[BETA] Store Mod v0.7.8

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
thewizard

[BETA] Store Mod v0.7.8

Post by thewizard »

In the past some have come and others have failed and within two years time we were left with only one option. Zarath's Shop Mod. I commend Zarath for the work he has done on his Shop system however it has still left much wanted. Albiet functional, Zarath's refusal to comply with standards has left his mod unusable for some and impractical for others. This is about to change.

Current Version: 0.7.8

The features that are at 100% are included in the current version

Beta 1.0.0 Features
  • Advanced Restock Code [100%]
    You are able to set how you want your store to be restocked. The amount of stock you wish to replenish aswell as the time frame. With the advanced restock system you are able to set the time frame in a never before seen method. The system will allow the time to be set in seconds, minutes, or hours. Note: User Stores will not be restocked.
  • Users owned stores [50%]
    Users can own a store and stock it with items from their own inventories.
  • Multiple Items [100%]
    You can have the same item in various stores and each have their own unique price and stock.
  • Multiple Currency Support [100%]
    You can set which currency to use for your shop. You will need to Cash MOD for this to work.
  • Store API [100%]
    Allows for mod authors to easily create additions to the Store Mod by using it's API.
  • Admin Control Panel [10%]
  • Basic Store Functions [100%]
    Your basic Store functions eg: Buying/Selling of items
  • Give Items [100%]
    Select an item from your inventory to give to another member of the forum.
  • Trade Items [0%]
    Two members can initiate a trade where they both select an item(s) to trade and both parties must confirm the transaction before it takes place.
  • Find item & Price Comparison [100%]
    Users can select an item from a drop-down list and retrieve all the stores it is in aswell as a price comparison.
Known Bugs:
  • None known
Requirements

This MOD requires that you have the Cash MOD installed and working on your site.

Overall Completion of 1.0.0 78%

I will be needing some beta testers to help me out before I make the initial release.

This project was last updated on : 9-30-04
Last edited by thewizard on Tue Oct 05, 2004 6:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Zypher

Post by Zypher »

Hem... This is something I have never seen before... Ok I will try it out... Send me a copy and I will test it out for ya!
- Zypher

~Beware of the Darkness Within!~

Fully Loaded

adamkhan1

Post by adamkhan1 »

Would you be able to add some funconality to the products that people will buy? say i make a product named: Change Username, then according to the amount set for it the person will be able to change their username? Or maybe allow them to join certain Usergroups or increase their post count etc etc

cheers

Adam

thewizard

Post by thewizard »

Yes you can. When you create an item there is a field to tell if the item is usable or not. If it is usable just enter the name of the script that it is for eg: a change your username script.

testebr

Post by testebr »

Congratulations for the initiative, all mods of shop that they had been developed until forgive my sincerity, but all had been very bad or had been abandoned.

I will go to wait anxiously for the first versions :D

Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

I'd love to test it for you ;)

Nul.

adamkhan1

Post by adamkhan1 »

thewizard wrote: Yes you can. When you create an item there is a field to tell if the item is usable or not. If it is usable just enter the name of the script that it is for eg: a change your username script.

sorry for my n00biness but how exactly would i go about making/adding a change username script? is it included in the stanard phoBB istallation or do i have to download/make it from somewhere?

Thanks

Adam

cwcollector

Fake store?

Post by cwcollector »

Is this a fake store or is there a plan to implement paypal?

Mayan Obsidian

You beat me to it.

Post by Mayan Obsidian »

I myself was going to do a rewrite of Zarath's shop, but then you're going to do it. :)

So I'll just say that I'm willing to help with the beta testing.

8)
It's better to fail at doing something then to excel at doing nothing.

thewizard

Re: You beat me to it.

Post by thewizard »

Mayan Obsidian wrote: I myself was going to do a rewrite of Zarath's shop, but then you're going to do it. :)

So I'll just say that I'm willing to help with the beta testing.

8)

Please don't confuse this mod as a rewrite of Zarath's. This is a complelty new mod. The only thing that it and Zarath's have in common is the fact that they are both store style mods.

Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

You know what would really make your shop mod the best one out there? If you added an option in the ACP to add fields to items! So people could add things like 'Weight', 'Rarity', 'Durability', etc to their forum items without any knowledge of PHP or SQL. These things would display just beneath the item description (admin can change display order) :)

Oh, and please don't have each shop only use 1 currency, but instead enable people to pay with each currency available (shop will calculate price in desired currency by use of the cash_exchange table). :P

ik_wolverine6

Post by ik_wolverine6 »

I'm very interested in this, and I'm glad someone took it upon themself to come up with an alternative. I really do'nt like the store mods available. Could there also be feedback though ? If it's there and I've missed it terribly sorry.

Keep up the good work,
Rob

Nuladion

Post by Nuladion »

Any updates/news?

thewizard

Post by thewizard »

Nuladion wrote: Any updates/news?

Finishing up the ACP. I had to make a few trips to the hospital which got in the way with the relese date I had set originally.

cwcollector

Paypal

Post by cwcollector »

Any plans to incorporate paypal or is this a fake store?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”