[ABD] Forum AI v0.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
netclectic
Former Team Member

Post by netclectic »

yeah, i agree. it's a great idea for a mod.

if you don't want to mod it yourself perhaps some other kind soul(s) would be willing.

you can count me in.
Defend the game:
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

Ok, ok, I make it a mod.

It just seemed there was little interest, so I kinda got bored with moding it. I really should do one of these some time and since this mod is good I guess it might as well be this one.

-zemaj
RMS

Post by RMS »

I would definately like to see this, especially if I can assign it to one main support forum and at least answer all the annoying simple questions about stuff that people always come around asking.
...and of course to fill up room :)
This is my signature.
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

BTW - has anyone got a list of the type of stuff they want it to answer?

I'll add the FAQ, but is there anything else?

-zemaj
Acer

heh

Post by Acer »

How is this mod coming along?
RMS

Post by RMS »

what kind of questions does it already answer?

Isn't there a way to kinda insert a vague question outline, and an answer you would want it to give, manually?
This is my signature.
DPK

Post by DPK »

Please do this mod, I'd love to use something like this on my forums. I run a forum dedicated to a racing game series and there are always newbs asking the same basic questions over and over. It would be nice to have a bot reply to them for us.

:)
See those lights up in the distance? That's me; just try and catch up.
SK

Post by SK »

Dont call your bot Hal however. :)
Steve-G

Post by Steve-G »

zemaj wrote: BTW - has anyone got a list of the type of stuff they want it to answer?

It would be nice to be able to configure your own answers to questions. :)

But this mod sounds very pleasing!
radmanics

Post by radmanics »

this sounds very cool.

i think i would be a great addision to any rpg mod that is eva finish (hint hint lol). I think the main thing that it would be useful form and rpg point of view would be to keep up with character stats etc, though this would probally require alot of post coding.... :P

also, could it be used as an "admin" bot for when your away to the board running to a certain extent?
sj26

Post by sj26 »

radmanics wrote: i think i would be a great addision to any rpg mod that is eva finish (hint hint lol). I think the main thing that it would be useful form and rpg point of view would be to keep up with character stats etc, though this would probally require alot of post coding.... :P

Watch it! comments like that slow me down ;)

I don't know whether this could be used in RPG Mod. it's mainly a chat bot. it doesn't process stuff (to my knowledge). I've got it set up on the left han dside of my forums. it's got a hell of a lot of weird gossip by now ;) :: Talk to ALICE
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

Ughhh....

Ok, here's an update. I've unable to get on my comp for more than an hour or so in the last 5 days, so I've been pretty stuck for doing stuff, but I am working on it.

I'm actually jumping in the deep end and spending most my time redesigning it's thought processes, so that it's actually intelligent. I'm not going to be releasing the "intelligent" version for a while untill I'm sure it's umm.... well let's just say I don't think this kind of symbiotic network has been used before, so I think I should watch it to see the implications before I do release it.

Anyways, I am making only a slightly more powerfull than the norm version which will be fully integrated with phpBB forums in about 4 days or so. It'll have the forum FAQ built in and the ablity to add new AIML responses (read www.alicebot.org for info about them) plus a bunch of other stuff you'll see when you get it.

-zemaj
spectre

Post by spectre »

Thats great! This sounds like it could be one of the best mods out there. No pressure :wink:

Your efforts are much appreciated... Thanks
radmanics

Post by radmanics »

lol, sj26, only joking mate :D

i understand if it cant do the kinda thing that i said, cause that would probally require alot of code as i said, but then again, it is only maths, isnt it?

lol, keep going :)
sj26

Post by sj26 »

yeah, I know. :D
It might be possible to use ALICE to battle, using custom 'plugin' functions, but this would require a whole new AIML set. I was thinking of using ALICE originally as an RPG bot, but I don't think it would be the best option. It would be pretty slow... I will probably end up coding my own 'AI' for RPG Mod, perhaps based on ALICE in some ways, but mainly hard-coded reasoning. The problem will be trying to make it adapt to the custom battle systems where people change items and stuff...
[ Working on: It's a secret! ]
[ Links: My Mods | My Site | PALGN ]

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”