[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > FountainOfApples :
- actually the full profile will be replaced by the PCP, which will be the today preferences menu. That's why I sat all existing preferences options in it ;),
- regarding the auths : all is settled in ACP/auth center/management : you choose the group, and choose the presets (or detailled auth), and that's it. Main groups to set : Administrators ("administrate" preset is often fine), Registered members (most of the time : Read, post and vote), Guest (Read and post)

I'll figure out the auths by exploration ;)
As for the Preferences menu, this MOD currently works as only the settings that are duplicated are the ones found in the current 2.0.11 Preferences section of the Profile. Probably you will release a version of Catagories Hierarchy with PCP included (yet another MOD to build in!)...

basskid

Post by basskid »

Well I got everything installed, I deleted all my old files, reinstalled a fresh copy of the files with the preinstalled cat hierarchy, and then ran the sql stuff on a fresh copy of the db, and then ran the install.php.... All is well and good, but I lost my damn admin panel.... the board was set up on angling101.com/test101 but the admin link goes back to my main web site... any ideas?

basskid

Post by basskid »

No matter what index I pull to put into the new admin folder, the link keeps reverting to the "actual" admin panel, not the admin panel from my test site. The sites run independantly of eachother, and the admin link worked before this mod... please help!!!!

NarrowPathPilgrim

Post by NarrowPathPilgrim »

Hello,
After installing this mod on my forum the site title appears twice, or if I remove the site name from the ACP it doesn't appear at all, do you know what is causing this? to see the problem you can view my site.
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas Jefferson
www.FightingForLiberty.org

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

NarrowPath: Your site title looks perfectly fine. However, the graphic that replaces the pre-installed phpBB graphic is the same as your Site Title, but other than that, your site title only appears once in the header, as far as I can see.

ludedude

groups setup

Post by ludedude »

Still having problems with the groups.

here is my analyze data

Config system groups are :
- constant: GROUP_OWN, Id: -3
- constant: GROUP_ANONYMOUS, Id: 1
- constant: GROUP_FOUNDER, Id: 285
- constant: GROUP_ADMIN, Id: 286
- constant: GROUP_REGISTERED, Id: 287

System groups are :
- Name: "Group_anonymous", Id: 1, Members count: 2
- Name: "Board_founder", Id: 285, Members count: 1
- Name: "Group_admin", Id: 286, Members count: 4
- Name: "Group_registered", Id: 287, Members count: 0

Group ids negative or zero are:
-- none --

ANONYMOUS:
- constant: ANONYMOUS, Id: -1,
- Name: "Anonymous", Id: -1, Individual group: - "", Membership:

Founder:
- Name: "Brian Verboom", Id: 2, Individual group: - "", Membership:

Founders membership:
- Name: "Brian Verboom", Id: 2, pending: No, Individual group: - "", Membership:

Individual groups missing:
- Name: "04kodiak400", Id: 157
- Name: "210-Delray", Id: 85
- Name: "500HO", Id: 36
- Name: "86 Sportsman", Id: 13
- Name: "AHAMAY", Id: 29
- Name: "Albino", Id: 130
- Name: "allan", Id: 49
- Name: "alpo47", Id: 21
- Name: "Annette Mader", Id: 9
- Name: "archer", Id: 20
- Name: "ArcticMonster", Id: 50
+many more

groups as listed in config table
group_registered --------287 1
group_founder------------285 1
group_anonymous--------1 1
group_admin--------------286 1

from groups table--------------------group_user_id-----group_user_list

287 1 Group_registered 0
1 1 Group_anonymous 155------------------1,287
286 1 Group_admin 0
285 1 Board_founder 0

If I create all the missing individual iser tables...once I hit regen....they're back....and with more it seems each time. Group Anonymouns continues to pull in member 155 when a regen is performed. So since Anonymouns is part of the registered group, that is why guests can post wherever registered can.

So how do I clean these tables up so that they do not keep reverting back to this mixed up state?

NarrowPathPilgrim

Fountain of Apples wrote: NarrowPath: Your site title looks perfectly fine. However, the graphic that replaces the pre-installed phpBB graphic is the same as your Site Title, but other than that, your site title only appears once in the header, as far as I can see.

No, I am not talking about the pages header, I am talking about the title that is on the title bar of the browser. (i.e. the <TITLE> tag)
"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be." -- Thomas Jefferson

mgutt

Post by mgutt »

NarrowPathPilgrim wrote:
Fountain of Apples wrote:NarrowPath: Your site title looks perfectly fine. However, the graphic that replaces the pre-installed phpBB graphic is the same as your Site Title, but other than that, your site title only appears once in the header, as far as I can see.

No, I am not talking about the pages header, I am talking about the title that is on the title bar of the browser. (i.e. the <TITLE> tag)

that's normal ;)
Forums: Honda || phpBB Categories Hierarchy
Mods: Spamfilter against bot registrations || Seo Urls

NarrowPathPilgrim

that's normal

Thats normal?
The title should be like this "The Computer Help Forum :: Index - Microsoft Internet Explorer" or " or "phpBB.com :: Index - Microsoft Internet Explorer"
Not like this "The Computer Help Forum :: Index - The Computer Help Forum - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

Gamble

Post by Gamble »

basskid wrote: No matter what index I pull to put into the new admin folder, the link keeps reverting to the "actual" admin panel, not the admin panel from my test site. The sites run independantly of eachother, and the admin link worked before this mod... please help!!!!

You should change the default forum directory in the old admin panel to your new install dir. Then it works fine. If you can't - change it in the SQL db.

mgutt

Post by mgutt »

NarrowPathPilgrim wrote:
that's normal

Thats normal?
The title should be like this "The Computer Help Forum :: Index - Microsoft Internet Explorer" or " or "phpBB.com :: Index - Microsoft Internet Explorer"
Not like this "The Computer Help Forum :: Index - The Computer Help Forum - Microsoft Internet Explorer"

its normal by using the categories hierarchy.

maybe it will be changed, but at this time its "normal" ;)
Forums: Honda || phpBB Categories Hierarchy
Mods: Spamfilter against bot registrations || Seo Urls

NarrowPathPilgrim

its normal by using the categories hierarchy.

maybe it will be changed, but at this time its "normal"

OK, Thanks For Your Help!

webmacster87
Former Team Member

Post by webmacster87 »

NarrowPathPilgrim: Catagories Hierarchy 2.1.0 does this on all default installations at the current time. Hopefully Ptirhiik will fix this in the future.

basskid

Post by basskid »

Which table in the database should I edit to do this? Thanks for the reply!!!

basskid

Post by basskid »

BTW: This is now an open offer. I will pay anyone who can get this mod working the way it should. PM me wiht a price and we'll get the ball rolling. I will paypal the cash the minute it works.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”