[ABD] Forum AI v0.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
natedog

Post by natedog »

I didnt see any where in the run first file on how to get this to log you in.

http://66.246.87.162/~madkille/forums/m ... nstall.php

Says I need to be logged in first? which I already am? :)

any help? Thanks.

RMS

Post by RMS »

...hmm, I just installed this and it seems to work fine, but there might be a bug. I'm fairly certain it worked beforehand (though not absolutely sure) but after I installed this, I can't seem to be able to assign my topic icons (mod installed) to posts anymore. Ones done before are still there though.
Might this be the reason, or would this have absolutely nothing to do with it?
This is my signature.

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

RMS wrote: ...hmm, I just installed this and it seems to work fine,...I can't seem to be able to assign my topic icons (mod installed) to posts anymore.

i have the msgicon mod installed... and it does not interfere..

Eltargrim Irithyl

Post by Eltargrim Irithyl »

natedog wrote: I didnt see any where in the run first file on how to get this to log you in.

http://66.246.87.162/~madkille/forums/m ... nstall.php

Says I need to be logged in first? which I already am? :)

any help? Thanks.

You need to be logged onto your forum with your admin account first, then run the install

[[MAL]]

Post by [[MAL]] »

mr.luc wrote: @ [[MAL]]

i'm not quit sure if the functions_search have to be included.
Correct if my thinking is wrong:

the add_search_words adds the words to the search function so the posts can be more quickly found. i do not know if i want people to find hundreds of "stupid bot postings" if they are looking for something seriously.

and does the function add a lot of load to the system? (on a heavy traffic board).?

I'm not sure if it has to be included. However, without the file included, it fails on the following statement. With it included, it works fine. Unfortunately i'm not enough of a phpbb guru to be able to give you a definitive answer on this one.

Basically I went through the file correcting any mistakes I came across in order to get it working.

Also, with regards to server load - i'm not sure, my board is not all that busy at present so I cant tell you for sure.

Since making that original post i've discovered another bug that occurs when the bot tries to make a post with an apostrophe (') in it. I've been attempting to alter the preg_replace regex to strip them out, with no success so far.

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

[[MAL]] wrote: without the file included, it fails on the following statement. With it included, it works fine.

NO!!!!!
i meant if the add_search_words function has to be included
thats the function that needs the include('functions_search');
you can rem out both!
[[MAL]] wrote: Since making that original post i've discovered another bug that occurs when the bot tries to make a post with an apostrophe (') in it. I've been attempting to alter the preg_replace regex to strip them out, with no success so far.

i ran into the same problem writing my modification of the script..
check out 1 page back (45). i posted the script thats running on my server with a few modifications. I think i got rid of the problem.
i'm not sure, but in 100 posts no error..

the only bug it has, it that though it quotes the user by name, it can't handle quotes of quotes :x
but i'm going to exclude double quotes so that the bot won't answer if there is a quote

i think you can run the script as a cronjob to.

RMS

Post by RMS »

mr.luc wrote: i have the msgicon mod installed... and it does not interfere..

Ah ok, you're right. I just made a mistake in installing. :)

...then I was wondering, if it would be possible to load this bot somehow onto irc?
This is my signature.

daghoul

Genius!

Post by daghoul »

First I would just like to say AWESOME mod!! Thanks for making it, it's created a lot of amusing mayhem on my boards :D
There's a couple of little bugs I can't seem to find the fix for, though, n I'd like to get them smoothed out :) It might be something I've forgotten to download/do. I did download and install the aiml (alice and the other pack) from the website, though. I'm running version 2.0.4 of phpbb. The bugs are:

When you say something like "make me laugh", the bot will say "OK I will make me laugh" ie, not replace "me" with "you." While sometimes the result is funny, I'd like to fix it if possible :)

Also, when it does gender condition checks, the <condition> tags show up in the post. I read that some had had problems with <br> and adding them to the HTML tags for the site fixed it, so I took a chance and added condition to accepted tags for the board, but it didn't work :(

Thanks for any help you can offer :)

993ti

Post by 993ti »

Can it be used with smartor's chatbox mod v1.19g?
I read every page of this thread and i found a post mentioning it but he/she didn't get an answer.

I installed it with the chatbox and the bot is in the chatroom but it doesn't reply.
It does reply on the forums.
Grtz
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition!
Admin of Twenteracingscene
Streetcars
Aibo-forum
iRobot Roomba and Scooba for sale
Faqs Board
Online Sales

mr.luc

Re: Genius!

Post by mr.luc »

daghoul wrote: When you say something like "make me laugh", the bot will say "OK I will make me laugh" ie, not replace "me" with "you." While sometimes the result is funny, I'd like to fix it if possible :)

Also, when it does gender condition checks, the <condition> tags show up in the post. I read that some had had problems with <br> and adding them to the HTML tags for the site fixed it

Yup that reminds me....
while looking through the startup XML file i saw a whole series of replacements. me -> you also for the basic smilies :) -> smile
a.s.o

i did a fresh install and looked for those replacements in the db...and did not find anything
actually I renamed the file to something like startup.aiml and loaded it

got the answer: ok -> 0 templates loaded

maybe thats part of the problem?

Second issue,
at the aiml site (cant remember the addy, i'm in the office and got the addy at home) i found another bot called ANNA. she's supposed to be more "humanlike" than ALICE. I read she did beat her at some contest-
The files need a bit editig (some tags not closed) and splitting (some big files make my localhost stall)
i finally loaded her but the result was rather disappointing, at least in the chat.
because if i repeat three times in a row: "my eyes are green" she would answer 3 times in a row: green is a nice color!
I think ALICE would give different anwers. but again i'm not sure.

if someone's interested i could upload the files tomorow.

Luc

illona

Post by illona »

Brilliant, fantastic mod, which I want to help develop, but I'm having trouble with the install.

1. Install.php won't run
I'm getting the same problem as natedog, in that when running http://www.bloodlust.uk.com/phpBB2/mods/iai/install.php - it's asking me to login. So I log in, run it again and it asks me to log in. Ad infinitum. As a result I've installed all the tables and contents manually by pulling out all the statements manually.

2. Second Issue - Install PHP won't run

I'm also getting problems accessing AI Settings

Code: Select all

"could not query config information"
- corresponding code in admin_iai_ai.php is:

$sql = "SELECT *
	FROM " . IAI_BOT_T;
if(!$result = $db->sql_query($sql))
{
	message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not query config information", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}
and PM settings

"Could  not query bot information"
in my admin panel. The corresponding code in admin_iai_pm.php is:

$sql = "SELECT *
	FROM " . IAI_BOT_T;
{
	message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not query bot information", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
I know the error is the " and .- has anyone else got this or are my files being corrupted somehow? So, change to:

$sql =  'SELECT *
	FROM IAI_BOT_T';

{

and upload. Clicking PM settings in the Admin panel now works :D . Clicking submit, doesn't :? :

General Error 
Couldn't update Forum AI configuration.

This mod is designed for MySQL so please contact the author if you have troubles. If you can offer a translation of the SQL into other database formats, please send them to:
zemaj@palgn.com 
I also did same with admin_iai_ai.php:

$sql = 'SELECT * FROM IAI_BOT_T';

{
	message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, "Could not query config information", "", __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
}
and uploaded. And the AI settings DO come up. :D :D :D

So, lets set AI settings. Click submit, and get:

General Error 
Couldn't update Forum AI configuration.

This mod is designed for MySQL so please contact the author if you have troubles. If you can offer a translation of the SQL into other database formats, please send them to:
zemaj@palgn.com 
:?

Are we talking syntax here? I'm running db's on MySQL 3.23.32.

Appreciate a kick-start, I sooooooooo want to develop this.

Thanks

illona

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

i had a similar problem when installing the first time...

the bot settings only come up if you finished the installation without error, because its the last thing it writes into the bot.table

happened to me..
but it was my settings.. i wassn't in sessions
the problem was:
the cookie path in the general board configuration
after i set it to \ (a simple backslash) and nothing else
it worked fine...
second mistake:
i used my username as a cookie name
after putting in mxyzetptlk as a cookie name it worked ...

all problems are related...
if your not logged in the way it wants you to
it won't be able to access everything..

another problem... (stupid me)
i gave the subdir iai a wrong name when copying the files...
i had called it aia :oops:
result it created the tables sending out warnings but the tables hat the wrong name..
called iai_bot_t
instead of iai_bot
thats because it couldn't access the constants...
so make sure you have a clean, 2.04, properly configured.. and you should have no probs...

L.

illona

Post by illona »

OK thanks. I have a test board so I'll just reinstall the forum from scratch then re-install ai from scratch. Fingers crossed! :D

'llona
xx

993ti

Post by 993ti »

illona wrote:
Brilliant, fantastic mod, which I want to help develop, but I'm having trouble with the install.

1. Install.php won't run
I'm getting the same problem as natedog, in that when running http://www.bloodlust.uk.com/phpBB2/mods/iai/install.php - it's asking me to login. So I log in, run it again and it asks me to log in. Ad infinitum. As a result I've installed all the tables and contents manually by pulling out all the statements manually.

i also had that problem but i just commented the lines like this.

In install.php
//if( !$userdata['session_logged_in'] )
//{
// message_die(GENERAL_MESSAGE, "Please login before trying to use this IAI installation script.");
//}

It worked for me but you still have to be logged in as an admin.
Grtz
Don't steal, the government doesn't like competition!
Admin of Twenteracingscene
Streetcars
Aibo-forum
iRobot Roomba and Scooba for sale
Faqs Board
Online Sales

zemaj

Post by zemaj »

You can't just install the files from install.php manually it need to run a lot more than just the sql queries (it also sets up the brain).

Run uninstall.php, then do that commenting out of the login stuff and then run install.php again. Weird how it's not worknig.

-zem

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”