[MODDB]Categories hierarchy - sub-forums v2.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
juiced

Post by juiced »

part of my problem is i dont understand this direction:
ensure your profile is the lower admin user (commonly user_id = 2) if you are using an existing board

I tried every one of my 'admin' accounts and not one will work. It logs me in and when i hit submit or whatever; it just brings me right back to the log-in page. :(
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

ludedude

Post by ludedude »

juiced..I'm online in my chat...I'll give you a hand.

http://www.p-o-ps.com

ashoka1

Post by ashoka1 »

lower admin user (commonly user_id = 2)

Hi, I have the same problem. What does that mean?
I have a clean untouched board. I'm the admin.
I want to start the install, but I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

I've googled and searched the forum but it brings up no accurate results, which is why I'm asking. Please give me a hand.

ludedude

Post by ludedude »

ashoka1 wrote:
lower admin user (commonly user_id = 2)

Hi, I have the same problem. What does that mean?
I have a clean untouched board. I'm the admin.
I want to start the install, but I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

I've googled and searched the forum but it brings up no accurate results, which is why I'm asking. Please give me a hand.

You as the admin must have a user id of 2. If not, however has id #2 will be the admin and hence why many have trouble accessing their admin panel. ;)

ludedude

Post by ludedude »

Question..should we still have permissions available under group admin? I'm thinking not as the Auth Center plays this role now, correct?

<edit...never mind.. forgot/missed a rename _sav_** >
Last edited by ludedude on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Szymonek

Post by Szymonek »

170 kategorii :arrow: u mnie na forum to nie do pomyślenia ale powodzenie ! :D

ashoka1

Post by ashoka1 »

You as the admin must have a user id of 2. If not, however has id #2 will be the admin and hence why many have trouble accessing their admin panel.

(Wow! That was a quick reply... I expecting weeks to go by... thanks! :D )

Okay, how do I find out if I have id2 or....
how do I give my admin account id2 status.

ludedude

Post by ludedude »

ashoka1 wrote:
You as the admin must have a user id of 2. If not, however has id #2 will be the admin and hence why many have trouble accessing their admin panel.

(Wow! That was a quick reply... I expecting weeks to go by... thanks! :D )

Okay, how do I find out if I have id2 or....
how do I give my admin account id2 status.

phpmyadmin

phpbb_users

id # 2 should be you :wink: If not...make it so 8)

ashoka1

Post by ashoka1 »

Wow boy... now I have to learn about PhpMyAdmin... :oops:
Is id2 default status on fresh installs of phpBB or is it something that most people have to change manually?

Szymonek

Post by Szymonek »

ashoka1 wrote: Wow boy... now I have to learn about PhpMyAdmin... :oops:
Is id2 default status on fresh installs of phpBB or is it something that most people have to change manually?

Excusme what topic for forum ???

ludedude

Post by ludedude »

Really people...I'm quite sure the author and those who are helping him BETA test do not need all this. I believe I'm being a nuisance with my questions, but if you do not know how to use phpmyadmin you should not be trying to install a BETA mod, you create way too many questions than should be in a BETA topic.

Just my opinion, don't want to annoy anyone. If you want basic help trying to get this installed, I don't mind helping. If they are bug questions mod related support then of course post here....if you need install help...well IMO you shouldn't be asking for it here. Enough users have it installed to prove it works. If you need help installing, please feel free to ask me at my forum www.p-o-ps.com. I'll set up a CH2.1 install forum. post away there with basic install problems, I'll try to help...I'm often online in my chat room and can help out in real time there.

I just think we need to give the author a bit of respect for what he is trying to do...test and improve a mod.

Sorry for the rant

:oops:

juiced

Post by juiced »

i suggest seeting up a copy of your database and playing with the SQL in phpmyadmin. Its just a big spreadsheet. not too hard to deal with once you get your bearings.

im personally stuck on some sort of indentifying problem. i do have my main forum up while i work on it though. I really want to explore this mod as much as i can.
Do your part in the environment! The best investment for your kids & future.

DJ04SlimShadyNo1

Post by DJ04SlimShadyNo1 »

i installed this ok but when i went to forum management i didn't see anyway to make subforums,

can anyone help me?

thanks

Budman01

Post by Budman01 »

Hello!

I've CH2.1.0 and simply-merge-threads installed, everything works fine for admins, but Moderators are not allowed to do a merge....

I made a regen in permissions but that doesn't help. Can't see any setting to allow or disallow this feature??

Any ideas?

Thanks very much, because I'm in essential need of this function....

@DJ04SlimShadyNo1
When you create a forum, you have the choice to set the parent forum. That's it. I don't know how many sub forums you can make, but for one, it's ok.

Bud

webmacster87
Former Team Member
Name: Douglas Bell

Post by webmacster87 »

At the present time, CH 2.1.0 has not been rendered compatible with any other of Ptirhiik's MODs. According to Ptirhiik, CH 2.1.0 starts a "new generation" of his MODs. Therefore, PCP and other MODs compatibility modifications will be released when CH 2.1.0 is completely finished. However, if anyone can find a way to make these two MODs work, they can feel free to post information on how to do this.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”