[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Locked
neverbroken
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: massachusetts
Contact:

Post by neverbroken » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:06 pm

one last issue for me, i hope

i noticed that the calendar doesnt automatically change when the month changes? is that just on my forum, or is that in general.. and is there a way to fix it?

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:24 pm

Thank you very much, Hyperion.
FWIW I am having the same slash problem as stated above. Also, the months problem (still showing January).

Furthermore, I have made my own template which is a rehash of OrangeBlue, and I noticed that the changes I made (header image etc) is only reflected in weblog.php and that all other files get their css from a combination of user-defined css and weblog_header.tpl. Do you think it is possible to somehow move all the costumization to the user interface, so that changes to the appearance will be reflected accros the entire log and not just weblog.php....?

natelivingston
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contact:

Post by natelivingston » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:17 pm

I really appreciate your help Hyperion, but I still can't get it to work. I hate to come off like a complete moron and take up more of your time than I deserve so I think I'm just going to uninstall my phpbb and Blog Mod and reinstall everything.

Question. After I install the phpbb and get it working, I download the Blog Mod (still zipped) on my desktop and prepare to upload it to my file manager. Which folder should I place the unzipped folder into before unzipping? (I sure hope that question makes sense.) Say the phpbb is in a folder marked forum and in that folder are folder are admin, cache, db, docs, images, includes, language, and templates. What's next?

Update: Should I have two "includes" folders?

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:30 pm

Nate,
open the unzipped folder. Take a look at the contents. Everything in the admin folder goes into /forum/admin/ and vice versa for the other files. folder "weblogs" does not exist in a basic install of phpbb, so when you see a folder in the unzipped file that is not on your server it means "upload the entire folder". So now you may have for instance /forum/templates/ and /forum/weblogs/ All the php files in the unzipped folder that are not in subfolders, such as admin or includes go straight into /forum/ That means that with a succesful upload you should have for instance /forum/weblogs.php. When you see people talk about their forum root folder then this is what they are talking about. (other files you will see in your forum root folder include index.php, viewforum.php etc etc).

Hope this all makes sense.

Sincerely,
Joe

natelivingston
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contact:

Post by natelivingston » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:28 am

Joe Belmaati wrote: Nate,
open the unzipped folder. Take a look at the contents. Everything in the admin folder goes into /forum/admin/ and vice versa for the other files. folder "weblogs" does not exist in a basic install of phpbb, so when you see a folder in the unzipped file that is not on your server it means "upload the entire folder". So now you may have for instance /forum/templates/ and /forum/weblogs/ All the php files in the unzipped folder that are not in subfolders, such as admin or includes go straight into /forum/ That means that with a succesful upload you should have for instance /forum/weblogs.php. When you see people talk about their forum root folder then this is what they are talking about. (other files you will see in your forum root folder include index.php, viewforum.php etc etc).

Hope this all makes sense.

Sincerely,
Joe


Totally deleted the Blog Mod and my phpbb forum. Then followed Joe's instructions. But, once I go to administration panel, go down to Blog admin, and click on Action choices, Configuration, Mood choices, Templates, or Weblog tools I get the same message.
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'unitecin_phpbb1.WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 60
File : /home/unitecin/public_html/comments/includes/weblogs_common.php


:x :x :x :x :x

Let me note that I haven't unzipped two folders in my reinstalling -- the orangeBlue and ljDigitalMultiplex. I don't know if that matters.

natelivingston
Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:12 pm
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Contact:

Post by natelivingston » Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:38 am

hyperion wrote: Make sure you made the changes carefully. This error shouldn't appear if you made the changes to includes/constants.php. Check those changes and try again.

I'm rereading your instructions. What changes am I supposed to make to includes/constants.php?

chadsmith
Registered User
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Jul 13, 2002 4:54 pm
Location: 67212
Contact:

Post by chadsmith » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:32 am

neverbroken wrote: one last issue for me, i hope

i noticed that the calendar doesnt automatically change when the month changes? is that just on my forum, or is that in general.. and is there a way to fix it?
Joe Belmaati wrote: Also, the months problem (still showing January).


This can be fixed as follows:

Open weblog.php...

FIND:

Code: Select all

	if ( !$day )
	{
		$day = 1;
	}

	if ( !$month )
	{
		$month = 1;
	}

	if ( !$year )
	{
		$year = create_date("Y", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}
REPLACE WITH:

Code: Select all

	if ( !$day )
	{
		$day = create_date("d", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}

	if ( !$month )
	{
		$month = create_date("m", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}

	if ( !$year )
	{
		$year = create_date("Y", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}
Probably the toughest time in anyone's life is when you have to murder a loved one because they're the devil.

neverbroken
Registered User
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2003 7:07 pm
Location: massachusetts
Contact:

Post by neverbroken » Wed Feb 02, 2005 2:49 am

ah ha.. thank you very much ;)

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:51 am

Thanks Chad - perfect :D

Joe Belmaati
Registered User
Posts: 2110
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:35 pm
Location: Denmark

Post by Joe Belmaati » Wed Feb 02, 2005 8:57 am

natelivingston wrote:
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'unitecin_phpbb1.WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 60
File : /home/unitecin/public_html/comments/includes/weblogs_common.php


:x :x :x :x :x

Let me note that I haven't unzipped two folders in my reinstalling -- the orangeBlue and ljDigitalMultiplex. I don't know if that matters.


Aha, table doesn't exist. Did you run the db update as per the instructions?

Changes to includes constants = line 550 of the install instructions.

Your unzipped templates = line 38 of the install instructions.

Good luck.

strngr12
Registered User
Posts: 158
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:11 am
Contact:

Post by strngr12 » Wed Feb 02, 2005 4:52 pm

An error:


CharismaticJinx: oh Ren, when we edit our blog entry, after hitting submit, we get an "invisible" error message.
CharismaticJinx: ok not "we", but I
CharismaticJinx:
Renfield: Hmmm
Renfield: Can you cut and paste it for me?
CharismaticJinx: There´s nothing in the error box. It says "Information" then a blank


Nothing critical, but I thought I'd post it.

hyperion
Registered User
Posts: 268
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 7:13 pm

Post by hyperion » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:04 pm

Joe Belmaati wrote: Thank you very much, Hyperion.
FWIW I am having the same slash problem as stated above. Also, the months problem (still showing January).

Furthermore, I have made my own template which is a rehash of OrangeBlue, and I noticed that the changes I made (header image etc) is only reflected in weblog.php and that all other files get their css from a combination of user-defined css and weblog_header.tpl. Do you think it is possible to somehow move all the costumization to the user interface, so that changes to the appearance will be reflected accros the entire log and not just weblog.php....?


simpleGray is a fully customizable template, and so changes in the user defined css are reflected on all of the weblog pages. orangeBlue is only partially customizable, but some changes (user defined css only) should be reflected on the rest of the pages.
chadsmith wrote:
neverbroken wrote:one last issue for me, i hope

i noticed that the calendar doesnt automatically change when the month changes? is that just on my forum, or is that in general.. and is there a way to fix it?
Joe Belmaati wrote: Also, the months problem (still showing January).


This can be fixed as follows:

Open weblog.php...

FIND:

Code: Select all

	if ( !$day )
	{
		$day = 1;
	}

	if ( !$month )
	{
		$month = 1;
	}

	if ( !$year )
	{
		$year = create_date("Y", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}
REPLACE WITH:

Code: Select all

	if ( !$day )
	{
		$day = create_date("d", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}

	if ( !$month )
	{
		$month = create_date("m", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}

	if ( !$year )
	{
		$year = create_date("Y", time(), $board_config['board_timezone']);
	}


I produced a fix for that already. It's because I forgot to adjust the time based on timezone when fetching from the database.

They can be found on my demo site

strng12: I'm fixing that for the next version ;-)
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

tHe LiNk
Registered User
Posts: 158
Joined: Sat Jan 11, 2003 3:26 am
Contact:

Post by tHe LiNk » Fri Feb 04, 2005 7:32 am

http://virtuallycreated.com/forum/weblogs.php

^^ My weblogs index isn't displaying any entries. There are currently 2 blogs on the forum, but its not showing either.

EDIT: Seems $total_weblogs was returning a 0 for some reason, even though there are weblogs on the forum. I've had to remove:

Code: Select all

if ( $total_weblogs == 0 )
{
	message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, $lang['No_weblogs']);
}
It doesnt bother me not having this code in here as im always going to have one or more blogs on the forum.

Mothieu
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:25 pm
Location: Belgium - W-Vl
Contact:

Post by Mothieu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 3:06 pm

Did some1 already made a Dutch translation of the language-files? Really need them, but have not the time for it.
Can pleaz some1 make a good dutch translation pleaz? thx!!
1vs1 Games Ranking MOD:
Download (Beta): http://www.onsbende.be/demo/
Development: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=262175

temp down, remaking it, patience pleaz.

Mothieu
Registered User
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 12:25 pm
Location: Belgium - W-Vl
Contact:

Post by Mothieu » Fri Feb 04, 2005 9:07 pm

i made a blog on my board, with my admin-account, no problems,
but when i logged in with my test-account, i first was not able to make a personal weblog for 'test', after well logging out, and reopening IE, logging in with 'test', thên it made a new weblog (before it act like test was my other account, as i was 'test', i could change the settings of the weblog i made with my admin-account...)
anyway, when i go with my test-account to its weblog, and i click on 'post new entry', it gives me following error:

Code: Select all

You are not allowed to post a new entry in this Blog.
????
1vs1 Games Ranking MOD:
Download (Beta): http://www.onsbende.be/demo/
Development: http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=262175

temp down, remaking it, patience pleaz.

Locked

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”