[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Hater

Post by Hater » Tue Dec 21, 2004 7:59 pm

the_bunny wrote: i can't ask on ggweb-fr.com because it's all in french and i don't speak french... :(

I'm lucky I can speak english and it's my native language. :D

accdel3467

Post by accdel3467 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:42 pm

I've encountered a problem with my ch, when a user tries to read more than just the first page of a topic with multiple pages, he has to relogin (/phpBB2/login.php?redirect=viewtopic.php&p=0&start=15 for page two), after relogging in, he gets the message, that the topic doesnt exist (/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=0&start=15)
This only happens in forums with restricted access.

Why so?

bcs10

Post by bcs10 » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:20 pm

do we need to keep the files with the _sav in front of the files names???
/DD

omega13a

Post by omega13a » Tue Dec 21, 2004 11:34 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > omega13 : to properly use the auth() function, you have to add to the function in which you want to call it a global $user, $forums; . Also, if you want to access the forums auths, prefer to clearly read them first : $user->get_cache(POST_FORUM_URL); , and so the forums : $forums = new forums(); $forums->read();
Note that using the $user->auth() function doesn't requires any extra queries, and is so a better choice to check within the scripts the user auths,

I think it might be nice if people wouldn't have to make that kind of change manualy since a lot of people freak out when they take a look a source code and/or don't know where the function where they need to make the change is. Having the auth function make sure there are instances of those classes and make them if they don't exist would make people's lives more easier.

Also, you forgot to mention you need to include the file that has the forums class defined on it.
A fish without a bicycle cannot contemplate his navel.

DKing

Post by DKing » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:29 am

I have a problem:

I just recently installed Categories Hierarchy (with ezmod) a couple of days ago. Everything went PERFECT :D and I did the mySql in phpMyAdmin (and it went fine too). So now, I go to my ACP, and click on permissions... *gasp :o * there are no forums listed... so how am I going to make a read-only forum? Oh no! Could someone help?

Thanks
-DKing

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:55 am

DKing>> Use the Auths> Management to set forum permissions.

Piithrik, I really think you should overwrite the old permissions system instead of adding on a new module. Now I have 2 of every single page, but one does diddly-suat and wastes space.

Anywho, I have a huge problem. In fact, I'm having way too many problems with the permissions system, and I was hoping that as the beta went along it would get better, but now it's toast... at least for me.

See, my permissions have a tendancy to change randomly, moderators aren't moderators anymore... it deletes all permissions for a selected group, so they see no forums... and now, finally, it has removed my permissions to see the board AND administrate. I personally think the whole admin access thing gets in the way because it just causes way more problems than it does do good.

So now, here I am, without admin access, without being able to see my board, and poof, there goes my admin powers (not just my access). So I think... ok, lets go into the DB and change my level back to 1. I do that, I have about two minutes of admin powers and they disappear again! During this two minutes, I went to my ACP, and then I tried to change permissions and stuff, ERRRT!-"not authorized." What the hell? Yeap, its that admin auth stuff again.

So now I go to the DB again to look and see what I have to change to give myself the access again, but when I go there, too me, it's not english! I was completely lost! I'm pretty good with a DB, but I had no idea what was what. I guess I'm used to the full labling type system, but all this "m, g" stuff left me without a clue about what did what. :?

As I've said before, I've been battling the permissions system for a long time, and it looks like it's finally completely defeated me. Can you please help me?

Thanks,
Solar

Hater

Post by Hater » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:30 am

It sounds to me like not all of the modifications were done correctly, because if they are, things would be working just fine. All I can suggest is to double check your work, delete the files that are duplicating the auths because if they were removed as the instructions state, they would not exist in the navigation.

I for one have followed the changelog since day one, and even on my highly modified board have been working with the auths system without problem at this point. It almost sounds like you are not re-caching your settings and groups after you make a manual database change. Hope that helps some?

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:14 am

Could it be the fact that I'm using the premodded version? I've followed it since day one, too. And I've continued to have this problem. Do you happen to know how I can get my access back?

Hater

Post by Hater » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:35 am

Are you the main admin, with user_id = 2? If so, make sure you're user level = 1, delete ALL the files in your cache folder, then login, go into the administration, and recache the usergroups. Let me know what happens next?

SolarFX

Post by SolarFX » Wed Dec 22, 2004 5:08 am

Now I've got admin access, but no capabilities, still not authorized. That helped a bit though....

Hater

Post by Hater » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:09 am

Are you able to edit ANY of the user groups at all? Moderators, admins, anything? I suspect that you haven't ran or successfully implimented the user group recache found under "Cache > Management > Groups membership cache " in the administration.

Take note, this will not create a file, but it will realign the user_groups and IDs so that you are in the Main Admin or "Founder" user group. Without this, you will not have access to anything that modifies admin access, however if you can access the admin panel, you should be able to modify anything lower than you, like moderators, etc..

addso

Post by addso » Wed Dec 22, 2004 10:25 am

question: what does the auth_manage (administrate forums) do?
PS do you notice any bugs when clicking on the moderator link in the viewonline box? I see pagination for all member list, however there are only a few moderators on the board ...

encryption

Post by encryption » Wed Dec 22, 2004 1:55 pm

Ptirhiik / Bunny - I was wondering for a little more help

I installed the bot indexing mod and the little add on that allows you to paste the BOT NAME on the index. (PM Me if anyone wants the whole mod) but I cant get the bots to show up on the index page.

below is the modification from the addon for viewonline.php

OPEN: viewonline.php

FIND:

Code: Select all

$sql = "SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.session_logged_in, s.session_time, s.session_page, s.session_ip
	FROM ".USERS_TABLE." u, ".SESSIONS_TABLE." s
REPLACE, WITH:

$sql = "SELECT u.user_id, u.username, u.user_allow_viewonline, u.user_level, s.*
	FROM ".USERS_TABLE." u, ".SESSIONS_TABLE." s
FIND:

if ( $row['session_ip'] != $prev_ip )
		{
			$username = $lang['Guest'];
REPLACE, WITH:

if ( $row['session_ip'] != $prev_ip )
		{
			$bot = is_robot_return_bot(decode_ip($row['session_ip']),$row['user_agent']);
			if($bot)
			{
				$username = $bot . ' (' . $lang['Bot'] . ')';
			}
			else
			{
				$username = $lang['Guest'];
			}
any help ?

-e-
Last edited by encryption on Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:02 pm

SolarFX wrote: Piithrik, I really think you should overwrite the old permissions system instead of adding on a new module. Now I have 2 of every single page, but one does diddly-suat and wastes space.

You forgot to do the renames, didn't you?
Maybe that's the cause of your problem. Check you are using the old phpBB Auth Admin system by renaming the files the mod says to sav_

TeknoSounds

Post by TeknoSounds » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:43 pm

TeknoSounds wrote: Greetings :)

I can say I really appreciate the work you put into this as well as my members. I'm not sure if this has been posted already, but I did searches for looping login and login loop and didn't find anything. Heres the situation:

I recently installed a fresh copy of phpBB 2.0.11 and using an old database. While I had a clean install I wanted to use your mods so I wouldn't have any headache with my old themes. First I tried installing PCP first, however some of the replacement statements couldn't be found, so I edited them. After getting it to install I got to the login screen, logged in and was presented with the Migration Tool page. However after clicking go all I get is another login screen. This just puts me in an (what I'm guessing is...) endless loop of login, migration page, login, etc. Going back I reinstalled a fresh copy of 2.0.11 then used the dev211 file. This gave me the same result.

What might I be doing wrong?

Anybody? :(

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”