[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo »

I have a Suggestion. Since their will be an upgrade assuming that the project is picked up by members of the board who want this project to grow, I have both media pizza and Google adsense and I thought it might be cool to be able to set it up so that you can add them to your personal blog mod through the CP.
TehMagilla

Post by TehMagilla »

hardworking wrote: I ask your permission to copy this link to blogpoint download for everyone.

Let me know.
8)
TehMagilla wrote:For reasons unknown, Hyperions demo / dev forums are currently down. In the meantime, the following sites have kindly donated serverspace and bandwidth to the cause. Please have a quick look at the side you download from to show your support!

Also, we who know a little about the BlogMOD will continue to attempt to provide basic support in this thread until such time as the official site is back online.

DOWNLOAD (seport.net)

DOWNLOAD (DERP Fantasy Gaming)

DOWNLOAD (Clan Omni Portal and forums)

DOWNLOAD (Focus Developments)

DOWNLOAD (kulturellt.se)

DOWNLOAD (Direct Link [thanks to dcz])

Also, Blogpoint has set up forums for The Blog MOD! They are at www.blogpoint.com so check them out!

Warning: I cannot personally vouch for the contents of the files at any of the mirrors listed here, but my own (seport). It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to virus-scan the file before you open it, so please do!

Lets hope he's back soon...

If people go looking for the downloads, please quote THIS POST to save yourself some typing :D

I don't have a problem with that, but issues may arise should I have to update the links in the future...
'====
//`
-Magilla
PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

I have tried to read back several pages, but found nothing that answers the question of what has happened to Hyperion.

Is there anyone who has an update on him? Not just his MOD, but does anyone know if he is doing okay?
medianexus

Post by medianexus »

yeah, does anyone know anything about hyperion? it's a great mod, some of my users, who are hardcore bloggers, love it... hope its creator is doing well.
dcz

Post by dcz »

Hi everybody,
I started a new thread concerning us all. The goal is to save this thread and hyperions superb blog mod.

We all noticed it is been a long time we did not see him, I tryed to write him mails with no results. So it is obvious that we need to do something in order for this great addition not to collapse.
And we need some moderator action here, as the best place to continue it is here at phpbb.com, but it is impossible if some new project leader (or co leader with hyperion) isn't designated in order to edit the first post so that the mod could continue it's dev life.

The purpose of my action is not to take other hyperion's mod, as I just could not pretend to code as well as he did, but I think it is just to bad to let this mod die!

So if you think something needs to be done here, just go post here : http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=333436

++

dcz

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
ctcentralinfo

Post by ctcentralinfo »

From what I understand hardworking is taking over the project.
hardworking

Post by hardworking »

I agree that we have to do something to keep this blog mod alive.

With series of email with hyperion, no response as of this date. I just hope he is ok.

So I guess it is safe to begin reviewing tasks that we need to accomplish.

Well go ahead and move this discussion to the link provided above.

:D
Project Manager, The Blog Mod
TheBlogMod.com Open Source = Free of Speech | Blogs for Everyone.
XV.NET - Lawyer/Attorney Directory.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

i would like to know what the Mod Team thinks about that, as i would like to join the debate/modding..
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
dcz

Post by dcz »

3Di wrote: i would like to know what the Mod Team thinks about that, as i would like to join the debate/modding..

That the all what I wanted to start while posting this http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=333436

To organize a little the folowwing, if necessary, of this mod, and I think this should be discussed here with some moderators.

I am not saying this because of hardworking, I would be very happy if he'd take over the project, but I think this mod is way to advanced to stop being developped here, in order for things to be standard and hyperion's work respected.
As he deicide to post here, I think his effort to share with the phpbb community should be continued. And I am sure that no place could be better for this mod than here, as for being viewed and shared or developped faster with everybody's contribution put together.

If not, the risk would be to se a lot of different more or less final version come up everywhere.

++

phpBB SEO || phpBB3 SEO Premod || SEO phpBB3
GYM Sitemaps & RSS for phpBB3: GYM Sitemaps & RSS
hardworking

Post by hardworking »

No problem.
Project Manager, The Blog Mod
TheBlogMod.com Open Source = Free of Speech | Blogs for Everyone.
XV.NET - Lawyer/Attorney Directory.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

i can support all of this with bandwidth, my modest knowledge and such but first i want to read something about that by the Mod Team, you know..
To request support for our extensions you can also contact me here: phpBB Studio

Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you! 🚀
markus_petrux
Former Team Member

Post by markus_petrux »

@hyperion: I'm locking this thread as it seems you can't continue its development. Please PM any of the MOD Team members if you wish this thread to be unlocked.

@all: I haven't had the oportunity to discuss this with other MOD Team members, but seeing there's concern about this MOD being continued here, which IMHO is a good thing :) ...I decided to lock the topic for now, as it may confuse others (read the MOD users) having the same discussion on two different places.

Please, keep the discussion focussed on this thread:
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=333436

As a personal note, I believe if someone is wishing to take over the MOD, it would be ok to open a new Dev thread here... but please, wait to see what else the MOD Team can add here. Thanks for your understanding. ;)
EasyMOD Standards | MOD Template Actions | MODs in Development Rules
Useful information for MOD Authors | MOD Queue Stats | Search MODs
Write SQL/DDL portable to all SQL servers supported by phpBB!
Get EasyMOD 0.3.0! | Suport al phpBB en Català!
8)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”