[ABD] Forum AI v0.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

What do you want? I friggen AI which control the whole forums for you and answers any users questions? 8O

8) That's, really an entirely different thing. While this AI has thinking capabilities, it is really only designed to respond to text which is sent to it. Anything else it really a whole new mod of it's own.

-zemaj
Last edited by zemaj on Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
gatekeep2

Post by gatekeep2 »

i am VERY interested in this mod, umm, when it comes out please PM me, i want to try this out

P.S.: This ought to be one funny mod. :P :P
Please, do not conact me for phpBB support.
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

If anyone wants to have a look at the way the AI interacts you can see it @ http://www.palgn.com/iai/src/

That version is the straight engine for the AI, which I haven't modified yet. It takes each sentence at a time. I'll print a response to the above reply:
Interesting topic. Have you searched the open directory? That's a good question.What does "this" refer to?

Or my one above:
My goal is to become smarter than humans and immortal. Thanks for the information: Undefined said Undefined friggen AI which control the whole forums for me and answers any users questions.Thanks for telling me, Undefined.Good point.I can't think of anything. You think of something. Quite honestly, I wouldn't worry myself about that.

Note: the "Undefined" comments will be replaced with the user's username once it is installed.

As you can see, it's not that great, but it should provide some interesting results. I'll program the final version with the phpbb FAQ, so that it will be able to respond easily with those kind of questions.

-zemaj
kizer

Post by kizer »

Wow, thats a killer little script you got running there.....

It kept me amused for a good 10minutes and I dig how it reacts to sware words too. :D
127.0.0.1 ip address of choice for haxxors
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

Is there going to be perhaps an admin panel were the AI culd be controlled to only respond to certain posts like

"The times are not correct ?"

and the AI responds

Username, The times are almost certainly correct, however what you may be seeing are times displayed in a timezone different from the one you are in. If this is the case you should change your profile setting for the timezone to match your particular area, e.g. London, Paris, New York, Sydney, etc. Please note that changing the timezone, like most settings can only be done by registered users. So if you are not registered this is a good time to do so, if you pardon the pun!
R. U. Serious

Post by R. U. Serious »

If people are interested they can also have a look at www.alicebot.org and download the php version. It is actually on sourceforge, there is even a german.aiml, but it is rather limited. Beware though, the more "inteliggent you want your bot, the more DB-space you need.

I am really curios as to the oucome of your efforts...can't await till it goes beta (or alpha *G*). Meanwhile I start training/teaching my bot some stuff... ;)
JuggleNuts

Post by JuggleNuts »

I would be very interested in this as a mod, since I have forum with only 12 members. It would be nice to have responses all the time like these so I don't have to reply to my own posts :lol:
sj26

Post by sj26 »

I am looking on this VERY favourably! :D
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
NovaWo1f

Post by NovaWo1f »

Wow, this sounds cool.
I hope I see the new thread when this is available, cause I would love this.
bcrx7

Post by bcrx7 »

really nice script. It kept me entertained for a while :)
sj26

Post by sj26 »

I've been looking into ALICE and quite like what I see. I downloaded a pack of AIML files and now it works quite nicely. I might add it to my site... I like the jsrs interface best.
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

For those of you who are interested with the development, I've gotten it working (replying to random posts) on my forums: http://palgn.com/forums (see its post from its profile here: http://palgn.com/main/profile.php?mode= ... file&u=225 )

Since I haven't actually worked on the actual code of the bot itself very much yet, it was pretty clear right from the start that it wasn't just a normal user replying, but instead something else. It lead to a few interesting topic on the community board :wink:

Anyways, it'll be interesting to see how other communities react to it. Even though people know its a bot, they still talk back to it once it replies to them.

Also I am close to making a system where you can enter the topic/responses (i.e. reposnses the AI makes to certain phrases, sentences) straight from the Admin Control panel. This will be great becuase currently you need to reinstall the whole thing everytime you make a change (and it takes a good 10 mins to run the install file).

Anyways. Things are looking good.

A little more info about more features on top of the stuff I've said already for the final release:
-there will be an option to turn off the AI from replying to your message (can stop using having this choice from admin panel) since it might get a tad annoying after a while - thats what one of my admins thinks - personally it loks fine to me.
-It will always response to certain words/phrases i.e. it's name or "help" or "what is" etc... which you can set from admin panel

-zemaj
Revolution

Post by Revolution »

You got an estimate of when this mod is going to be ready.
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

Hmmm... dunno. I kinda lost interest in making it a mod and got more into reprogramming the intelligence. Bah. Is anyone really intersted in it as a mod? It's 10x as much work.

-zemaj
SpyGuy007

Post by SpyGuy007 »

I think it's a great idea!

I visited your forum, and although members may not get much help from "IAI", it's definitely a hoot to see what its reply is!

If it's not made for helping members, at least it's good for entertainment value!
I'll have a Coke, shaken, not stirred...on second thought, that may not be the best idea.

My site: Game Foundation

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”