[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

> Swizec : once more, please read the mod install description, and also the readme.txt included in the "installed" pack if you have used it : there are no "list", because there are no more the option. So first and before all, fix your installation.
kdaddy

Post by kdaddy »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: > kdaddy : browse the user table.

With all due respect that doesn't help because I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Remember I am a novice when it comes to the phpmyadmin. However I do appreciate you responding.
Gremlinn
Name: Nathan

Post by Gremlinn »

:arrow: kdaddy: It would appear that the Administrator was deleted from the form database. You need to look at the user table and see if you can find a user with the user_id of 2. If you don't see one, it was somehow removed. You would need to recreate a user and make his user_id=2.
HYDE666JROCK

Post by HYDE666JROCK »

How would I appropriately adapt this to CH 2.1.0 coding standards in admin_forums.php?

Note: Mod is Points System 2.1.1

Code: Select all

#
#-----[ OPEN ]------------------------------------------
#

admin/admin_forums.php

#
#-----[ FIND ]------------------------------------------
#

$statuslist .= "<option value=\"" . FORUM_LOCKED . "\" $forumlocked>" . $lang['Status_locked'] . "</option>\n"; 

#
#-----[ AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------
#

if ($row['points_disabled'])
			{
				$yes = 'selected="selected"';
			}
			else
			{
				$no = 'selected="selected"';
			}
			$pointslist = '<option value="' . TRUE . '" ' . $yes . '>' . $lang['Yes'] . '</option>';
			$pointslist .= '<option value="' . FALSE . '" ' . $no . '>' . $lang['No'] . '</option>';

#
#

'S_PRUNE_ENABLED' => $prune_enabled,

#
#

'S_POINTS_LIST' => $pointslist,

#
#

'L_DAYS' => $lang['Days'],

#
#

'L_POINTS_DISABLED' => sprintf($lang['Points_disabled'], $board_config['points_name']),

#
#

$sql = "INSERT INTO " . FORUMS_TABLE . " (forum_id, forum_name, cat_id, forum_desc, forum_order, forum_status, prune_enable" . $field_sql . ")
				VALUES ('" . $next_id . "', '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', $next_order, " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . $value_sql . ")";

#
#-----[ IN-LINE FIND ]------------------------------------------ 
#

forum_status, prune_enable

#
#-----[ IN-LINE AFTER, ADD ]------------------------------------------ 
#

, points_disabled

#
#

" . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . 

#
#

", " .  intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['points_disabled']) . 

#
#

SET forum_name = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumname']) . "', cat_id = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS[POST_CAT_URL]) . ", forum_desc = '" . str_replace("\'", "''", $HTTP_POST_VARS['forumdesc']) . "', forum_status = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['forumstatus']) . ", prune_enable = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . "

#
#

prune_enable = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['prune_enable']) . "

#
#

, points_disabled = " . intval($HTTP_POST_VARS['points_disabled']) . "

#
#-------------------------------------------------------------------------
#
FlapCat

Post by FlapCat »

Ok, I have this installed properly (followed the author's notes, then EasyMOD-ed it) and now it is showing "be sure that the install_cat/directory is deleted".....the thing is, I HAVE deleted it. It is no longer in my database. What should I do, since no one can see the index of my forum?
geoffreak

Post by geoffreak »

the install_cat isn't in the database but its in your phpbb root directory
its a folder you have to delete
Anime Revolution - Your new #1 source for All things anime and manga!
READ MY BLOG ALREADY!
Cr@ter$

Just a couple questions

Post by Cr@ter$ »

Ptirhiik, this is a fabulous mod, very nicely done! :D
I have a couple questions though, they may have been asked and answered (I'm just too lazy to search through the 180+ pages to see if they were), if they have been... sorry for being repitetive :wink:
  • 1. I've added descriptions to the main categories via the Management page under Forum Admin in the ACP, how do I make them show up?
    2. Instead of just displaying "Forum Index" for the navigation, I would like it to display with the name of my board + "Forum Index", or better yet board name + "Board Index". What do I have to change to do that? <edit> Figured out part of it (adding the board name), but how do I either remove "Forum" or change just that word? <edit> nevermind, what I did didn't work like I hoped... which was add the board name in the following line of the navigation_box.tpl:

Code: Select all

<a href="{nav.U_NAV}" title="{nav.L_NAV_DESC}" class="nav">Neptune CWC {nav.L_NAV}</a>
    3. I would like to use different folder images for global announcements from forum announcements, I know how to add them to the "legend" at the bottom of the index_body, but not sure what I need to do to make them work with your awesome mod. How do I go about accomplishing this? I do have (3) images already; new, read (not new) and "you have posted..."
My reasoning behind these questions is due to that the people I expect to attract to my board are not the most computer/internet literate group of people, and I want to have things so that they are easily understood, easy to navigate and to lessen any confusion they might have.
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

"Forum index" : edit your lang_main.php,
specific icon for generic announcement : edit your template/your_theme/your_theme.cfg
gardi

Post by gardi »

hi, I m having a problem with my smiles..(the ones i added later)

Im having this since ive installed you pack.. While i was installing your dev zip. Ive uploaded previous smiles database into the new forums data base.

The thing is. i can see my smiles in ADMIN PANEL. , yet. i cannot see them in my forum.,
they are not appearing, instead of them, the :***: appears( instead of *** put something)
how can i fix this...

thanks
Ptirhiik

Post by Ptirhiik »

ACP/Cache/management/ regen the smilies cache.
gardi

Post by gardi »

dude. i feel lik crying ,
i cannot belive a mod could be this perfect.
By the way ,sorry to go off topic. but are you planing to integrate your profile manager with this mod?
when are we going to see next version of this also.

thanks alot.
Cr@ter$

Post by Cr@ter$ »

Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: "Forum index" : edit your lang_main.php
Ahhhh... I searched for it before posting my first message but didn't find it (or passed right by it) <shrug> oh well.
:D Thank you
Ptirhiik - RPGnet-fr wrote: specific icon for generic announcement : edit your template/your_theme/your_theme.cfg
Ohhh.... DOH!... got it :lol:
:D Thanks again!
Rudy507

Post by Rudy507 »

EDIT: My bad. I found what I was looking for.

- David
Hawk-Metal

Post by Hawk-Metal »

Hello! I have no errors to report, only to say Ptirhiik big thank you for your great mod.

What I wanted to do is to write a recomendation for new function in mod. Is it possible that in future there will be some user warning system included in your mod? I found one mod, think it's called yellow card mod or something like that, but it's not compatible with category hierarchy 2.1.0, so I just wondered will you maybe include it in your mod? It's a pretty useful mod, so I tought it would be a good recomendation.

Btw, did anyone made a list of compatible mods with new CH 2.1.0.? I'm willing to write down the mods which are compatible with CH, as I tested most of them on my test boards.
Cr@ter$

Post by Cr@ter$ »

Hawk-Metal wrote: I found one mod, think it's called yellow card mod or something like that, but it's not compatible with category hierarchy 2.1.0
Huh! :? I have both mods installed and have no problems. I had the yellow card admin mod installed before discovering Ptirhiik's great mod, which I just recently installed, both are working fine. There is an additional file you need to get the yellow card to work (def_auth.tpl, I think), plus a couple sections of the yellow card install you need to skip (don't remember what sections at the moment, both sections have to do with two of the files that get renamed when install CH), then it works fine with CH 2.1.0 from what I've experienced so far. I've done a little testing on my own (as much as a novice can do) and both seem to work just fine. Not that my board has a lot of members to worry about :lol: ... yet :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”