Page 2 of 2

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:17 am
by mad-manne
I am still waiting for some feedback of anyone who uses this :?

So if you are one of those using it ... let me know!
Would be pretty nice, if you'd PM me with a link to the board where you use it ...

Thanks,
Manfred.

Posted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 6:50 pm
by Chaos1313
Definitely an original MOD. I'll be sure to install it on my forums sometime :D

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:57 pm
by mad-manne
Hey there,
has anyone of you who have been involved so far, ever installed this into his board?
:idea: As there have not been any error-reports, I can only guess that it is either bug-free or noone gave it a try so far :?

Would like to submit to the MODs-DB soon, so any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Manfred.

Posted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:55 pm
by yexusbeliever
mad-manne wrote: Hey there,
has anyone of you who have been involved so far, ever installed this into his board?
:idea: As there have not been any error-reports, I can only guess that it is either bug-free or noone gave it a try so far :?

Would like to submit to the MODs-DB soon, so any feedback is welcome.

Cheers,
Manfred.


This is an excellent mod! I did look for a mod like this last year, and there is none. Now here it is!! Glad you made one. Thank you. And do get this mod release!

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 9:28 am
by mad-manne
I am still pretty busy with my big MOD, but as soon as I find some spare-time I want to finish this one and submit it to the MODs-DB.

So I'm still waiting for feedback, URLs of boards using this and maybe additional feature-requests?!

[EDIT]
If you want to let me know of your board using this, then send me the URL via PM instead of posting it in here, because that will more likely comply with the board's rules.
[/EDIT]

Let me know,
Manfred.

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 11:44 pm
by snafumaster
mad-manne wrote: ... so nobody is interested in this ?? 8O
mad-manne wrote: Now let's see, if this gets some attention :?:
Cheers, Manfred.

Boy I think this is one great idea. I can't believe there isn't many people jumping at this. If I had seen this one before, I'd surely be giving it a try. I'm going to install this on one of my dev boards. I think this MOD may be a "victim" of phpbb.com's success. So many MODs and posts that good ideas sometimes never get the light.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:22 pm
by mad-manne
snafumaster wrote: Boy I think this is one great idea.
Glad to hear, you like it :P
I'll let you know how it goes.
Yes ... just post your comments in this topic :wink:

Cheers,
Manfred.

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:28 pm
by snafumaster
Installed like a charm. Works Perfectly as you described.

The site I tried it on is kinda old, and it has a fair amount of MODs installed. Also, I've made a few changes to the overall_header.tpl files by adding a new button for my portal and I changed the :: to a ~*~ for the title so when I took a gander at the install file first and quickly noticed that I would not be able to use EZ-MOD. But for sure it would have gone through without a hitch in EZ-MOD had I not made those changes before hand.

I played around a little and love it. I used an image in place of the title...worked well. I think this will be even better when every browser is onboard with .png files. I'm using IE7, so not a problem for me 8)

I made the description 18pt font with a color, italic and bold. The other stuff is less noticeable...just changed the words so that i could see the changes.

I'm going to leave it as is so you can check it out. I am working on that sites replacement, so no harm in leaving it like that for you.

Nice job!

btw, you got pm.
anyone else wants to check it out, see my www button.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:41 am
by mad-manne
snafumaster wrote: But for sure it would have gone through without a hitch in EZ-MOD had I not made those changes before hand.
EZ-MOD = EasyMOD-Installer ?
Well yes .. I do plenty of testing and try to find the best FIND-Statements possible, to make it easy to install with and without EasyMOD. But there's always exceptions to the rule you can't cover :roll:

Glad you like it.
Manfred.

Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:26 pm
by snafumaster
mad-manne wrote:
snafumaster wrote:But for sure it would have gone through without a hitch in EZ-MOD had I not made those changes before hand.
EZ-MOD = EasyMOD-Installer ?
Well yes .. I do plenty of testing and try to find the best FIND-Statements possible, to make it easy to install with and without EasyMOD. But there's always exceptions to the rule you can't cover :roll:

Glad you like it.
Manfred.
Sure, there is no way to make it to be able to install it with ez-mod on every board. Your find-statements were just fine. I always look through first to see if it's going to be possible. Frankly I like doing the edits manually. But EZ-Mod can be a sweet thing. I just wanted to give the full report. :D