Initial sync problems?

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
artbatista

Initial sync problems?

Post by artbatista »

I think there is a problem that only comes up on initial sync.

I have newssync configured to split disimilar topics and to NOT merge similar topics.

On all 3 times I have installed it, I have gotten what I call a "superthread" where a very large number of messages with all manner of topics collect. See example here: http://www.battime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178

As you can see, these threads have nothing in common, yet they were grouped together. I also believe this only happens on initial sync, because once I delete the thread, I have not seen another like it recreated.

Anyway, other than that, the only other problem that I have is that I am unable to run go-newssync or newssync.php from the command line, all I get is a bunch of errors, but I think that is related to the way php is installed at my host. Instead I run it via a wget command that is set on a cron job.

Art Batista

www.battime.com

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”