[BETA] Advanced IP Tools Pack

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
darakhshan

user does not exist error when replying a guest post

Post by darakhshan »

Serious bug

today I noticed when I reply to message posted by a guest
I receive

User does not exist erro

I go back and I see my reply has been posted but every time I receive the same error

I was told this is due to your mod

Any body else having this problem?

A guest can reply to a guest
but a registered user replying to a guest receives

User does not exist Error

what is the solution please reply

thanks

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: Is this mod compatible with

Post by 3Di »

dcputernut wrote: phpBB: version is 2.0.18
Categories Hierarchy: version is 2.1.4????

Thanks

could you please expand your question? 8O :D
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx.
Want to compensate me for my interest? Donate
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user
Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
:studio_microphone: Premium extensions @ The Studio

darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

change permission of a forum so that a quest can post
now post a message as a guest
then login and reply the post

what happens?

tikilab

Post by tikilab »

I have installed this mod and managed through trial and error (and copying another field and replacing it with REGIP) to add the IP address to my memberlist page (viewable only by admin). I want to do this to identify users that register twice in a row among other things. The only problem is, it's only displaying what's saved in the database and not the actual IP addresses. It displays numbers like this:

d8f6a058
cee6053f

In memberlist.php I used:

Code: Select all

$username = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['username']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['username'] : '';

if ( $username && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['submituser']) )
{
	$sql = "SELECT username, user_session_time, user_id, user_regip, user_viewemail, user_posts, user_regdate, user_firstpost, user_from, user_website, user_email, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_allowavatar 
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
		WHERE username = '$username' AND user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " LIMIT 1";
}
else
{
	$sql = "SELECT username, user_session_time, user_id, user_regip, user_viewemail, user_posts, user_regdate, user_firstpost, user_from, user_website, user_email, user_icq, user_aim, user_yim, user_msnm, user_avatar, user_avatar_type, user_allowavatar 
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
	WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "
	" . ($board_config['zero_list'] ? "AND user_posts <> 0" : "") . "
	ORDER BY $order_by";
}
and I used

<!-- BEGIN memberrow -->
	<tr> 
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">&nbsp;{memberrow.ROW_NUMBER}&nbsp;</span></td>
<td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gensmall">{memberrow.REGIP}</a></span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.PM_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gensmall">{memberrow.USERNAME}</a></span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle">&nbsp;{memberrow.EMAIL_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.FROM}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.JOINED}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.LASTVISIT}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.POSTS}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.TOPICS_STARTED}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.WWW_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END memberrow -->
in memberlist_body.tpl

Unfortunately, I'm not experienced enough to figure out how to translate these numbers into the IP addresses... is it do-able?

darakhshan

Post by darakhshan »

Please some body test this and let me know
I want to see if my problem is because of this mod

change permission of a forum so that a Guest can post

what happens?

it says user can not be found :cry:

Jane Doe

Post by Jane Doe »

darakhshan wrote: Please some body test this and let me know
I want to see if my problem is because of this mod

change permission of a forum so that a Guest can post

what happens?

it says user can not be found :cry:

Done it like you said on a heavily modded testboard with Advanced IP Tools Pack 0.32 and it works normal.

In both cases if a guest chooses a name or not, i can reply with no problems.

dcputernut

Post by dcputernut »

3Di wrote:
dcputernut wrote:phpBB: version is 2.0.18

Thanks

I am just wondering if this mod can be installed on a board that runs
phpBB: version is 2.0.18
Categories Hierarchy: version is 2.1.4

I have run across a few mods that will not work with CH Does this one?

Spinebuster

Post by Spinebuster »

tikilab wrote: I have installed this mod and managed through trial and error (and copying another field and replacing it with REGIP) to add the IP address to my memberlist page (viewable only by admin). I want to do this to identify users that register twice in a row among other things. The only problem is, it's only displaying what's saved in the database and not the actual IP addresses. It displays numbers like this:

d8f6a058
cee6053f

In memberlist.php I used:

$username = ( !empty($HTTP_POST_VARS['username']) ) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['username'] : '';

if ( $username && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['submituser']) )
{
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
		WHERE username = '$username' AND user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . " LIMIT 1";
}
else
{
		FROM " . USERS_TABLE . "
	WHERE user_id <> " . ANONYMOUS . "
	" . ($board_config['zero_list'] ? "AND user_posts <> 0" : "") . "
	ORDER BY $order_by";
}
and I used

<!-- BEGIN memberrow -->
	<tr> 
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall">&nbsp;{memberrow.ROW_NUMBER}&nbsp;</span></td>
<td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gensmall">{memberrow.REGIP}</a></span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.PM_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center"><span class="gensmall"><a href="{memberrow.U_VIEWPROFILE}" class="gensmall">{memberrow.USERNAME}</a></span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle">&nbsp;{memberrow.EMAIL_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.FROM}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.JOINED}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.LASTVISIT}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.POSTS}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center" valign="middle"><span class="gensmall">{memberrow.TOPICS_STARTED}</span></td>
	  <td class="{memberrow.ROW_CLASS}" align="center">&nbsp;{memberrow.WWW_IMG}&nbsp;</td>
	</tr>
	<!-- END memberrow -->
in memberlist_body.tpl

Unfortunately, I'm not experienced enough to figure out how to translate these numbers into the IP addresses... is it do-able?

You will need to use decode_ip, look for that word in includes/usercp_viewprofile and you should be able to get it to do what you want.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

tikilab wrote: I have installed this mod and managed through trial and error (and copying another field and replacing it with REGIP) to add the IP address to my memberlist page (viewable only by admin). I want to do this to identify users that register twice in a row among other things. The only problem is, it's only displaying what's saved in the database and not the actual IP addresses. It displays numbers like this:

d8f6a058
cee6053f

See this in the KB on how to use the decode_ip() and encode_ip() functions.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

pentapenguin
Former Team Member

Post by pentapenguin »

dcputernut wrote: I am just wondering if this mod can be installed on a board that runs

I think it will but I'm not 100% sure.
Keep a backup and if it doesn't work, you can always uninstall.
Support Resources: Support Request Template
If you need professional assistance with your board, please contact me for my reasonable rates.

3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

dcputernut wrote:
3Di wrote:
dcputernut wrote:phpBB: version is 2.0.18

Thanks

I am just wondering if this mod can be installed on a board that runs

I did it on a live CH 2.1.4 board I have, everything works fine (just some fixes on the script i made in order to get the right finds, AFAIR) except for a thing, related to the ADMIN logs, i'm on the traks of that 'issue' to see if it is a real one.
greets

MCPB

Post by MCPB »

Hey guys, Alot to read.. I hope I did not miss this..

But is all this only viewable to Admin only? Or does it show the IPs to all users?

Thanks!

3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

MCPB wrote: Hey guys, Alot to read.. I hope I did not miss this..

But is all this only viewable to Admin only? Or does it show the IPs to all users?

Thanks!

admins and mods but if you read the whole topic you'll find a solution for only admins.
greets

MCPB

Post by MCPB »

good response time!!

So does it let all mods see it all the time or only in the fourms they are mods in?

3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

MCPB wrote: good response time!!

So does it let all mods see it all the time or only in the fourms they are mods in?

all the time..

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”