Page 1 of 14

[ABD] Donation MOD with PayPal IPN V1.1.2

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:07 am
by sandodo
It have been upgraded to ver 1.0.2
detailes goes to: http://www.loewen.com.sg/bbs/viewtopic.php?p=1102#1102

MOD Author: sandodo < zouxiong@loewen.com.sg > (Xiong Zou) http://bbs.loewen.com.sg & http://forum.loewen.com.sg
MOD Description: Admin can set PayPal accounts to receive donations,
Donors can choose to be anonymous when donation,
Admin can set how many points to give to donor when donation, (if you enable this, you Must have points MOD installed)
Admin can set current donation goal, description and duration,

MOD Version: 1.0.0.1
MOD Requirements: PHPBB Version 2.0.6 - 2.0.10; (But not quite related, other version should support too)

Installation Level: moderate
Installation Time: ~ 20 minutes.

Remember to backup all your files and Database data before you install this MOD.


Download File: install_LWDonation_MOD_V1.0.0.1.zip
File Size: 18,813 Bytes

Download File Link:
http://www.loewen.com.sg/downloads/inst ... .0.0.1.zip

Note: Your PayPal account must be Premier/Business Account to be able to receive Credit Card Payment,
If you donot have one, please follow this link to register: https://www.paypal.com/row/mrb/pal=RARP2763AYFN4 ,
it is free and it makes us your referal, so you are helping us by doing it. Thanks.

LIVE DEMO

If you have any problem encounted and urgent, please post to my forum:

http://bbs.loewen.com.sg

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 4:34 am
by sandodo
current status:
Donation to website with PayPal IPN is done,
Record each donation to database is done,
donator list is pendding...
donator can choose to be anonymous is pendding...

I set my site as a live demo:
http://bbs.loewen.com.sg you can come to check the current status.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:17 am
by stickerboy
Sounds good. i've been thinking about setting something like this on my board. Don't have an account yet, but once i get one i'll maybe install this (when it'sdone/almost done ;)) and let you know how i get on :)

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 12:13 pm
by markus_petrux
Thanks a lot, sandodo, for doing all these PayPal MODs.

I have a question/suggestion: Is it possible to run your PayPal related MODs in "test" mode, so the PayPal transactions are simulated just to play with the overall MODs functionallity? It could be very good to have the oportunity to evaluate if the MODs meet the needs everyone may have. ...or it is much easier than I can see now, so that's not required. ...sorry, I'm still a PayPal newbie. :?

Thanks again for your nice work, I believe this is going to make my life a lot easier. :) :)


Cheers

Sounds Awesome

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:22 pm
by cwcollector
Sounds like a great mod.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:45 pm
by sandodo
markus_petrux wrote: Thanks a lot, sandodo, for doing all these PayPal MODs.

I have a question/suggestion: Is it possible to run your PayPal related MODs in "test" mode, so the PayPal transactions are simulated just to play with the overall MODs functionallity? It could be very good to have the oportunity to evaluate if the MODs meet the needs everyone may have. ...or it is much easier than I can see now, so that's not required. ...sorry, I'm still a PayPal newbie. :?

Thanks again for your nice work, I believe this is going to make my life a lot easier. :) :)


Cheers


hi, PayPal allow a user to have two PayPal accounts legally, one personal account and one premier/business account.

You can test any amount you want between this two accounts, and since premier/business account would charge you transaction fee, PayPal provides refund function, all transactions between your two accounts will be canceled and no fee will be charged.

And if run mods in test mode, then you can not test the IPN with paypal,
since it will not cost you money when you test in the real environment, so test mode is not a big deal, right?

And since PayPal personal accounts doesnot charge transanction fee, so you can ask a friend to register a personal account and test with you, set trasnaction fee as 0.01 USD, then you can test paypal IPN without cost too.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:46 pm
by sandodo
cherokee red wrote: Sounds good. i've been thinking about setting something like this on my board. Don't have an account yet, but once i get one i'll maybe install this (when it'sdone/almost done ;)) and let you know how i get on :)


I will update you as soon as I finished it.

and any new ideas to add to this mod?

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:48 pm
by stickerboy
sandodo wrote:
cherokee red wrote:Sounds good. i've been thinking about setting something like this on my board. Don't have an account yet, but once i get one i'll maybe install this (when it'sdone/almost done ;)) and let you know how i get on :)


I will update you as soon as I finished it.

and any new ideas to add to this mod?


cool, thanks.
can't think of anything else to add just now. but i'll post back and let you know :)

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 8:00 pm
by twister17e
I think this mod is a good idea & I'll add it when it's released to my website that I'm currently developing. Just one suggestion though if you don't mind. What about a option for the donator to remain anonymous if they so choose.

Posted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:46 pm
by Narc0sis
sounds excellent. Id be interested in it.

How about a small variation of this mod where people can buy points on the board? I think someone else was going to make one that worked with the cash mod but it was never released and they vanished.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 3:51 am
by sandodo
twister17e wrote: I think this mod is a good idea & I'll add it when it's released to my website that I'm currently developing. Just one suggestion though if you don't mind. What about a option for the donator to remain anonymous if they so choose.


Good Idea, I will add this definitely. one thought, does anonymous need to be added to donator list?


Narc0sis wrote: How about a small variation of this mod where people can buy points on the board? I think someone else was going to make one that worked with the cash mod but it was never released and they vanished.


You mean my Pay-to-View MOD without PayPal IPN? and want it to integrate with Cash MOD?
I will do the integration with Cash MOD after I finished the MODs with PayPal IPN first. Sorry to keep you wait for this integration.

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 6:23 am
by Narc0sis
actually i meant something like

user donates real money via paypal = in return automatically receives cash points on the forum

The admin could set how much it would cost per point

Like $1 could buy 1000 points

Someone donates $5 and their username would receive 5000 points, etc

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 8:44 am
by sandodo
good idea, can you tell me the exact database table and column to add into?

user_points in users table?

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:09 am
by deny
Narc0sis wrote: actually i meant something like

user donates real money via paypal = in return automatically receives cash points on the forum

The admin could set how much it would cost per point

Like $1 could buy 1000 points

Someone donates $5 and their username would receive 5000 points, etc


Why not user_points.I think that more users of phpbb use points instead of cash Mods.So it will be best to use both.
Maybe another idea is to show graphical what is example purpose for next month o site.

Example:
Server Hosting Costs September 2004 (you can change text manually)

here come grapchic .............................


We've collected
$143.21 of our goal of $224.00!


View Donations
Last 5 Donations
kid carson $10.00
Leadnipjam $25.00
Guest $5.00
Mauzer $5.00
WelshMan $10.00


To see what i think you can see it on:

http://www.bluetack.co.uk/forums/index.php? (left side)

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:44 am
by markus_petrux
sandodo wrote: And if run mods in test mode, then you can not test the IPN with paypal, since it will not cost you money when you test in the real environment, so test mode is not a big deal, right?

Well, I meant a way to test your MOD without messing around PayPal, so running in test mode PayPal transactions could be somehow simulated.

Anyway, thank you very much for your explanation. I believe it also does the trick. ;)

Cheers