OT: Portal experts, need your opinion.

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
lesm

OT: Portal experts, need your opinion.

Post by lesm »

I have a site, a normal one. No fancies just plain HTML, plus some php, java, asp, CGI’s and stuff like that. Some 3500 pages and an overall 11,000 files, including phpBB2 and RA sound clips.

I wish to make it looking better but don't have the time to rebuild it. Besides, I'm waiting and waiting for the phpBB Portal but can't wait anymore.

Can you recommend the best choice to enhance my site. Is it a portal the right way to do it? If so, which one? I don't wish a cluttered portal looking site, full of text nobody reads and with the real meat hidden somewhere. What I wish is to copy and paste my pages text into a well formatted php, java or whatever. Is that possible?

ICWizards

Post by ICWizards »

Yes but it wont be easy.
PHP-Nuke is a good option and can be integrated with phpbb2.0.0 (2.0.1 support soon) look at http://bbtonuke.sourceforge.net and www.php-nuke.org for details.

To put it into a time-frame myself and one other person (plus a graphics artist) have been working for about 75 days making the port (and PHPLayersMenu1.1.6) look really great at our site http://www.icwizards.net - we reckon its the bestlooking site in the world (or will be in another few days when we're finished) but we're bias!

Not that but we also have to make some modules of our own to do the functions we want/need our site to offer.

nexialys

hum..better idea...

Post by nexialys »

you can wait a day or two, the time we release our pre-release version 1. ?!

www.mx-system.com
-=nexia=-

i'm not god, i'm a nexialist... god is perfect.. i try to make it weak.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”