: Gam LDub

(Please note: I use paypal as my money transaction, so before you contact me to do any work to your site, make sure you have one. Thank you.)
Abax

Post by Abax »

Oh yeah! Nike (just do it ;)!
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

What about that he or she can take the quiz as much as he likes, but the answeres wont be available until the admins decided to distribute them... How about that? Or have it one time...
- Zypher

Fully Loaded
khchung

Post by khchung »

I have some random ideas:

1. Allow multi-answer for multiple choice questions. There is a flag to indicate whether a question is multi-answer and this flag is set by the question author. Players will see a message like "please select all correct answers" for this kind of questions -- even the question may have only one correct answer actually.

2. The system may record the number of trial and correct attempt of each questions such that there is some ways to reflect the difficulty of the questions. This piece of information may be used to evaluate the scores where more difficult questions have higher weight.

3. The system may have many questions in a quiz and each time a fixed number of questions randomly drawn from the database to the quiz taker.

4. The system allow plug-in for different quiz types, e.g. Millionaire quiz, timed quiz, etc.

Hope that I am not too demanding :lol: :lol: :lol:
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

khchung wrote: I have some random ideas:

1. Allow multi-answer for multiple choice questions. There is a flag to indicate whether a question is multi-answer and this flag is set by the question author. Players will see a message like "please select all correct answers" for this kind of questions -- even the question may have only one correct answer actually.

2. The system may record the number of trial and correct attempt of each questions such that there is some ways to reflect the difficulty of the questions. This piece of information may be used to evaluate the scores where more difficult questions have higher weight.

3. The system may have many questions in a quiz and each time a fixed number of questions randomly drawn from the database to the quiz taker.

4. The system allow plug-in for different quiz types, e.g. Millionaire quiz, timed quiz, etc.

Hope that I am not too demanding :lol: :lol: :lol:

8O
I think that is probably too difficult to make :lol:
But I will try :)

At the moment I'm working on the index page, I have got it to say # of quizzes submitted, I'm currently trying to get it to display the quizzes and a link :? :D
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

Wow! Cool ideas! Well anyway you got my support! And I can't wait! :)
- Zypher

Fully Loaded
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Ok, I have made the layout, and got the quizzes to show. Catch is they're on different pages :lol:

So once I combine them, and add the author there, the index page for the quiz is finished! :D

http://www.cricketmx.com/testforum/current.php < quizzes
http://www.cricketmx.com/testforum/quiztest.php < layout

The link that takes you to the quiz won't work yet, that's the page I'm making once index is done :)

lover
I've Been Banned!

Post by lover »

good layout and everything good job. ;)
Zypher

Post by Zypher »

Cool! But I wan unable to check out the quizes... :cry: Anyway cant wait! :)
- Zypher

Fully Loaded
tm6tech

Post by tm6tech »

oh crikey. I just made a post in the "mod requests" section suggesting that someone should build a quiz mod.

I'll keep a close eye on your progress with this one.
theanimewizard

Post by theanimewizard »

khchung wrote: I have some random ideas:

I like this idea. So even if 2 members are taking the same quiz, chances are, they wont have thesame questions =)
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

It makes it fairer if everyone get's the same quiz, especially if they earn cash / points for correct answers :)
But all these things I suppose could be feature's you could turn on or off in the admin panel :?

Great suggestions guys, keep them coming. How would you like to submit the quiz? At this stage I've made the limit 5 questions per quiz, should it be increased? :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”