[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Indirection

Help, keep getting this error

Post by Indirection » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:28 pm

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1146 Table 'db114879617.WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE' doesn't exist

SELECT * FROM WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE

Line : 60
File : /homepages/15/d98005308/htdocs/TELB 842/includes/weblogs_common.php

How do I do this: If you get the error "Table WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE doesn't exist" or something similar, ensure that you made the changes to constants.php correctly. "WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE" is a constant referring to the actual table, plus your forum prefix.

if my forum prefix is freebb_ how do i make change to constants.php ?
Last edited by Indirection on Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

dakar

Post by dakar » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:23 am

Seeing the / slashes here as well... the only punctation mark they appear to proceed is the '
ie... Angel/'s

The odd part is they only show up in the initial entry, but even then it seems intermitant. However if you go back and edit the entry it seems you can edit them out of the post.

Merri

Re: Help, keep getting this error

Post by Merri » Sat Feb 05, 2005 1:53 am

Indirection wrote: How do I do this: If you get the error "Table WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE doesn't exist" or something similar, ensure that you made the changes to constants.php correctly. "WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE" is a constant referring to the actual table, plus your forum prefix.

if my forum prefix is freebb_ how do i make change to constants.php ?

You're having a common typing mistake there. You're having something like:

Code: Select all

$sql = 'SELECT stuff FROM WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE';
When you should have:

Code: Select all

$sql = 'SELECT stuff FROM ' . WEBLOG_CONFIG_TABLE;
Hope that nails it.

kdaddy

Post by kdaddy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:24 am

dakar wrote: Seeing the / slashes here as well... the only punctation mark they appear to proceed is the '
ie... Angel/'s

The odd part is they only show up in the initial entry, but even then it seems intermitant. However if you go back and edit the entry it seems you can edit them out of the post.

Go to the following link to fix the slash problem Here

Second post down.

Cross_+_Flame

Post by Cross_+_Flame » Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:31 am

2.0.11 Installation on a heavily modded board with PCP, and it installed perfectly. The Trackbacks are not working (gives the same error given on the previous page), but overall looks excellent. I'm working at editing SimpleGrey around and adding the page_header/page_tail to have it better integrate into the entire board. Looks easy enough :D

:D:D:D Excellent work! :D:D:D

And incidentally:
hyperion wrote: This part is changed by the PCP (Profile Control Panel) mod. Basically, all it does is add a "weblog" icon in viewtopic.php. It's not really essentially but if I remember correctly, someone made a solution and posted it in the first 10 pages.

Here's that post by MrDSL that works well on my board.

dakar

Post by dakar » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:33 am

thanks, kdaddy I never thought to check Hyperion's board for answers.

kdaddy

Post by kdaddy » Sat Feb 05, 2005 3:42 am

dakar wrote: thanks, kdaddy I never thought to check Hyperion's board for answers.

No problem glad I could assist.

cyber5000

Post by cyber5000 » Sat Feb 05, 2005 5:34 pm

Hello,

first: Great MOD! Thanks hyperion

my server have problems to show "ljDigitalMultiplex" correctly.

The correct Text is :

Diät Abnehmen - Naschkatzen Foren Übersicht -> Tagebücher

what is with the umlauts?
How can i clear the Problem?
The Problem only with "ljDigitalMultiplex".

thanks

cyber5000

hyperion

Post by hyperion » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:27 pm

tHe LiNk: That's a really strange problem, i guess for now your solution is alright.

Mothieu: Perhaps it wasn't installed properly? Or maybe your browser may be caching the files more often than it should be doing (and hence leaving links there when they shouldn't be there).

Indirection: This is a common problem. It's because you didn't make the changes to includes/constants.php properly. Make sure you did them right, and this erro should go away.

cyber5000: Try changing the character encoding at the top of all the weblog templates files (edit the weblog_header.htm) so that it matches your normal character encoding.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

dakar

Post by dakar » Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:37 pm

Question about using the Trackbacks.... The whole blog scene itself is somewhat new to me, but I think I have them sorted out right.

Maybe this is less of a question than a suggestion.

I can post an entry on the blogs on my phpBB, with a trackback to another blog (wordpress) it works just fine, the comment appears there as it should. However it does not seem to be working in the reverse, I'm guessing this is because I have it set in the ACP so that only registered members can post a comment (trying to avoid the comment spammers), is there an easy way that inbound trackbacks can notify the blog owner and allow them the option of approving the comment to be posted if it's from another blog external to the board's?

I think this makes sense...

tHe LiNk

Post by tHe LiNk » Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:22 am

hyperion wrote: tHe LiNk: That's a really strange problem, i guess for now your solution is alright.

I removed my altered code about a day after the mod was up and it worked somehow. I havn't seen the code, but from my members general opinion, it takes about 24 hours for their blog to show up after its been created.

thequietone

Post by thequietone » Mon Feb 14, 2005 8:18 am

Is there any way to make it so that the address for the user's blog uses their username instead of user number???

hyperion

Post by hyperion » Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:59 am

dakar wrote: Question about using the Trackbacks.... The whole blog scene itself is somewhat new to me, but I think I have them sorted out right.

Maybe this is less of a question than a suggestion.

I can post an entry on the blogs on my phpBB, with a trackback to another blog (wordpress) it works just fine, the comment appears there as it should. However it does not seem to be working in the reverse, I'm guessing this is because I have it set in the ACP so that only registered members can post a comment (trying to avoid the comment spammers), is there an easy way that inbound trackbacks can notify the blog owner and allow them the option of approving the comment to be posted if it's from another blog external to the board's?

I think this makes sense...

I'm fixing it for 0.2.1 which will come out soon.

tHe LiNk: There's a bug when posting that causes the time to be shifted when it shouldn't be. Check out the "Fixes for Version 0.2.0" on my demo board for code changes that you can apply yourself.

thequietone: There will be an option eventually. Many people have requested it so I'll see what I can do.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

shirleycaat

Post by shirleycaat » Wed Feb 16, 2005 6:05 am

How can I make it so that Admin (NOT moderators) of the board has access to user's blog even if they set the admission to "private"?

thequietone

Post by thequietone » Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:30 am

Cool!

Also, the idea of admins reading everything defeats the purpose of privacy. Anyway, if you have access enough to mod your phpbb, you have sql access, you could use that.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”