[ABD] Donation MOD with PayPal IPN V1.1.2

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

Now is the donator gets points it's not really donating but buying points right?

I just think this should be split into two hacks/MODs to help those who want only one use.

I have a need for both hacks in a way, but not intergrated together.

deny

Post by deny »

Rapid Dr3am wrote: Now is the donator gets points it's not really donating but buying points right?

I just think this should be split into two hacks/MODs to help those who want only one use.

You have option to chose of member should get points or not after donating.So you can simple chose not to use points with this hack

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

deny wrote:
Rapid Dr3am wrote:Now is the donator gets points it's not really donating but buying points right?

You have option to chose of member should get points or not after donating.So you can simple chose not to use points with this hack

yah, you are right:

see the ACP:
Set the points to give to donor per $1:
IMPORTANT! If you donot have points MOD or you donot want to give points to donors, set this to 0.

deny, to correct the error
add these two lines in your lang_main.php

Code: Select all

$lang['LW_CURRENCY_TO_PAY'] = 'Select the currency type: ';
$lang['LW_CURRENCY_TO_PAY_EXPLAIN'] = 'Currently we only accpet %s.';
the download file updated.

and currently only support one currency.

I may made a few changes to support more currency type, but have to wait for me to finish my PayPal Group Subscription IPN MOD upgrade first.

but one question: paypal account can support more than one currency type? It only allow to select one currency type right?
My site - based on PHPBB
http://www.singapurate.com

deny

Post by deny »

paypal account can support more than one currency type? It only allow to select one currency type right?

I'm not sure but i think that select one of other currency should not be problem.USD or EUR or other currency too.Maybe someone else known it better.
One more things.Is it possible to give another error on negative saldo (-15) instead of php error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/pb/public_html/phpBB2/lwdonateconfirm.php on line 105
Example you can't donate negative value or you must input your donation etc....

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

please download the zip file and copy lwdonateconfirm.php to replace the one in your system.
My site - based on PHPBB

deny

Post by deny »

sandodo wrote: please download the zip file and copy lwdonateconfirm.php to replace the one in your system.

Thanks.It did a trick.However information screen does not give any explanation.It is in fact emtpy with only:

Information

Click Here to try again

Click Here to return to the Index

Is should be good to provide why it happend!!!

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

add to lang_main.php:

$lang['LW_PAYMENT_DATA_ERROR'] = 'The amount  or the currency you entered is wrong.';
The message doesnot appear mainly because the related $lang[''] is missing.

My lang_main.php messed with many other version MODs, so it is a re-used $lang[''] and so that I didnot include it into the donate mod section, then when I do the install instruction, they are forgotten to be included. :P
My site - based on PHPBB

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

deny wrote:
sandodo wrote:please download the zip file and copy lwdonateconfirm.php to replace the one in your system.

Thanks.It did a trick.However information screen does not give any explanation.It is in fact emtpy with only:

Information

Click Here to try again

Click Here to return to the Index

Is should be good to provide why it happend!!!

Hi, thanks for your patience. :roll:
My site - based on PHPBB

deny

Post by deny »

It is beta forum with beta testing.So any errors should help you to make your script better.

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

says An Error Occurred and there is no text next to any of the boxes on the left of the Admin CP - think i might wait a few versions before i install again =/

Looks good from the screenies, just wont work for me. Also you have index.php listed twice in your install ;)

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

xmulder wrote: says An Error Occurred and there is no text next to any of the boxes on the left of the Admin CP - think i might wait a few versions before i install again =/

Looks good from the screenies, just wont work for me. Also you have index.php listed twice in your install ;)

I have updated the zip file. can you please test it?

I checked the lang_admin.php, can not find error....
My site - based on PHPBB

deny

Post by deny »

Everything works fine but i still think that there need to be option to chose USD or EUR or any other supported currency by paypal inside admin panel.By default is USD but if you try to change in EUR or any toher it does not works.

xmulder

Post by xmulder »

INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name, config_value) VALUES('paypal_currency_code', 'USD');

if you change the USD part of that query to whatever currency code you want it "should" work, but i cant gurantee it because I have not looked through exactly how the code works!

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

xmulder wrote: INSERT INTO phpbb_config(config_name, config_value) VALUES('paypal_currency_code', 'USD');

if you change the USD part of that query to whatever currency code you want it "should" work, but i cant gurantee it because I have not looked through exactly how the code works!

in my code, currency code is got from $board_config['paypal_currency_code'], so after you change it in ACP, your support currency code will be changed.

But if you want to support multi-currency at the same time, please wait for next version. thanks.
My site - based on PHPBB

sandodo

Post by sandodo »

any feedback?
My site - based on PHPBB

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”