[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
the_bunny

Post by the_bunny » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:44 am

regen ur caches, it should solve the probs.
i'm, just a little bunny! please treat me well...

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:09 am

> Plastikaa : noted : I will investigate if it is a mod issue or an install issue. Meanwhile, as The_bunny said, regen your board stat caches, it will adjust the last user informations,

> Dan39 : yes, at init the lower user_id of the active administrators will be retained to become the board founder. Once done, just ask the founder to register you to the "Main administrators" group,

> drdevil : have you installed any other mod ? If no, please verify you have correctly installed the mod comparing your files with the ones from dev211ch pack (start with the includes/usercp_* ones). As for Platikaa, regen the board stat cache in ACP/Cache management to adjust the value,

> trv : yes, upgrade scripts will be provided in time (probably for the last olympus beta),

NB.: For those having used the full install description to install the mod : the two latest update of common.php are not included in the full install description. It is not a major issue, but please apply them from the mod-changelog.txt, or simply copy the common.php from the dev211ch pack onto yours.

dJomp

Post by dJomp » Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:30 am

I've used the dev211ch zip to test the board (today's version, just to check); I get the following error when trying to run the /install_cat/install.php:

Code: Select all

Critical Error!
message_die() was called multiple times.
 Error #1
SQL requests not achieved

Line : 222
File : /www/usr/rselby/phpBB2/includes/class_groups.php
SQL : DELETE FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_single_user = 1 AND group_user_id = 0

Error #2
Could not open template config file

Line : 419
File : /www/usr/rselby/phpBB2/includes/functions.php
I've been through this thread looking for a solution; I've run all the SQL queries from the MOD-categories_hierarchy-210.txt file (which seemed to have already been run) and running "DELETE FROM phpbb_groups WHERE group_single_user = 1 AND group_user_id = 0" on the command line is successful (affects no rows).

Have I missed some queries somewhere?

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:44 am

> dJomp : hmm... maybe, but I think you would have received another message. Try first a repair of the database, then try to rerun the queries from the SQL part (they have to be all rejected : proceed field per field).

dJomp

Post by dJomp » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:16 pm

I knew I was being stupid, sorry... the database user didn't have DELETE privilages :roll: All works fine now, thanks!

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:47 pm

> dJomp : 'didn't think about that neither :)

xellos16

Post by xellos16 » Tue Jan 18, 2005 3:15 pm

Hello its me again. I have ran all of the SQL queries and it still doesn't work. I still run across the problem of:

ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups
ADD group_status TINYINT( 2 ) NOT NULL,
ADD group_user_id MEDIUMINT( 8 ) DEFAULT 0 NOT NULL,
ADD group_user_list TEXT NOT NULL;

going in and getting a syntax error of

ALTER TABLE phpbb_groups ADD group_status TINYINT( 2 ) NOT NULL ,
ADD group_user_id MEDIUMINT( 8 ) DEFAULT0 NOT NULL ,
ADD group_user_list TEXT NOT NULL

and I can't stop that. Can someone PLEASE help me.

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:10 pm

So modify your table using the edit the table of phpMyadmin. I really don't know how you can remove this space between "default" and "0" with a copy (ps. don't count the linefeed/carriage return as a space : it isn't).

plastikaa

Post by plastikaa » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:33 pm

> Plastikaa : noted : I will investigate if it is a mod issue or an install issue. Meanwhile, as The_bunny said, regen your board stat caches, it will adjust the last user informations,

Hmm... didnt realise there were stat caches, as all the others have the 'regen' button instead the stats have the little clock so i didnt realise I could regenerate then. But anyhow it seems to have fixed the number of users and last registered user. Thanks!

(edit: just thought - maybe the stats for the number of users should automatically regenerate when people are deleted from the board... just a idea.)

mosc

Post by mosc » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:34 pm

Forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post this.

My forum is 2.1.11 and it has several mods, including the cat-hierarchy sub forums and the attachment mods, but old versions of them that I put in in 2003. I want to upgrade to the latest versions of these mods. I want to use the keep unread mod, but I've never been able to get it to work. I hopefully this "super" mod will be the answer for me.

It seems that upgrading a mod is very difficult. Should I start with a clean forum and start adding the mods I have already installed (latest versions)? If I do that, I'm worried that my forum's database won't be usable. For example, what about all my posts, categories and subforums. Will all that still work?

Sorry to sound so bewildered, but I guess I am.

Thanks...

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:41 pm

> mosc : start first with building a test environnement, copying your db onto a new one (prefer a local - eg on your pc). Then you will be able to quickly go installing the dev211ch pack (will save a lot of time), and start to apply other mods of yours after a save at this point. Once succeded with all you want, just copy the directories except cache/ and config.php to your live env., and redo the SQL requests required by the mods (don't forget to copy from the pack the install_cat/ directory as you will have removed it from your test environnement).

> Plastikaa : it is what it is supposed to do, that's why I asked you to recheck your modifications :)

mosc

Post by mosc » Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:48 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > mosc : start first with building a test environnement, copying your db onto a new one (prefer a local - eg on your pc). Then you will be able to quickly go installing the dev211ch pack (will save a lot of time), and start to apply other mods of yours after a save at this point.

Thanks for the prompt response. I appreciate it. Sounds like a good plan.

What do dev and ch stand for in the dev211ch name?

plastikaa

Post by plastikaa » Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:07 pm

Well I checked all my alterations twice before I installed the mod, and I didnt find any errors - so I doubt checking a thrid time will find anything. Maybe someone else can check this out to see if tis doing it for them also.

Den-Den

Post by Den-Den » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:05 pm

I can't get it to work. I always get this error message:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Please PM me, as I will probably never be able to find this post again. :P

Hater

Post by Hater » Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:41 pm

Den-Den wrote: I can't get it to work. I always get this error message:

Template->make_filename(): Error - file does not exist

Please PM me, as I will probably never be able to find this post again. :P

It's important that any MOD related questions remain public incase anyone else is experiencing the same problem. It sounds to me like perhaps there is a TPL that was not copied over, or a modification to a var handle for the TPL file.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”