[ABD] The Blog Mod

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
cvele

Post by cvele »

waiting for final version

Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

Will/does this Blog have a fix for some of us who utilize the Cash MOD (per this post)? I understand it's two different MODs, but I want to make sure before I install.

-crosses fingers

bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

Any chance ya need any pre-release beta testing? :wink:

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

The Blog Mod needs no fix for the Cash MOD. It works independantly from the Cash MOD. I'll also eventually provide a small addon so that your users can gain points (or whatever currency) for each entry/reply.

It's already extensively tested as I code the mod, but of course, it needs to be tested on other systems so yeah I will release a beta before the final release.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

Selven

Post by Selven »

well i'm, interested in a bete release i want port this mod for mx-system and with a beta i can realize this port comtemporanelly with official release :)
No-more supporting phpBB

bucky716

Post by bucky716 »

Anxiously awaiting a beta release, a popular "journal" type site that a lot of my users use has gone down for a while, I'm hoping to capitalize on that. :wink:

Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

The Blog Mod needs no fix for the Cash MOD. It works independantly from the Cash MOD. I'll also eventually provide a small addon so that your users can gain points (or whatever currency) for each entry/reply.

Nice, thank you :!:

Once last question, will there be an option where we can restrict access by usergroup (i.e. Blogger Group)?

Sol_vp

Post by Sol_vp »

I know this topic is old (2003) but Im dying to try implement this with my forums. Where's the download for this?
http://www.vettephotography.com <- VP Website
http://www.vettephotograpy.com/forums <- VP Forums
Life is a picture - Take it!

aidesign

Post by aidesign »

Wow, this mod looks great! I can't wait for the release.

I have a question, will that photo attachment mod allow users to upload their own photos? Or can this be intergrated with the Smartor Album MOD (Like read the photos from the users Personal Gallery, so they dont have to uploaded all the photos over again)????

Also....

Can it make an auto sub-domain address for every user that creates a weblog, or atleast use a redirect? So if I installed this MOD on my site http://www.abstractinfluence.com and a member named: mark created a blog. It would redirect his blog to: http://mark.abstractinfluence.com.

Thanks in advanced!

P.S. Is this mod still due to be released this December?

hyperion

Post by hyperion »

Selven wrote: well i'm, interested in a bete release i want port this mod for mx-system and with a beta i can realize this port comtemporanelly with official release :-)

:P
Kalipo wrote: Once last question, will there be an option where we can restrict access by usergroup (i.e. Blogger Group)?

Do you mean restrict who can create a weblog? Unlike the previous mod, all users are automatically allowed to create a simple weblog. Administrators CAN ban users from creating a weblog if needed.

Perhaps I can create an option to restrict weblog creation to members of a specific usergroup.

Sol_vp: The old mod is from 2003, but this mod (the rewritten version of the old mod) is still under development (note the [DEV] in the topic title), and will have it's first BETA release in mid to late december.

aidesign: I'm writing my up own image uploading code to allow users to upload images to their weblog for entries. If you already have Smartor's Album Mod, you can use BBCode to link to the image in the gallery.
Last edited by hyperion on Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Blog Mod: ( Dev Topic | Demo )
The Blog Mod version 0.2.3 - Released May 18, 2005
Download

Forum Weblogs Mod: (discontinued)

Kalipo

Post by Kalipo »

hyperion wrote: Perhaps I can create an option to restrict weblog creation to members of a specific usergroup.

That would make it perfect. Thank you for considering it.

EB 22

Post by EB 22 »

Can't wait for this Blog Mod. It'll definitely be a big hit with all forum admins.

hayseed460

Post by hayseed460 »

Awsome! I am anxiously waiting for this to come out. Thanks for all your hard work!

Aristotle

Post by Aristotle »

hyperion wrote: Perhaps I can create an option to restrict weblog creation to members of a specific usergroup.

Being able to restrict blog creation to specific users and/or usergroups would really be a good feature (and I suspect it would be easy enough to implement compared to what you've already done). I know that the use I have planned for this mod would really need me to be able to restrict access to blog creation to specific usergroups.

The rest of the development sounds GREAT! I really hope you see this one through as this is a great mod, and will offer a great deal of functionality for all sorts of things. I plan to use mine to host "Story Hours" for role playing games.

PastorJoeMiller

Post by PastorJoeMiller »

Looking Great Hyperion! Are you still on track for the Mid-December release! I am very excited! :D

Meantime, just wanted to remind you of a long ago request to provide us with an uninstall code for the MySQL db updates to the old version. For those of us with limited MySQL knowledge, it sure would be most helpful in keeping our dbs a bit cleaner.

Thanks Hyperion for your excellent work! 8)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”