[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:23 pm

As promise, you will find the beta of Topic calendar - CH 2.1.0 edition ;:arrow: here :)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:24 pm

[*snip*]

Syrathos

Post by Syrathos » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:22 pm

Is there a User Level Modification that works with the Cat Mod, or something similar?

copper34

Please dont jump on me, I am a novice

Post by copper34 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:40 pm

I have used the search functions but there is way too much info to determine the following simple questions. Thanks for bearing with me and helping me!!!

I am running a private board that is version 2.0.3 which I have a lot of mods installed (listed here:)
  • Forum Notification (where it actually includes the posted text in the email and sends it very every post made even if you have not logged into the board since the last post.)
    Announcement Suite
    News Bar
    Smilies in Iframe
    Categories Hierarchy 2.0.4 (I cannot attach forums to the index and the message flags are not holding when we close browsers)
    Split topic type
    We have the last 10 posts showing on a different website (don't remember the mod's name)
    Spell Check
    IP Logger
    Account Activation
    Email List
1. Can I simply just add a mod or 2 to make the CH be able to attach forums to the index?

2. Can I simply make the flags stay? Is it the same mod for version 2.0.6?

3. If not, can I upgrade to the new CH 2.1.0 on my older board? I have announcement suite installed, is it easy to uninstall it as I read is neccessary to install the new CH mod? What about "split topic type?"

I have not seen the need to upgrade my board to a newer version as it is a private board (but I do now have over 1000 users on it.) Do I need to upgrade? I am afraid of losing my mods and my data!!!

If you think I need to upgrade, is there a relatively simple way to this and keep those hacks. I see that I can start fresh with this CH mod but can I then keep those other hacks?

The latest Forum Notification Hacks do NOT email with each post only one until you check the board again. I MUCH prefer the other way so busy people don't have log in all the time but can still get the info.

Thank you very much!!!

encryption

Post by encryption » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:00 pm

Ptirhiik, I'm not sure this has been answered before, but is there a way to make the USERS OF THE DAY on the index page appear expanded as opposed to contracted ?

-e-

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:38 pm

> copper34 : what I would do in your case is to make a save, get the mod install description that are not mine, then clear all phps/tpls and install onto the "installed" pack, then start to reapply mods that are not part of CH 2.1.0 (keep unread flag, sub-forums, split topic type, announces suite are all covered by CH 2.1.0 regarding the functionalities). You may encounter some problems to reinstall the other mods due to the code changes, but at least it will be simpler than attempting to install CH 2.1.0 onto your current code,

> encryption : with topic calendar CH edition comes a jscript which is designed to simplify the show/hide boxes : it may help in your case. As "user of the day" is not part of CH, I don't know where and how you can act.

copper34

Post by copper34 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 12:55 pm

Thanks!

Are there mods I could just add to the CH 2.0.4 that will give me the ability to have forums attached to the index?

Will the keep the flags mod labeled 2.0.6 work with my version 2.0.4?

If I can get both those features, do you agree I might just be safer to leave my board the way it is?

encryption

Post by encryption » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:19 pm

Users of the day is a part of CH....every fresh install of CH (premodded with phpbb) has it

at the bottom of the index page, you see where it shows all the Members who have visited the forum in a given day.... it has 3 little dots at the end where if you click on it, it will expand to reveal ALL the users of the day..... you can visit my forum to check it out

www.mercuryserver.com

-e-

trv

Post by trv » Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:57 pm

trv wrote: I have updated to 2.0.12 and to the latest CH. i've also installed the latest xs_mod. Does extended templates interfere with xs_mod? Or it is a completely different thing?

Also: is split topic mod or simple merge threads mod compatible with CH

can someone please answer? thanks :)

Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:03 pm

> encryption : ok, 'got it : you were talking about the registered users how have visited the board today list. You can change the way it works in class_stats (overwriting the parm), but I don't advice it, as it will result on a higher load of the index page (20% at your board).

danb00

Post by danb00 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:09 pm

are there any upgrade instructions to upgrade?
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB

plastikaa

Post by plastikaa » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:30 pm

check the changle log file in the download file.

Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn » Mon Feb 28, 2005 6:08 pm

I have installed the calendar beta. Most of it installes well enough. However, I can't seem to see events in the calendar. Within the forums, they are tagged as an [Event].

eyedenigh

Post by eyedenigh » Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:56 pm

woo finally upgraded to the final release after usuing one of the early beta's since october last year heh. Awesome work Ptirhiik you deserve a beer or 10.

Everything is working fine except that mods / admins names dont show up as organge etc when viewing a topic ( the do show in the whos online ) any idea's what might cause this? I was running profile cp but have not installed it again after the upgrade .. I tried replacing my theme's viewtopic_body_tpl which had the PCP code in it with the viewtopic_body from the subsilver theme which came in the pre modded pack but no change.

SupremeWeapon

Post by SupremeWeapon » Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:48 pm

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > SupremeWeapons : ok, that's what I thought : you didn't perform the renames asked by the mod, therefore you have got options that shouldn't be there. Please read the install description, and do them, except for the files within the mod that have overwritten the original ones. Another way to proceed is to clear your ftp except config.php and images/ directory, and copy in place the content of the dev211ch pack. Be sure to read the post I link sooner today on this topic.

You will also get the extensive list of what should be your admin/, but also the root or the templates/.../ directories checking the dev211ch pack. The only valid way to set the authorisations is to use the auth center/management option. There you will find the groups, including "Registered members" and "Guests" which allows to give the appropriate auths for guests and registered members, and so for the other groups you have.

sorry ive been on vacation.

i did do the instructions. i also tested out the premade one and that does the exact same thing. is there a different package or what?

edit

i just clicked your download page link and WTF t restarted y pc... thats really gay. my main pc is offline now.

edit2

ok geting another premade from your site my options in the admin cp are the same.

skinquestion for you. how exactly did you do skins? does it still carry the subsilver framework?

i have a extremepixels skin that is claimed to have the subsilver frame work. but the way you have the skin files with sme _sav_filename it has me worried.
http://gaminglegend.net/testb

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”