[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
kaisuny

Post by kaisuny »

You bring a real Blog to phpBB or to the world , an outstanding contribution to phpBB. :)

bfulbright

Post by bfulbright »

Hi,

guess I didn't read close enough. I loaded weblog_db_update into the root directory of phpbb... and it loaded fine.

Sorry for the oversight. :oops: :oops:

I will just put in the mods to the 9 files manually....as directed in forum_weblogs_040.txt

I just wanted to understand the upload and implementation of mod files.

I believe I finally got it.

thanks.

nadir

Post by nadir »

hyperion

i've been a fan of your weblog for a while now..... i have alot of users using your weblog for the past 4 months.

With the one you are going to release (looks AWESOME), it is just going to be an "upgrade" to the weblogs, right? Just wondering if ppl hav to start from scratch again.

_FoNzI_

Post by _FoNzI_ »

I have installed the Blog Mod and everything looks ok except that when I go to add an entry to my blog I just get a blank screen after hitting submit and the entry does not get saved. Any ideas?

[I think I just realized that the one I installed is the old one...is that true?]

If so then don't worry about this error and I'll just uninstall it and wait for the new one to come around.

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

nadir: It's gonna have both a full install and a upgrade as well. You'll be able to upgrade from the old mod using an upgrade script that I'll make.

_FoNzI_: Yea, that's the old mod you have installed (the one title "Forum Weblogs Mod"). The new mod is "The Blog Mod".
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

Skinnypunk

Post by Skinnypunk »

Hey,

I installed the mod and I have 2 problems..

The first one is in the file includes/page.header.php
- You said to :
#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#
else if ( $row['user_level'] == MOD )

#
#-----[ BEFORE, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#
else if ( $row['user_weblog'] != 0 )
{
$row['username'] = '<b>' . $row['username'] . '</b>';
$style_color = 'style="color:#' . $theme['fontcolor1'] . '"';
}

. But I was unable to find that piece of coding.

I continued the insallation without adding that code. Is that a big deal or maybe you can help me add it where it belongs.

The other problem I have is that In the overall header the words are repated twice. www.skinnypunkass.com/forums you can see what I am talking about.

thank you very much for this mod and for your time :)

dayo

Post by dayo »

Skinnypunk: i had the same question 3 posts before but hyperion solved the mystery.
dayo: You don't have to follow that instruction in order to have weblog functionality. Your page_header.php is *heavily* modified. One of the mods you have removed or replaced that line of text

Skinnypunk

Post by Skinnypunk »

Also when a user clicks the Blog link in the overal header it says " There are no Blogs. Please wait for someone to make a Blog or create one yourself. " But I do have users who have already created one.

Skinnypunk

Post by Skinnypunk »

Skinnypunk wrote: Also when a user clicks the Blog link in the overal header it says " There are no Blogs. Please wait for someone to make a Blog or create one yourself. " But I do have users who have already created one.

nm I got it.. I had to create a Category :)

OTmaster
I've Been Banned!

Very nice

Post by OTmaster »

I like this mod a lot but there are a few changes i'd like to see:

The option for comments to pop up in new windows and look something like this: http://members.lycos.co.uk/truesouls/fo ... .php?id=15

And i'd like to see the overall header on there. I don't like all those links at the top and would prefer them in the profiles.

Good job so far!

jbo523

Post by jbo523 »

i've just installed the hyperion forum weblog mod on my site and it was working fine except for when i tried to change the weblog style to match the style of my site. I tried to simply cut and paste my overall_header and footer into the header/footer .cfg files. That didn't work, and now when i try to at least get the subSilver and simpleGray to work it wont. When in BlogCP, it doesn't list styles and when i click submit to create the blog i get this
"The Blog header file for this style is missing, so your Blog cannot be created at this time. Please contact your Board Administrator."
can anyone help?

Zugg

Post by Zugg »

Hi Hyperion,

Yep, Zugg from zMUD. If you want to see your previous Blog MOD in action, go to http://forums.zuggsoft.com/mx/index.php and then click the "Zugg's Blog" entry in the navigation menu on the left.

You'll see that I've got a wierd combo of phpBB within MX-portal. I don't have your Blog MOD integrated with MX-portal yet, but it still works pretty well.

The reason I wanted categories is that when I create my daily blog entries, they often have different focuses. I want to make it easier for someone who is only interested in particular topics to view my log entries on that topic.

For example, many of my log entries concern programming and software development. But sometimes I just want to talk about the latest video game I'm playing, or something like that. Having categories would allow me to easily separate these two completely different topics so that people can read what they are interested in.

I'm actually thinking of just modifying the existing MOD and making the "Currently" field into a category field. It should be easy to just query the database for entries with the same "Currently" value.

Anyway, there is a lot of potential here. Since I've made some minor tweaks and have the current MOD working extremely well (sans the categories), I'm not sure how much time I'll put into it for now. But once you get the new system ready for prime-time usage, I'll give it a try.

I sure wish I had more time to work on this kind of stuff. It's actually kind of fun and things like the Knowledge Base mod for MX-portal could use a lot of improvement. But it's hard taking away time from working on zMUD and other projects like eMobius to "play" with web-site stuff like this.

Alas, so many projects, so little time. Keep up the good work!

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Modifying the currently option seems like a good idea.

I was already planning to build a sort function so that viewers could view all entries with a particular mood or currently action.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

khmerboy

Post by khmerboy »

Hi,

I have installed this mod but I got two problem.
1. Sth wrong with the style but when I choose user choice (simple or advance) it allows me to add my blog.
2. Error when posting, error message is
SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ' 0, 0, 0, '3', 'test', '', '0')' at line 1

INSERT INTO phpbb_topics (topic_title, topic_poster, topic_time, forum_id, topic_status, topic_type, topic_vote, topic_currently1, topic_currently2, topic_mood, topic_auth) VALUES ('test', 2, 1097769339, , 0, 0, 0, '3', 'test', '', '0')

Line : 261
File : /mnt/hdb/home2/public_html/includes/functions_post.php

*** I have installed cash mod ***

Any help is really appreciated.

yonatan_ca

Blog Template: BOX is missing!!

Post by yonatan_ca »

all OK!!
but when i write hebrew i see gibrish!!
where can i set it to be just hebrew!?
Last edited by yonatan_ca on Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:42 am, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”