[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
ludedude

Post by ludedude » Tue Feb 15, 2005 4:33 am

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > LeDude :
- individual groups missing : halas no, running install_cat once more won't solve the individual usergroup missing. There is too maners to solve this : create manually the individual groups in phpbb_groups and create the link between the group and the user in phpbb_user_group. Then regen the group membership cache in cache management. Another way is to login with the user account : the individual group should be recreated.

Well letting them login is not recreating them :? And the list is longer as well . Do I have to create individual user groups for each one! 8O

juiced

Post by juiced » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:22 am

I wanted to know if i can U/L a clean copy of phpbb then replace its config.php without going through the install? Then proced to install the mod?
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

basskid

Post by basskid » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:35 am

http://angling101.com/test101/install_cat/install.php

I tries to finish the installation and now I can't even get into my admin panel... any suggestions? Everything went really smooth til now...

Hater

Post by Hater » Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:27 am

Basskid >> You did not perform the SQL requests required in the install instructions. Those must be manually performed before the install_cat.php file is ran.

Auths >> Check the specific details of each forums auths verifying their correctness. Regen all caches and resynchronize those specific forums.

Rebuild Groups >> If you need help or a tool to rebuild the _group and _user_groups tables, I wrote a tool that will also install a group for BOTs which can be used later as a helpful migration for future use for web crawlers (if you so choose, having this group and not using it is not harmful.) My tool will leave only the user whose user_id = 2 as the only one with access to anything in the admin area. All specific group and user auths would need to be reset after running my patch.

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:23 pm

i have big problems with the group tables. i think they are completly corrupted.

look:

http://www.maxrev.de/files/group_tables_214.jpg

so many groups. how can i look which member is in a group or not?

phpbb_users, phpp_user_group, phpbb_groups

if it is corrupted.. which table has to be deleted or what can i do?
Forums: Honda || phpBB Categories Hierarchy
Mods: Spamfilter against bot registrations || Seo Urls

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:31 pm

> mgutt : each user must have a record in phpBB group (individual user group) linked to the user with phpbb_user_table. Not having it means a severe breach in the auth security, even with a not modify phpBB. So you must to have at least as many record in phpbb_groups & phpbb_user_group than in phpbb_users tables.

ludedude

Post by ludedude » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:09 pm

Hater wrote: Basskid >> You did not perform the SQL requests required in the install instructions. Those must be manually performed before the install_cat.php file is ran.

Auths >> Check the specific details of each forums auths verifying their correctness. Regen all caches and resynchronize those specific forums.

Rebuild Groups >> If you need help or a tool to rebuild the _group and _user_groups tables, I wrote a tool that will also install a group for BOTs which can be used later as a helpful migration for future use for web crawlers (if you so choose, having this group and not using it is not harmful.) My tool will leave only the user whose user_id = 2 as the only one with access to anything in the admin area. All specific group and user auths would need to be reset after running my patch.

Can you send me the tool again Hater, I looked but cannot find a copy of it anymore. I know we used it onmy pilot board, now I need to do the same on the atv site. I know we had some issues too....but don't remember what they were :? :(

basskid

Post by basskid » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:43 pm

So what should I do? I can't exactly uninstall??? Should I replace all the files with the premodded ones and run the sql? I ran the sql but after I ran the mod through easy mod.

basskid

Post by basskid » Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:45 pm

Is there any way to unmodify the database, or do I need to use a fresh copy of my database and try it all over again?

paulmezz

Post by paulmezz » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:30 pm

Hey there everyone. I just got this installed 2 days ago and I'm finally out of ideas on what is going on.

No matter how I set my forum permissions, it seems to completely ignore my settings. Even if I set a forum that is not showing up to completely public it just isn't showing up.

The good thing is that the ones that aren't showing up are the special access forums (for mods and such).

I know this is a vauge description, so just let me know what info you need me to post and it will be posted!

Thanks
-paul

[/i]

javispedro

Post by javispedro » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:52 pm

paulmezz wrote: No matter how I set my forum permissions, it seems to completely ignore my settings. Even if I set a forum that is not showing up to completely public it just isn't showing up.

The good thing is that the ones that aren't showing up are the special access forums (for mods and such).
Maybe you should have a look at cache settings?

BTW, I experienced a problem where adding a member to a group (i'm founder) would result in caches not being upgraded, and that user not seeing the private forums (visible when one is inside the group) until I click on regen groups & users cache.

ludedude

Post by ludedude » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:02 pm

javispedro wrote: BTW, I experienced a problem where adding a member to a group (i'm founder) would result in caches not being upgraded, and that user not seeing the private forums (visible when one is inside the group) until I click on regen groups & users cache.

Yes, is this a problem...or how it now works? Do you have to regen each time you add a member to a group?

paulmezz

Post by paulmezz » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:55 pm

javispedro wrote:
paulmezz wrote:No matter how I set my forum permissions, it seems to completely ignore my settings. Even if I set a forum that is not showing up to completely public it just isn't showing up.

Maybe you should have a look at cache settings?

BTW, I experienced a problem where adding a member to a group (i'm founder) would result in caches not being upgraded, and that user not seeing the private forums (visible when one is inside the group) until I click on regen groups & users cache.

I've tried regenning caches, turning the optional ones off/on, changing permissions of the cache directory (which does have files in it owned by the web server)

Thanks for the ideas... keep'em coming!

-paul

mgutt

Post by mgutt » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:44 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > mgutt : each user must have a record in phpBB group (individual user group) linked to the user with phpbb_user_table. Not having it means a severe breach in the auth security, even with a not modify phpBB. So you must to have at least as many record in phpbb_groups & phpbb_user_group than in phpbb_users tables.

yes, i understand that, but the users with "pending"-status are members of the groups as well. thats my problem.

here you see the user as a pending group member:
www.maxrev.de/files/kolbenbolzen3_105.jpg

in your auth-system he is only a member of "registered users":
www.maxrev.de/files/kolbenbolzen2_570.jpg

in the "normal" user permissions is the user member ?!?
www.maxrev.de/files/kolbenbolzen1_161.jpg

AND he can all the things a member can do.

now i think the group table is corrupted. or your mod has a problem with the auth system!
Forums: Honda || phpBB Categories Hierarchy
Mods: Spamfilter against bot registrations || Seo Urls

basskid

Post by basskid » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:07 am

Can someone please give me a clue what to do? I'd like to get this thing going asap. Thanks!

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”