[ABD] Forum AI v0.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

As I said, here is Anna!
You can download the original files at sourceforge:
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/anna ... p?download

I patched the files so they would load in my phpbb:
here they are:
http://207.44.163.250/anna/anna_patched.zip

What I did in case someone wondered:
I split up some of the files, because even though they were about 200k the somehow wouldn't load in my Phpbb (must be the coding - with alice 1mb files load)

they must be using a client that doesn't care about some tags not being closed. had to edit a dozen tags in 3 or 4 files.

I didn't really test her.. just a little bit.. she is called anna, is about 20 years old and comes from atlanta.. and like alice she doesn't really want to have sex with me :roll:

Actually i don't know what happens if you install her on top of alice (without the option "overwrite conflicting templates")
---------------------------------------------------------

@ zemaj:

in the installation of iai, there is a startup.xml file. it contains the info about the personality. would be interested where the <substitutions> in startup.XML load..

the part just above (the personality) loads in the iai_bot table, that I saw. but could't find the substitutions..
thanx!

Luc

zemaj

Post by zemaj »

The subs don't load. You would have had to have chmoded a file in order to get it to work and since no one but developers would use it I thought for ease-of-use it would be simpler to leave it out. The file's called subs.inc or something. You can edit that file directly if you can figure it out.

Either that or just use preg_replace() in the php - often more reliable.

Interesting... ANNA... more AIML files huh? And you say she sounds different? Did you keep the old AIML files and add these as extra?

-zem

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

well i just tested her in the chat of the /bot dir

actually i can't remember :oops:
i think i loaded the standard files and then her..

with the option overwrite conflicting templates..

if I have time, i'll test her after having installed alice and just loading the files afterwords.. (there must be a couple of new templates )

actually the files need more editing.. i saw a part where the authors added remarks like:
after a random couple of atlanta restaurants
// add her favorite restaurants here...

and also for school and so on..
there is lots more random stuff than with alice

I'll check the files..

If i have time on sunday, i'll set up a test-board, with both brainfiles installed... i wonder which one i should install first.. obviously some templates will get overwritten.

std, alice, anna?
or an other sequence...

I have no idea what is better.

illona

It worked!

Post by illona »

Uninstalled my test board, re-installed it and installed AI from scratch.

TEST BOARD

I'll play around with it there for a while as there are a few things I want it to do.

Thanks for your help guys.

ills
xx

RMS

Post by RMS »

...ok, I kinda confused...weren't some of the availible modified files originally from Anna?

Also, do some of those files overlap, because I recall finding the part (I think) of how the bot responds to things when it has no idea what it's talking about in one set, but I assumed that since I never saw any of those answers, but instead a bunch of stupider sounding things like how "My brain pattern set does not have a response for that" and "My brain contains 34666 categories, but not one that matches your last input."
What file do I need to edit to remove these types of responses?
This is my signature.

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

to modify, take a part of an answer an and do a search...

nope..
alice was the original:

you can also download others here...
http://www.alicebot.org/downloads/
AIML Sets
Many AIML sets are offered under the GPL or similar licenses. Please check the license for any AIML that you plan to use. We are grateful to all botmasters who make their AIML publicly available in this fashion.

Standard AIML
The Standard AIML was based on Richard Wallace's A.L.I.C.E. AIML set (see below), from the Program B era. This is intended to become a generic AIML set, and will gradually be trimmed down to be a non-personality specific AIML set. It will contain various styles of AIML to give the botmaster several examples from which to learn.

Richard Wallace's A.L.I.C.E.
The original Loebner Prizewinner herself. These AIML files are actively maintained by Richard Wallace at his San Francisco headquarters. This is the same AIML used to power the original A.L.I.C.E. that you can talk to on this site!

AnnaBot
From the site: "Anna is designed to [be] a bot capable of passing the Turing Test in the context of the Loebner Prize Competition. Anna is based on the work of ALICE. Alice won the Loebner prize in 2000 and 2001. Alice, however, does not stand a chance of passing the Turing Test. Why? Alice was designed for other uses, such as answering website questions. Alice, while being an excellent bot, can not pass the Turing test under the current paradigm. Thus, Anna is designed to take the Alice design and make it better. Anna has her own personality and her own life - Anna is becoming human."

Jean-Louis Campion's French AIML
This is a beta version of the French AIML used by Jean-Louis Campion's French bots, viewable at http://magisterludi.eisti.fr/AliceBot.

German AIML
This is Christian Droßmann's famous German AIML. This version is provided by Christian as "standalone", meaning that it does not need to be supplemented with other AIML.

Indonesian AIML
Utuomo Muhammad Isa has provided this link to his set of Indonesian AIML. This is still a work in progress. For more information about Alicebot efforts in Bahasa Indonesia, see the Indonesian Alice mailing list.

Maria: Italian AIML
Sandro Pons provides this Italian AIML set.

btw there is a bot called charlie
you can download the aiml files at:
http://www.cocoanutstech.com/charliedownloads.html
but chat with him first.. on the main page
i didn't bother.. he sounded rather sad, like someone forced to talk with you...

and.. if you want to modify your bot.. there is a good tutorial at:
http://www.pandorabots.com/pandora/pics ... orial.html

Luc

illona

Post by illona »

mr.luc wrote: ... i wonder which one i should install first.. obviously some templates will get overwritten.

std, alice, anna?
or an other sequence...

I've combined the alice and anna files together and am in the process of taking out duplicates. (the majority of the files were identical but some good stuff added, like 'wuzzuppp' :lol: )

But that poses an interesting question while I am getting to grips with the code:

What order does bot look at these files? does it go through the 'std' files first? or the letters/numbers/subjects ?

Would like to get these 'base' aiml files in my brain before I start teaching him things.

Has anyone seen bot respond to a lot of data before? it responds to each sentence. quite funny actually.

zemaj

Post by zemaj »

You don't need to remove duplicates, the system won't load them twice. Just load ALICE then load ANNA on top. You choose overwrite if you want your bot to respond more like ANNA and no overwrite if you want her to respond more like ALICE.

The bot looks at the files all at once. If you have several files with the same user input match then if, when installing, you have overwrite off then only the first will be stored in the brain, but with overwrite on when installing only the last will be recorded.

You can't have two templates with the same user input match in the brain (e.g. you couldn't have two templates using <pattern>I LIKE *</pattern> in the brain.

-zem

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

OK, i finally also installed a testsite.
http://207.44.163.250/forum2/index.php

- i tried to group all the iai hacks installed in 1 forum
- anna is installed on top of std and alice (with overwrite)
- post delay is not installed but described in one post
- there also is a link to the chatbox so you can test the bot a bit more quickly!

zemaj wrote: You don't need to remove duplicates, the system won't load them twice. Just load ALICE then load ANNA on top. You choose overwrite if you want your bot to respond more like ANNA and no overwrite if you want her to respond more like ALICE.

does that meen:

taking the i like * pattern

if alice likes live music and anna likes listening to pre-recorded music

if i load both files is it not possible to get the "new" bot to like both.

if i load anna after alice without overwrite she will like live music, and with overwrite she will like pre-recorde music unless i manually merge the 2 files?

RawketCato

Post by RawketCato »

is there a way to record the chat records tha happen in /bot?

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

Keeping the bot from replying to smilies

ok i just added the phpbb smilies to subs.inc

it was really a pain in the ....
because i didn't know which characters you had to slash or not..
and it didn't give any errors she just responded badly to everything...

i finally got it working.. i won't post the file here because it would be to long..

so do the following:
in the mods/iai/includes directory
rename your subs.inc to subs.bak

grab the subs.inc i have patched here:
http://207.44.163.250/anna/subs_inc.zip

i replaced the 22 smilies with nothing
except 9 of them that have been replaced with "smile"
she will react to them by saying something like: i'm glad you think thats funny... a.s.o

PS
I usually dont let people download modded files, but in this case, if you just put 1 space wrong the whole thing won't work.

I hope i upped the right version :oops:

So if it doesn't work for you, just delete the file and rename your old file back to subs.inc

Luc

mr.luc

Post by mr.luc »

ups sorry please delete.. this one.. not the one above...
(i edited and went back and forward.. and suddenly i had posted a quote of myself :oops: )

barrowfc

Post by barrowfc »

Ok, I've installed this (on top of a few other mods) and the chat box is working fine and also the debug page is working fine.
However, like a few others it doesn't reply to anything on the forum. I initially tried only one forum but when that wasn't working opened it up to all the forums. It still doesn't work. I even tried wiping the brain and uploading the aiml files again. Still nada.

(I did have to install the aiml files in chunks of about 7-8 instead of all of them at once as that timed out, but I presume that they are just added on top.)

Any ideas anyone? forum can be found at :
http://www.barrowfc.com/barrow/bb/phpBB2/

TIA,
Rich

illona

Post by illona »

You need to manually register a name for your bot. When the user name's active, it'll post.

Your post didn't say whether you'd done that or not :)

barrowfc

Post by barrowfc »

ta for the quick response,

Yep, I created a new user and assigned that name to the bot. Even played around with upper and lower case to see if that was the problem.

Should have really said that first post but after reading 47 pages of this your mind does forget a few things :)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”