[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
javispedro

Post by javispedro » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:09 pm

Woops! Only a week disconnected and I have two big mods to update, CH and Attach.
DO you know one of the entries in Attach Mod Changelog?
fixed overwriting of group_id in admin_groups if Categories Hirarchie mod is installed
Nice. :)

omega13a

Post by omega13a » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:36 pm

I found a fix for this mod that appears to solve the problems with people who also have the phpBB fetch all mod installed:

in includes/auth.php find:

Code: Select all

// read forums if required
	if ( ($forum_id != AUTH_LIST_ALL) && empty($f_access) && empty($forums) )
	{
		include_once($config->url('includes/class_forums'));
		$forums = new forums();
		$forums->read();
	}
and replace it with:

Code: Select all

// read forums if required
	if ( (($forum_id != AUTH_LIST_ALL) && empty($f_access) && empty($forums)) || (empty($forums)) )
	{
		include_once($config->url('includes/class_forums'));
		$forums = new forums();
		$forums->read();
	}
Apperently what is happening is no instance of the forum class when you are viewing a page that uses the phpBB fetch all mod. Since this mod uses the forum class in the auth function, it will not set the authoritions if there is no instance of the forum class. My fix makes sure there is an instance of the forum class so it will set the authorisations. Hope this helps.
A fish without a bicycle cannot contemplate his navel.

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:57 pm

Seems to work. What I also did is to fetch forums list by doing the 3 instructions inside if statement.

Also, seems new Attach Mod 2.3.11 is a security release. May I urge you to update CH goodies? (I'll be doing some Beyond Compare, but I would like to be a bit sure about what I do). I haven't been able to follow Ptirhiik's comments about the update around here.
Last edited by javispedro on Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

addso

Post by addso » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:23 pm

javispedro wrote: Seems to work. What I also did is to fetch forums list by doing the 3 instructions inside if statement.

Also, seems new Attach Mod 2.3.11 is a security release. May I urge you to update CH goodies? (I'll be doing some Beyond Compare, but I would like to be a bit sure about what I do).
Are there major changes to edit?!

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:30 pm

addso wrote:
javispedro wrote:Seems to work. What I also did is to fetch forums list by doing the 3 instructions inside if statement.

Also, seems new Attach Mod 2.3.11 is a security release. May I urge you to update CH goodies? (I'll be doing some Beyond Compare, but I would like to be a bit sure about what I do).
Are there major changes to edit?!

Patch is around 55K, so I'll say yes.

the_bunny

Post by the_bunny » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:04 am

for attachmod see author notes @ www.opentools.de :)
seems he made the attachmod now compatible with CH himself regarding auths.
i'm, just a little bunny! please treat me well...

FinalFantasy

Post by FinalFantasy » Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:07 pm

hey can you add STOP POST in a certain forum since zore's code don't work with this please.
<!-- Sig Removed Cause Graham Didn't Like Em :( -->
RPG Guru's
Veneficium

addso

Post by addso » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:36 pm

I noticed another small bug. The announces box is not coordinated with the topics_box thus making the authors cell larger in one than in the other. How can we solve this ?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:37 pm

Hi everybody,

Due to a not awaited professional travel, I haven't been able this week to work on CH and others (not had the time to take with me my computer :)), but I should be able to resume this coming week. However, I will have only a little time to answer to question during the week (won't be connected at home), but I will do it the week-end, so sorry in advance for the delay.

> attachmod goody : I will upgrade the attachmod goodie to the v 2.3.11 (last) : however, I don't expect too many changes : if you want to go with the current goodiy version, be sure to apply the modifications done in the current files coming with the root_ch/ directory files to the new versions coming with attachmod : all are marked with the yet-known //-- mod/fin mod -- comments. As this are issues fixes, be sure to do it, or to unable the attachmod functionalities until the new version of the goody will be published (so the next week-end I think),

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:39 pm

> Encryption :
o EasyCMS :
Remember the auths are completly differently managed with CH : if your CMS add some auths, you will have to :
- define the added permissions in the auths definition,
- use the $user->auth() function in the easyCMS scripts to get if the user is authorised to them,

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:40 pm

o regarding the bots recog, I have some plans for, so for using groups in the legend rather than the today's level. As it is not the purpose of CH to handle this, it will appear in the next devs (probably the PCP, or maybe before), as some fields have to be added to the groups table to make all of this something a little optimized :),

> Gladhost.com : mod url-rewriting : some adaptations has been done here. Sorry comments are in french, but you will probably find your way with,

> Napy : the mod is written to work with all supported by phpBB database : be sure to report any flew you may encounter with other database, I will look into. Please do not report the [ SQL ] part of the mod install description, this requests are not specific to any database, you are supposed to adapt them to the one you use if they are not directly run by your sql administration tool. The ones that will be investigated if any problem encountered will be those in the php files (so those used by the board while running),

> Mike Orond : the "topic requested do not exists" message coming when the forum is not visible but readable has been fixed in the last upgrade,

> NoGood : using phpMyadmin (or any other db management tool) on cached tables requires after the modifications to regenerate the caches for this table in the ACP/cache management. eg if you change the config table to set the "version" from .0.6 to .0.11, you have to regen the config table cache,

> FinalFantasy :
- moderators become admin : in no way the mod will put a moderator the admin level, until you have done a perfect mess with the groups names at install time or group ids. Check in the config table what are the group_id for the group_* entries, and check in your groups table if they are pointing the appropriate groups,

- "stop post" : I don't really understand what you are meaning with this : can you elaborate what you want to do ?

> phantomk : the posts and users stats should be available as vars in the config table : check the includes/class_stats.php, you should easely find them without disturbing the attachmod routines (no tables nor vars will be used except the $config->data[] array),

> JanzoMaster :
- date format choosable list : you will find the date format def. in includes/class_cp.php, function get_list_dateformat(). You can change the list as you prefer, there are no incidence on data stored (this will only change the content of the choosable format in the list),

- buttons inactive : be sure to use a stable version of your browser (eg some firefox versions seem to encounter problems with validations on frames layer : check first with a standard IE 6 or a latest or previous version of your browser), and be sure to not remove any <form> tag if you adapt a tpl to a particular style. If you have any doubt, test it with the subSilver ones,

> addso :
- thx for the debug of the message_icon_ELSE in class_config.php : will be part as is in the next upgrade ;),
- adding new options to the ucp or config+ : you can do this by making patches (that's what for they are designed). As mentioned by Hater, a tool exists in an alpha stage to create them in a much more friendly way (the current includes/_cp_patches/ files have been generated with it :)),

> omega13 : to properly use the auth() function, you have to add to the function in which you want to call it a global $user, $forums; . Also, if you want to access the forums auths, prefer to clearly read them first : $user->get_cache(POST_FORUM_URL); , and so the forums : $forums = new forums(); $forums->read();
Note that using the $user->auth() function doesn't requires any extra queries, and is so a better choice to check within the scripts the user auths,

(sorry for the cuts, it seems that the phpBB server has some difficulties)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:41 pm

If I missed a question, please feel free to re-ask it :).

addso

Post by addso » Sat Dec 18, 2004 9:57 pm

When will the next pack be realsead ? How far is the final version?

I think I discovered a new bug: the author's box streches different on the announces box and topics box (which looks ugly) since the last dev pack:
(demo below)
http://ptifo.clanmckeen.com/index.php?f=1

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:28 pm

> addso :
- I don't think I will have the time to publish an upgrade tomorrow (and I have at this time very little things to fix, and nothing major), so probably the next week-end. We have found some polishing to do into the search_results tpls (essentialy in the post-view layer, but not much : pagination layer, add the display of number of matches, this kind of things), and I want to provide the attchmod goody for the last version of the attachmod (2.3.11). Except this, there are no other modifications planed for CH :),

The too long author name strech exists till the begining, and there is a choice to do there : you can resize the author name box to get it the max size for 25 large chars + 2 spaces for all boxes (but it takes a lot of places for probably a single very long name on one page), or let the column streches only on the box where this name appears. I choosed by my side the second solution, but you can adjust the topics_box.tpl the way you want if you prefer to have it aligned for all username possible. It may be appropriate on some templates, but I don't think it is wise with subSilver ;).

TwoBob

How do I upgrade to this version?

Post by TwoBob » Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:56 pm

Ptir, am very happy with the 204 version - but feel I should update to this CH version sooner or later. Should I hold back or upgrade now?

And sorry to ask the question, but do I install v206 before this one? Is there an easy way to do the RENAME or do I need to manually change the file name of each?
Just my 2 cents / pence worth . . . Cheers, TwoBob

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”