[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
the_bunny

Post by the_bunny »

did anybody try to adapt niels' 'fully integrated shoutbox' already? i have probs with the auths, i don't know how to set new auths for the shoutbox, because it's no forum to set auths to, but a new page (shoutbox.php). :?
i'm, just a little bunny! please treat me well...
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> The_bunny : Auths for pages will be panels auths type. A tool exists but is not yet distribute to create new panels. At this time, the only way to add them correctly is to write a patch. This tool will be part (and one of the major) of the PCP,

> Traiklin : if you apply the fix before hitting the first time the board index, or follow what I wrote sooner if you encounter the "missing sysgroups" bug, you don't have to create any sys groups : the system will create them correctly (here you are forgetting to create the constant in config table),

> sjfierce : keeping unread topics when changing profile will be only available if you choose the keep unread topics option in the ACP/config+,

> Dioncecht : you must have the auth_management auth to the parent forum in order to create a child forum. Founder members have this auth by default.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

Packs actualised this day @ 22h45 GMT.

- the fix about class_db.php is included,
- fix some typos in lang_extend_* files,
- add the sid to the install_cat redirection
the_bunny

Post by the_bunny »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > The_bunny : Auths for pages will be panels auths type. A tool exists but is not yet distribute to create new panels. At this time, the only way to add them correctly is to write a patch. This tool will be part (and one of the major) of the PCP,

k, so i'll wait. :)
Eternal2u

Post by Eternal2u »

ok gona ask once more i guess..cause my post got lost in the clutter of support replies..

But this is really important..

I need a text file to install this on a forum without having to use the premodded files..

Is there one to do that..if so where at..

I don't even really care if it's this sub categories mod..i just need a sub categories mod that does not include me replacing my index.php or any other file on my server that's being used for phpBB2 because i have spent the past 2 weeks installing and editing the forum to my liking...

That's alot of hours..and hard work to make my forums perfectly fitted to me..

So please..i'm REALLY begging you is there a text file version with only images for the diff folders included and any addon files for this sub-cat mod or any other sub cat mod that does not include premodded files.. :(

sorry if this comes off as anooying or whatever..but you can see my situation right?
->Terminality - The Next Great Text Based War Game<-
Love is like a flower... It grows, over time... and blossoms into a beautiful masterpiece... Then somebody comes by and stomps on it.
kodis

Post by kodis »

Don't know if this has been asked before.
I don't think so. I just looked into this topic quickly.

I just installed a test forum again, with the new package. It looks great.
I already have the 2.1.0 version installed (of beginning of december).

Anyway, I've got 1 question. Can I show the Who is Online- stats box completely, in the Head Categories.

like this:

Forum Index (full stats box in footer)
  • > Test Category 1 (full stats box in footer)
    • - Test Forum 1 (small stats box in footer)
  • > Test Category 2 (stats box in footer)
    • - Test Forum 2 (small stats box in footer)

Only, I got one more question. If a user did not read topics in the forums of "Test Category 2", is it possible not to show his username in the "who is online" stats box of "Test Category 2" :?:

I've got a forum in 3 languages and would like only to show the users that were really visiting the French Category e.g., and the same goes for the Dutch and German Category.

I also would like to adapt the number of Articles in the stats box, for these 3 categories.

The number of users can of course not be less, because all users are technically speaking, registered on 1 forum.
the_bunny

Post by the_bunny »

Eternal2u wrote: I need a text file to install this on a forum without having to use the premodded files..

um, did u try to download the mod-cat_hierarchy_210-pack and look into MOD-categories_hierarchy-210.txt? :roll:
u might want to compare ur own files with the given ones: BeyondCompare
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Kodis : what you are asking for seems to be a sub-board functionality. Although it is not hard to determine you are onto a head forum (the parent forum of the current forum will be equal to 0), I'm afraid getting the stats for a section (a head forum and its sub-forums) would be more tricky and quite penalizing regarding the generation page time : it would require to link the forums table to the users & sessions table in order to filter the appropriate forums (or to add the forum order to the sessions and users table), and the past visits of guests will not be filtered by section. So :
- is it doable ? yes,
- is it easy ? no,
- will it be done ? not this way, and not sure, and not now however :)

When all the various chapters of what I have in mind will be published (so CH + group management + user management essentially), I hope being able to share easely the users table within many board on the same db, what would cover your ask.
elmagnoon

Post by elmagnoon »

:D I got it working like a clock......powerfull stuff.

One question, is ther a wayt of setting the authorization while creating the forum or category? Right now what I;m doing is creating the forum first and then get into the Auths Center to set the authorization for that forum.

Great work :)
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> elmagnoon : at this time, no : I copy from the parent forum the auth_manage auth to keep the admin the auths to administrate a new forum, I'm not sure to do the same for the other auths. I have already think about this quite a lot, but haven't made really my mind about it : it can be handy in some cases, but "dangerous" in other.
sjfierce

Post by sjfierce »

Traiklin wrote:
sjfierce wrote:I have installed the latest dev pack on a fresh board. If I post a message and then log on as another user, the link "View posts since last visit" always returns zero results.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Could it be a cache issue?

it's cache & cookies, you still have the cookie from your last session on your computer. so clear out all cache & cookies and then it should return a result.

Thanks, yes I tried clearing my cookies and it worked. I see you can alter it in the ACP so the information is stored either in the database or by cookies. Brilliant.

One very small issue - When users view usergroup information, it always states "Goto page" at the bottom, even if its only one page.
plastikaa

Post by plastikaa »

So anyone feel like telling me how to move this:
[ Time: 0.794s ][ Queries: 11 (0.01s) ][ Debug on ]

As I want it somewhere else on the page as it doesnt show where I want on my forum: http://www.forum.plastikaa.com
kodis

Post by kodis »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > Kodis : would be more tricky and quite penalizing regarding the generation page time : it would require to link the forums table to the - will it be done ? not this way, and not sure, and not now however :)

I have a good idea of the tables etc... But it would indeed be a more demanding job in generation time.

Not this way?? I seemed to be easy from a point of view (from the Forum Index), to just copy the stats box like it is now. But off course I only thought of making other thing more dynamic, but it means more complex programming.

I had something the same in mind concerning the Topic Calendar:
I get all messages in different languages in the Week Calender, on top of the page. would it be possible to only show the calender messages of Head Category 1, in this Week Calendar, when browsing through Head Category 1?
There are too many topics in this calendar, and also too many topics that a user does not need, or does not find useful. And, if it's in 3 languages I get 3 times the same topic.
Off course the month calendar is allright, that 's up to the user to see the different calendar messages.
plastikaa

Post by plastikaa »

How do I edit who can view certain groups? - as I want to hide the two system groups 'admins' and 'main admins' from guests and regular members.
valval

Post by valval »

sjfierce wrote: One very small issue - When users view usergroup information, it always states "Goto page" at the bottom, even if its only one page.
that's definitely a bug, it also happens to me an fresh installs. Just click on moderators and you'll have the memberlist pagination (which obviously won't work).

Ptirhiik I need your guidance in one matter (that I, and probably many others) consider important in this mod. How can we add a new preference to a user.

Let me be more specific: a new option appear in the Options >> Board Layout (for example) which has settings: Default, Yes, No which enables a switch I put say in viewtopic.php which enables showing the auths ("You cannot post attachements in this forum" - that kind of menu)?

It would be even better if an user could set his own auth (a certain auth I make) to himself in certain forums!

So how can we do all that?

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”