[BETA] GoogleBB Link Enhancement 1.2.1

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Post by kulinar » Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:31 pm

Joey, try this one:
In .htaccess FIND

Code: Select all

RewriteRule ^viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([[:punct:]/:\-\'(){}.&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&highlight=$2
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

RewriteRule ^viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([[:punct:]/:\-\+\'\%(){}.&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&highlight=$2
If you use the newer version try this:
In .htaccess FIND

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\+\%\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:02 pm

kulinar wrote: If you use the newer version try this:
In .htaccess FIND

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\+\%\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3


Hey Kulinar,

Thanks for the help - I tried this one above and what happened was when I put in the new code you suggested after I logged into the forum, every link I press the page broke... So i switched back to my original HTACESS here it is incase you want to see the codes.

Code: Select all

# you should deny these files anyway, this stops people from taking theme templates 

<FilesMatch "\.(inc|tpl|cfg)$"> 

  Deny from all 

</FilesMatch> 



<Limit GET PUT POST> 

  Order Allow,Deny 

  Allow from all 

</Limit> 

# BEGIN phpBB mod_rewrite rules 

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c> 

RewriteEngine On 



RewriteRule viewforum.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html viewforum.php\?f=$1&topicdays=$2&start=$3 

RewriteRule viewforum.([0-9]*)-s([a-zA-Z0-9_]*).html viewforum.php\?f=$1&start=$2 

RewriteRule viewforum.([0-9]*)-mark([a-zA-Z0-9_]*).html viewforum.php\?f=$1&mark=$2 

RewriteRule viewforum.([0-9]*).html viewforum.php\?f=$1 

RewriteRule viewcat.([0-9]*).html index.php\?c=$1 

RewriteRule watchtopic.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=topic&start=$2 

RewriteRule viewtopicres.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9_]*).html  viewtopic.php\?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&vote=$4 

RewriteRule viewtops.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&highlight= 

RewriteRule viewtops.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&start=$2&postdays=$3&postorder=$4&highlight= 

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-s([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&start=$2 

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3 

RewriteRule viewposth.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*).html viewtopic.php\?p=$1&$2=$3 

RewriteRule viewtopx.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html viewtopic\?t=$1&start=$2 

RewriteRule viewtopp.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=$3&start=$4 

RewriteRule viewpost.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&postdays=$2&postorder=asc&start=$3 

RewriteRule viewtopic.([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?t=$1 

RewriteRule viewpost.([0-9]*).html viewtopic.php\?p=$1 

RewriteRule search.([a-zA-Z0-9_]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9_]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9_]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9_]*).html search.php\?$1=$2&$3=$4 

RewriteRule search.([a-zA-Z0-9_]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9_]*).html search.php\?$1=$2 

RewriteRule search.html search.php 

RewriteRule memberlist.([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z]*)-([0-9]*).html memberlist.php\?mode=$1&order=$2&start=$3 

RewriteRule memberlist.html memberlist.php 

RewriteRule faq.([a-zA-Z0-9]*).html faq.php\?mode=$1 

RewriteRule faq.html faq.php 

RewriteRule groupcp.([0-9]*)-([0-9]*).html groupcp.php\?g=$1&start=$2 

RewriteRule groupcp.([0-9]*).html groupcp.php?g=$1 

RewriteRule groupcp.html groupcp.php 

RewriteRule viewprofile.([0-9]*).html profile.php\?mode=viewprofile&u=$1 



</IfModule> 

# END phpBB mod_rewrite rules 

Here's a question im not sure if it makes a difference, does the HTACCESS file need to be in the "ROUTE" directory of the FORUM or the domain? cuz my forum is www.pumatalk.com/forum and my htaccess file is in the route of PUMATALK.

Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
my best,
JOey Dee

kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Post by kulinar » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:32 pm

Well, this .htaccess has to be on forum directory.

Unfortunately I dont use highlight function, so I cant help much.

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:13 pm

kulinar wrote: Unfortunately I dont use highlight function, so I cant help much.

Hey mate,

what do you mean by that? Where do you see the highlight function in my code? And should I take it off then? I'm positive the answer to fix this issue is somewhere in there but man my knowledge in PHP is 0 :( i'm hoping someone can give me a hand and I do appreciate all the help

my best,
Joey Dee

kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Post by kulinar » Tue Nov 21, 2006 2:47 pm

joeydee wrote:
kulinar wrote:If you use the newer version try this:
In .htaccess FIND

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\+\%\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3


Hey Kulinar,

Thanks for the help - I tried this one above and what happened was when I put in the new code you suggested after I logged into the forum, every link I press the page broke... So i switched back to my original HTACESS
That sounds strange to me because I use exactly the same HTACCESS and everithing is OK. Try applying changes again after placing your htaccess in forum directory.

About highlight function: I made my own mod that removes highlighting but I never made install file. I removed highlighting because it doesn't work with my language.
joeydee wrote: Where do you see the highlight function in my code?
http://www.pumatalk.com/forum/viewtoph.2-highlight-talk+sport.html it is not in your code it is in the URLs.

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:48 am

kulinar wrote:
joeydee wrote:
kulinar wrote:If you use the newer version try this:
In .htaccess FIND

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3
REPLACE WITH

Code: Select all

RewriteRule viewtoph.([0-9]*)-([a-zA-Z0-9]*)-([/:\-\+\%\'(){}&=_a-zA-Z0-9\ ]*)\.html viewtopic.php\?t=$1&$2=$3


Hey Kulinar,

Thanks for the help - I tried this one above and what happened was when I put in the new code you suggested after I logged into the forum, every link I press the page broke... So i switched back to my original HTACESS
That sounds strange to me because I use exactly the same HTACCESS and everithing is OK. Try applying changes again after placing your htaccess in forum directory.


Kulinar,

Thank you so very much for your help - you are a true phpbb friend and been a GREAT help over the year and I really value your help!!! Thank you so much - it's been over 6 months this search thing has bothered me!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my best,
Joey Dee

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:03 am

Kulinar,

Looks like Im back again with a question good ol chap :)

Here's my situation - it's quite strange, I believe the mod had something to do with it (correct me if i am wrong though and if you know the answer to my issue please help me out, much appreciated).

I posted a topic here: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=505088 about a code I would like to add in my overall_header.tpl for it to be visible on every page on the forum.. however my issue is this - there only time I am not abel to view the ADS below my banner (header) is when i VIEW_TOPIC.php however when I do a POST I am able to view the ADS & Banner...

What do you think the problem is? Can we fix it - the code works well and I don't think its the .tpl I think its the View_Topic.php that is not allowing it to show in the view_topic.php for watever reason... please help me out.

my best,
-Joey Dee

kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Post by kulinar » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:30 am

You are right it is this mod's issue, but I don't know why this mod prevents javascript to show up. For example, if you place adsense code (which is also javascript) it shows up normaly. So I don't have a reasonable explainaition. I don't know how to help.

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:55 pm

kulinar wrote: So I don't have a reasonable explainaition. I don't know how to help.

Hey Kulinar,

Thanks for the reply - what if I copy paste the code in here for you and paste you the viewtopic/forum.php file - i mean any kind of help would be great really.

The javascript ads show when you are on the main page, when you are posting a reply but will not show when you are just in a viewing forum topics and when you are reading a topic. So please if you can help out in any kind of way really because I'm not well educated with this programming.

my best,
-Joey Dee

kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Post by kulinar » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:56 pm

No need to paste the code here I checked the source of your site. Will think about what can be done.

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Tue Jan 30, 2007 3:01 pm

kulinar,

Any luck yet trying to find out what can be preventing to show the javascript? I think it has to do something with the mod but Im not sure where to edit to allow the java to show in my header.

appreciate your help mate.
-JOey

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:36 pm

kulinar wrote: You are right it is this mod's issue, but I don't know why this mod prevents javascript to show up. For example, if you place adsense code (which is also javascript) it shows up normaly.

Hey mate,

I just tried to paste the google adsense javascript in there and it only displayed on the front page of the forum however when you are in viewtopics or viewforum it does not display. So it's not workin - let me know when you have figured out the issue please.

my best & appreciate your kind help,
-Joey

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Post by joeydee » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Dude,

Please if you can look at the code and see why its not letting me to view the google javascript... There has to be something preventing viewing java or anything really for ViewTopic & ViewPost

please let me know,
-Joey

joeydee
Registered User
Posts: 292
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:05 am

Re: [BETA] GoogleBB Link Enhancement 1.2.1

Post by joeydee » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:25 am

Kulinar,

I sent you an email a couple days ago and im guessing you read it also I hope you checked his post here... I really would appreciate your help with this... the GoogleBB Link Enhancement is great but will not let me show any adsense in the VitewTopic... Im hoping you can investigate this and find a solution please.

-Joey

kulinar
Registered User
Posts: 651
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:31 pm
Contact:

Re: [BETA] GoogleBB Link Enhancement 1.2.1

Post by kulinar » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:22 am

Sorry, I don't know how to help. I don't have problems wit JavaScript and this mod. You better ask the one who made your template.

Post Reply

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”