[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
dayo

Post by dayo »

Hyperion, everything is working fine with your weblogs except one detail. When i choose the entry to be invisible to the rest of users it is still visible to them. Can you help how to solve this problem?

thanks in advance,
kaisuny

Re: [DEV] The Blog Mod

Post by kaisuny »

[quote="hyperion"]The Blog Mod (old mod Forum Weblogs Mod)
(Features that still have yet to be done:
[*]File/Picture Attachment [0%][*]

How about using <a href=http://imgspot.com>Free upload image<a/> on the posting_body.tpl?

It thus save the hosting space and save the code.
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Guys, you should post about the forum weblogs mod in the forum weblogs mod topic, and not in the blog mod topic (they were seperated into two topics for a reason).

I need a more descriptive answer because I need to know whether or not you're referring to the Blog Mod, or the Forum Weblogs mod.

khmerboy: Email me (vinng86@hotmail.com) the files includes/functions_post.php and weblog_posting.php and I'll have a look at them. Last time I checked, the cash mod and the forum weblogs mod can coexist together.

dayo/yonatan_ca: Which mod are you referring to?!?

kaisuny: Pictures seriously don't take up a lot of web space. I'm including options in the ACP to limit the size, both in kilobytes and in the number of pixels wide/tall.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
beggers

Re: [DEV] The Blog Mod

Post by beggers »

kaisuny wrote:
hyperion wrote:The Blog Mod (old mod Forum Weblogs Mod)
(Features that still have yet to be done:
[*]File/Picture Attachment [0%][*]

How about using <a href=http://imgspot.com>Free upload image<a/> on the posting_body.tpl?

It thus save the hosting space and save the code.
The free image hosting services are way too flakey to be hardwire into a mod like this. In a moderately busy site users blow can right through their bandwidth allocations and you end up with a site full of red "x" or little "bandwidth exceeded" signs. Better to host the images yourself and avoid all this hassle.
beggers

Post by beggers »

hyperion wrote: Guys, you should post about the forum weblogs mod in the forum weblogs mod topic, and not in the blog mod topic (they were seperated into two topics for a reason).

I need a more descriptive answer because I need to know whether or not you're referring to the Blog Mod, or the Forum Weblogs mod.

khmerboy: Email me (vinng86@hotmail.com) the files includes/functions_post.php and weblog_posting.php and I'll have a look at them. Last time I checked, the cash mod and the forum weblogs mod can coexist together.

dayo/yonatan_ca: Which mod are you referring to?!?

kaisuny: Pictures seriously don't take up a lot of web space. I'm including options in the ACP to limit the size, both in kilobytes and in the number of pixels wide/tall.

I'd strongly urge you to kill off that old version because it really is getting confusing for us. Or at least stop allowing it to be downloaded, otherwise you'll have endless support questions, even when you're close to delivering a superior replacement.
_FoNzI_

Post by _FoNzI_ »

Wow, just took a look at the demo. This is coming along great. I can't wait for you to release this.
ru916b

error: There are no Blogs. Please wait ...

Post by ru916b »

Hyperion,

Thanks for this great mod. I installed it and everything seems going fine. I also configured from ACP to let user creat their own blog.

However, I always got above error saying " there are no blogs, pls .wait for some to create .....". I have already created a weblog category and even a sub forum but still without any luck.

There is no any other entry point user can create a web lob. An I missing something ?

Thanks in advance for you help and the excelent mod.
ru916b

it's working now

Post by ru916b »

After I create a weblog group, and add user into the group, now that user can create weblog now.

But I have already configured in admin ACP to all user create weblog, it seems this optino doesn't work.
bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

Last edited by bucky716 on Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

edit... figured this out also. lol
Last edited by bucky716 on Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

edit... just had to chmod the styles directory
Shof515

Post by Shof515 »

is there a way to make this mod workl with RSS feeding?
Whos missing up my sig?
eleanor

Post by eleanor »

Oh, baby, can't wait to get this one ready for download... 8)

eleanor
Best regards
Eleanor

------------
sorry for my bad english, i'm dutch....
hyperion

Post by hyperion »

beggers: Looks like I'll remove the download link.

ru916b: yea, that option doesn't work however if you have database access you can change one of the fields in the phpbb_weblogs_config table.

bucky716: Looks like you got it now :-p

Shof515: There has been an RSS feed on every weblog for a while now (it's also present in the old mod) ;-).
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)
bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

I thought I was installing this Blog mod, and then realized that's not going to be out for another month or so... i removed the forum weblog and can't wait for this one to come out!!!!!!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”