[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Homeskillet

Post by Homeskillet » Sun Apr 03, 2005 5:01 am

*edit*

nevermind, I figured it out. Thanks :D
Last edited by Homeskillet on Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:49 pm

What's happening to bugfix release which was supposed to be 0.2.1?
Did I lost something?

elffinarts

so it's there but it's not visible externally

Post by elffinarts » Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:03 pm

so the blog's there but it's not visible externally, and the file upload refused to work....

I can see my blog if I click on My Blog but clicking on Blogs from the main phpbb forum gives this error
Information
No Blogs have been created. Please wait for one to be created or create one yourself.

so that's odd since I have three blogs uploaded already. O.o
and I've no idea why the image upload provides me with no error statements but also shows no images.
the files are definitely uploading just fine... thats easily checked through FTP... but what do i need to edit for the files to display?

I am not sure if this is the CHMOD issue I read about a few times in the last 42 or so pages... I'm new to this and its my first modding foray.

hallipa

Post by hallipa » Mon Apr 04, 2005 6:11 am

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone found a way to integrate the buddy list into the blog mod. I mean the friends from a user's contact list mod to be added automatically as friends for weblogs.

Or has anyone any suggestions on how to achieve this by hacking the script? I looked for a while, but I couldn't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
hallipa

elffinarts

Post by elffinarts » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:46 pm

ignore my previous post.... I dont know what changed.. but it suddenly seems to be working... *shakes head*

except for file uploads.. but I suspect thats just the chmod changes required....
Mark Greenmantle
www.elffinarts.com
Photography and Design

kdaddy

Post by kdaddy » Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:13 pm

elffinarts wrote: ignore my previous post.... I dont know what changed.. but it suddenly seems to be working... *shakes head*

except for file uploads.. but I suspect thats just the chmod changes required....

There is a time problem with the initial release the fixes for it are in this area here

ocdsb

Post by ocdsb » Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:57 pm

excellent work! this mod rocks!

but i have 1 question:
where can i find some templates for the blogs by this mod?

and if non can be found i guess i'll have to make one.
online discussion community for teens: Our Generation Forum : www.our-generation.ca

proudly canadian

Owner and Founder of Our Generation Computing :: http://www.ourgeneration.tz4.com

kdaddy

Post by kdaddy » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:22 am

ocdsb wrote: excellent work! this mod rocks!

but i have 1 question:
where can i find some templates for the blogs by this mod?

and if non can be found i guess i'll have to make one.

You can find multiple blog templates HERE.

vrflyer

Post by vrflyer » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:19 pm

Awesome work!

Will be installing soon for our members! 8)
Always Under Construction !

thehuff77

Post by thehuff77 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:48 pm

I just installed the mod, and the following i sthe error I get when going to my forum:

Could not query weblogs information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1054 Unknown column 'w.weblog_id' in 'where clause'

SELECT w.*, u.*, e.* FROM phpbb_users u, phpbb_weblogs w LEFT JOIN phpbb_weblog_entries e ON e.weblog_id = w.weblog_id WHERE u.user_weblog = w.weblog_id AND w.deleted = 0 AND e.entry_deleted = 0 AND e.entry_time < 1112898863 ORDER BY e.entry_time DESC

Line : 736
File : functions_weblog.php

Any suggestions?

hyperion

Post by hyperion » Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:28 am

TheHuff, it looks like you didn't make any SQL changes at all. Upload and run db_update.php

Yep, that's right, the 0.2.1 version is finally here.

There are some nice enhancements added to the mod as well as all the bug fixes for 0.2.0 of course.

The template system has changed, rather significantly. Version 0.2.0 templates will NOT work with version 0.2.1 by default. You should make sure that all the templates used contain these files, even if they don't match the theme (designers take note of the new files):
  • weblog_confirm_body.htm
  • weblog_message_body.htm

Some of the new features include
  • weblog.php?u=(username) - Great for those using mod_rewrite under Apache! Should also work with some special characters if the browser converts them automatically
  • [cut] code added - seperate lengthy posts. Use [cut]Link Text[/cut] to put a link at that point in your entry. All the text below that point will only appear in weblog_entry.php :-)
  • Icons Replace Text - Nice looking icons now replace the hardcoded text. Template designers can now use template variables usch as {U_EDIT} for the link to edit an entry.
  • Error/Information with Template - Error and Informational messages now appear with the same look as the rest of the weblog.
As before, replace your current files with the ones in the zip and follow the instructions in "upgrade_021.txt" (non-critical changes).
Download

(On a side note, I won't be available for around 2 weeks, due to exams and such)
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

Homeskillet

Post by Homeskillet » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:33 pm

I don't want it to even be an option that guests can view or post to blogs...ONLY registered members. I know members can do this per blog and per entry, but how can I make it so that it's not even an option for anyone?

pengrus

Post by pengrus » Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:49 am

I am very interested in this mod. Does anyone know what is the largest site with this mod? How is the speed performance?

I have about 7000 members now.

phpbb.it

Post by phpbb.it » Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:51 pm

phpBB.it

Language_Italian

Good MOD

ImFeelingItDawg

Post by ImFeelingItDawg » Mon Apr 18, 2005 8:33 pm

Great MOD!!! Just got it installed and playing around to see what I can do. Very impressive so far.

Just have one question. I can't get the recent blogs to show up on the index page for some reason. I can see the cell where it should be at the bottom in who is online but it is blank. I have double and triple checked the index.php changes and it is all there. Has anyone else had a problem getting that to work? I think that would be huge to be able to know when something was added.

Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”