- Functionalities :
- sub-forums (eh, sure they are ),
- forum link type,
- forums icons, navigation icons,
- style (template and/or sub-template) per forum,
- default topic sort per forum, more sort available too,
- a new forum administration, much more friendly,
- custom presets (you know, "private", "public", etc.) for permissions,
- favorite icons (in browser favorites),
- last topic title on index (inspired by e-Sven),
- today/yesterday dates (based on Netclectic's today at/yesterday at),
- Fix message_die() error message mod by Markus Petrux,
- board announcement,
- announces duration,
- messages icons,
- keep unread topics flags,
- page generation time and sql requests list (when activated)
Before someone asks : Why pack so much feature in one mod ?
Actually, the mod handles all what concern forums and topics list publication, and to avoid a too complicated installation, I've decided to make only one mod, which covers all of this, and allows to activate or de-activate each function, most of the time offering the user the ability to do it (if the administrator agree of course ). It is not a compilation of all this mods, but an integration of all their functionalities to have a coherent install, that will be much more efficient and easy to do. It has allowed to greatly reduce the ressources consumption for large boards.
Note also the cache system has been entirely rework to simplify installation and to get something more solid, using the cache/ directory and avoiding so CHMOD as previous versions.
Regarding previous versions of categories hierarchy : changes:
- a more solid cache system (as mentioned), and algorythms,
- more facilities to adapt style not based on subSilver,
- enhanced forums administration,
- a better jumpbox,
- more efficient auths management, including when adding new (def_auths is gone),
- less modifications to apply,
- classes oriented programation to allow a wider customization,
- plus all added functionalities already mentioned
There is no upgrade script at this time regarding phps and tpls (data are recognized and migrated). What I strongly advice is to use the dev211ch pack (see the note below) : this will spare hours of modifications and errors tracking.
So enough talking, here is the zip files :
last updated of the packs : 26/02 @ 13h00 GMT :
- The "installed" pack has been upgraded to phpBB 2.0.12.
- You will find a new goody called "Cache phpBB version in Admin Control Panel" at the download page. It is designed to prevent the Admin index to check at each hit the latest phpBB version, but once a day. It allows however to perform this check manually at any time.
- How to use the "installed" pack:
- download the "installed" pack (modified phpBB),
- unzip them on your pc (one dir per pack),
- install, param and test a phpBB 2.0.12 (you can use yours if already installed),
- ensure your profile is the lower admin user (commonly user_id = 2) if you are using an existing board,
- ensure your profile and the default board style (ACP/Config) are sat on subSilver,
- delete all the content of your phpBB directory, except config.php,
- If you are not using msSQL or mySQL, apply the [SQL] part of the mod install description (modifications.sql),
- upload all the content of the "installed/root" pack onto your phpBB directory,
- apply a CHMOD 777 on the cache/ directory (and so for images/avatars),
- hit your board index, and follow the instructions
And before all, if you apply the mod to your current phpBB board, remember : "Save is safe"
Note: for french talking people, a dedicated forum is opened here
Side note on the viewonline legend:
The viewonline legend is generated in includes/class_stats.php, using the array defined in get_user_levels() method. Each level is linked now to the memberlist.php, using 'level' parm (array fields: link_pgm, link_parms).
If you want to add groups to the legend, it requires at this time to hardcode the group_name and the group_id (see link_parms below for group_id), and if any the color to use:
'legend' => 'your_group_name'
'style' => ' style="color:#your_color_value_in_hex; font-weight: bold;"'
(nb: you can also prefer a class rather than style: 'style' => ' class="your_class"')
To link to a display this added groups, you have to set for the link_parms field :
'link_parms' => array(POST_GROUPS_URL => your_group_id)
and you can use either for the link_pgm field :
'link_pgm' => 'memberlist'
'link_pgm' => 'groupcp'
as you prefer.