[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Jan 20, 2005 11:46 am

> deanirw : I think the author of this mod has planned to make an adaptation for CH 2.1.0 when it will be released. I don't know if it is still the case. Ask Markus_Petrux about this, he is very good at js designing :),

> deanirw & sjfierce : wow ! Hopefully, you haven't to recreate all the existing forums :). First, remember that in order to use the dev211ch pack, you have to delete all the phpBB directory content except config.php and to copy in place the content of dev211ch directory. This will remove from the ACP menu the no-more-to-use options. Then, only categories are recreated automaticely as forums, existing forums aren't moved. The old auths are recovered automacely too, and recreated into the new auths system. All of this automation is performed at the first launch of the board after the installation of the mod (this is the purpose of the install_cat/ process). For new forums, you will have to grant the authorisations you want mearly to the guests group and registered groups : only auth_management are copied from the parent forum of the new forum (eg: an admin can create a sub-forum only in forums he has the administration auth).

> sjfierce : I add a chance last night to investigate the spacer issue. Actually, an assignment to I_SPACER in class_topics, method display() of the $user->img('spacer') is missing. The fix will be published this week-end (I have no access to my ftp during the week days),

> Gremlinn : a special edition of Topic Calendar is currently under dev (only the topic list of the scheduler view is missing, and some tweaking remains). As I do it at lost time, you can imagine it is not ready yet :). However, I think current users of Topic Calendar will like the new js engine done by Markus Petrux (and few enhancements point to point ;)),

> Plastikaa & The_bunny : here is what I did to test the deletion of a user : register a new user, activate the profile, check the board stats (> ok), go to the ACP/Users/Management, select the new created user, check the "user delete" checkbox, check the board stats (> ok). How did you proceed to encountered the not-uptodate stats ?

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Thu Jan 20, 2005 1:20 pm

Ah. Awesome. I can wait a bit. I am just playing with all the mods I want and or need to see how compatable they are. So far, so good. The new CH is less obtrusive. Let me know if you need help checking out the topic calendar and/or PCP pieces.

the_bunny

Post by the_bunny » Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:43 pm

Ptirhiik: in my case it was a user who registered before i installed the MOD (and re-built the whole board), maybe that's the problem? i don't mind to regen the cache after deleting a user (i do this very rarely anyways), but if it's supposed to regen automatically then i think there must be something going wrong, as everything else works fine from my point of view.
i'm, just a little bunny! please treat me well...

Tora

Post by Tora » Thu Jan 20, 2005 3:51 pm

Hi! I seem to have a bit of strange behavior here:
Yesterday I downloaded and installed the latest premodded version (dev211ch..) in my local test-environment.
I plan on using this version on my live-system soon, so I imported an actual database dump of my live database locally - so I'm trying to use the premodded version on a existing database, where I did not use any previous version of CH...

I run into following problems:

1. My Testuser seems to be unable to switch the Board Layout Preferences, eg. "Pack sub-categories" - I get to see, what ever is set in the Configuration+ Options in the Admin Panel, even though "Override user choice" is set to "No".
Could that somehow be because I use an existing DB with Users created before the CH mod was applied?

2. I can see all my pre-existing categories and topics fine, so the "conversion" of my existing forums to the CH-modded version seems to work well. Now I tried to find out if I could "reverse" the modifications, just in case I wanted or needed to use this DB again with an unmodded version of phpBB. Therefore I edited some existing forums and categories, and added some new categories, sub-categories, forums and so on. After replacing the premodded phpBB-installation with a "clean" one, I can still see all my previously existing forums, even if I edited them, but all categories and forums I newly created from inside CH are gone. This worries me, because I would like to roll out CH on my live database, but would want to keep the option of switching back to an unmodded phpBB version, possibly the 3.x. when it comes out, without "loosing" any data from the DB. Is there any chance to do that?

Hope someone can answer that, preferably Ptirhiik :wink:

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:19 pm

> The_bunny : maybe an individual group missing ? Even though, it should not change the thing : the last user id is retained when updating the stats, and it is done each time you use the $user->delete() method, what is done in ACP/User management. Perhaps recheck the files with one coming with phpBB 2.0.11 for the version number : yours may be out-of-date ?

> Tora :
- packing sub-categories : it depends if you have set a parm at the forum level (you can choose to pack or not each sub-forums of a category on the category). If so, it is considered as the main choice (meaning config+ or user preferences are overiden by the forum setting). Also, only sub-forums (or sub-cat) of a category can be packed (actually unpacked :)) : forums are always packed. Having an existing db is actually required to install the mod, with only two user (for a new board) or a full user db :),

- backward compliancy : you just have to fill the cat_main field of the forums table by any existing cat_id from categories table (prefer the first), and you will find them again. However, an upgrade script will be provided when Olympus will be ready for (probably for the last beta of Olympus), which will also migrate the auths (what is a little more interesting IMHO :))

plastikaa

Post by plastikaa » Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:52 pm

> Plastikaa & The_bunny : here is what I did to test the deletion of a user : register a new user, activate the profile, check the board stats (> ok), go to the ACP/Users/Management, select the new created user, check the "user delete" checkbox, check the board stats (> ok). How did you proceed to encountered the not-uptodate stats ?

Ahhh I just realised I deleted the user using a different mod I have installed which lists all the users rather than having to search the username and select the checkbox. When I tried what you posted it works fine. :D

deanirw

Post by deanirw » Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:25 am

Alright forums are working now, however, when somone register's they recieve this message:
Could not find email template file :: user_welcome

DEBUG MODE

Line : 111
File : /home/deanirw/public_html/forum/includes/emailer.php

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:20 am

> deanirw : this means a tpl (user_welcome.tpl) is missing in the language/lang_yours/email/ directory : not really linked to the mod :),

> plastikaa : try to add in your mod script, before the message_die() sent when user is deleted this : $user->read_stats(true); To be exhaustive, check what is done in the usercp_register.php.

Marauder

Post by Marauder » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:50 pm

Great work Ptirhiik, I did not update yet since the last update in december.. doing this today.. my forum is still working very good ...

I was wondering if you know that intalling IM Portal will work with your mod? not IntegraMOD but just the Portal...

I have try IntegraMOD and I have start created all the forum and Category.. I have on the Main Index Page 13 Main Category witht an average of 29 Forum under each Main Category... when i start building the Structures I felt that IntegraMOD was not strong enough to support all these forum, i felt as it was weak to handle, In the process i had a couple Blank white Page..

I like how it look that is why i have try it.. because from my feeling of IntegraMOD been too weak... the idea come to me just to install IM Portal with your MOD so i wonder if they are compatible... I do not want to spend too much time not knowing if they are compatible... Ptirhiik if you know they are compatible, could you let me know... if it is, i will install IM Portal.. if not then you have save me time :)

So right now your MOD work fine for me, not a single problem since i install from scratch in december.. and i been playing a lot with it..

Thanxs for that MOD
So many things to do, so little time
Marauder

www.mechground.com | www.battletech.ca | www.clanwhitetigers.com

sjfierce

Post by sjfierce » Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:59 pm

Marauder>> I have IM Portal running with Cat Hier 2.1.0. I have not experienced any problems with it. IM Portal is very easy to install (10 mins) and doesn't alter much code.

Marauder

Post by Marauder » Fri Jan 21, 2005 2:21 pm

yes i know it work when you install phpbb 2.0.11 and Cat-Hier and also attachmod but because of this mod devellop by Ptirhiik i am not sure...

I must admit i have try last night and it did not work.. so i wonder if i did something wrong. or they are not compatible whatever i do.. that is why i ask Ptirhiik if he know the answer...

Thanxs for the reply
So many things to do, so little time
Marauder

www.mechground.com | www.battletech.ca | www.clanwhitetigers.com

Deriel

Post by Deriel » Fri Jan 21, 2005 7:49 pm

Greetings,

I installed the MOD in my fórum (reasonable large: 1.150.000 posts and 17.000 users) and I really like the results. The cache system is fantastic! I'm in need of some help in 2 points:

1) Auths System
How the system works, in details? I need to create a new auth called SELF, to permit only Admin and the author of a topic read/post in it. How it could be done?

2) PCP
My users are asking about the PCP. Any date, yet?

Fant00m

Post by Fant00m » Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi,

I think it's been asked before but i can't find it.
Hoe doe i make the links in Cat. Her. 2.1.0 to open a blank page?
Do i need to add somewher _blank?

I mean i made a subforum as a link to an other webpage. When i click the link the new website is opened in the same browser as my forum was.
I just want the link to open a new browser window.

Thanks for you help

Eric_H

Post by Eric_H » Sat Jan 22, 2005 4:36 am

WOW! This rocks. For some reason, I couldn't get the old cat. h. to work. Since I was installing this on a new board, I just used the second dowload link and loaded it fully, plus instert the db info and it worked like a charm... so far. Thanks!

By the way, what does "Regen" mean for cache? Does it just clear out the cache basically? If so, does that mess up my board if I click the buttons, or just make it run slower until it caches again?

Hater

Post by Hater » Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:34 am

"Regen" does exactly that, it "regenerates" the files or data that are inside the cache. This is done automatically when needed so typically you won't need to force it, however the options are there to force them if for some reason another modification does not know the cache files are there to regenerate.

Cliffnotes, they are totally safe to regen at any time. :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”