[ABD] Forum AI v0.2.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
DanielT
Former Team Member

Post by DanielT »

woohoo

its working

alice (my bot) is alive again

and no stupid undefied stuff and blank posts r gone

i say 10 out of 10 for a good follow up version

im just about to install chat box mod and see what thats like
FireFalcon

Post by FireFalcon »

This version works very well, i'm really surprised at what the AI can do with all the stuff installed, the AI ended up flirting with me over PMs... XD

As for those AIML files that are hard to upload, upload them alone in safe mode, it'll take a while (around 5 mins for me) but it will upload them.

I encountered a little problem though, the AI deletes the Messages sent to it from a users sentbox, i dont think that is a wanted side-effect.
RyanGatewood

Hey, im getting an error

Post by RyanGatewood »

Every time i post in my forums with the bot turned off, i get the following error.

Code: Select all

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: get_defined_functions() in /home/sites/site6/web/forums/mods/iai/includes/iai_functions.php on line 1459
look at http://www.generalsxtreme.com/forums/mods/iai/debug/ for the debug thing, and http://www.generalsxtreme.com/forums/ to see me forums.
zemaj

Post by zemaj »

Ok, I had to come on to tell someone something I forgot yesterday. I'll just answer a few q's while I'm here:

supercool: No. Maybe on a later version, or as a side mod. I don't really like the idea (why wait when you can have the answer straight away?) but I can see why people would want it, so I will look into it for the future.

FireFalcon: The deleting pm thing IS deliberate. If you know a little php you can look at the code and simply delete the section that does it (I've made it obvious - it's in the IAI private message function in functions_post.php). However thwe reason I took it out, is that when people start talking to it for a while I really clogs up your outbox/the bot's inbox. The message don't appear to be read, so can get very annoying - that's why the function does it.

RyanGatewood: You are not running a recent enough version of php. Have a look at docs/requiments.txt IAI v0.2.0 can not run in your version of php.

And on the issue of files taking a while to load: what Lazer said is right. Use the safe mode option and/or make the files smaller. However, like DanielT said; unless you are running safe mode then the files should load eventually, they will just take a very long time. There's nothing that can be done about that, unfortunately.

Ok, this will be the last time I'm on. Thanks for offering help; Lazer and netclectic. I'm glad there's not coding problems. Hope you all enjoy it!

-zemaj
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

Good work zemaj. All seems working great now and the chatbox intergration is a cool part of this release - I recommend anyone running forum AI to atleast give the Smartor Chatbox a try 8)

The one feature that I agree would be nice to have (maybe even make as an option or delay parameter to set via admin) would be the ability to not allow the bot to respond immediatly but set a delay. Two reasons for this off the top of my head:

-I do get an occasional fluke where the bot response beats my original msg whereas the reply lists before my post.

-At first it seemed kinda cool to not tell people about the bot and sit back and watch some of the reactions and people thinking it was a real person but the timestamp and immediate reply becomes a dead giveaway. But I really don't know if setting a delay too long may cause a slowdown that effects board overall performance so could be a good or bad thing. If not though, a random delay setting of 1 to 5 minutes would really be neat.

I may start working on some AIML files myself soon. I would really like to add more responses that included bbcode - smilies and I have succeeded in a couple small tests.
FireFalcon

Post by FireFalcon »

I know, it was explained in the code, i read it before i installed it. It is very good that the bot deletes the PMs send to it. But it appears that it deletes the messages from a Users PM sentbox, so my Users can't see what they wrote her because the PMs disappear.
It's not a problem though, don't think much will even realize that.
veilside

Post by veilside »

my bot Luvie

posts her replies "ABOVE" the person she replies to

o_O

http://www.bskzone.com/talk/viewtopic.php?p=15446#15446
dc3.ca

Post by dc3.ca »

errr... I installed the bot and its working fine, one problem though, it doesn't save the attributes i gave it (eg. its name, its favourite band, its gender) etc.... you know, the one in the forum ai settings. so when i asked it what its name was it said "My name is ." Well I tried to chmod the folder to 777 but then i remembered its data is kept on the db. can someone help out? why isnt it writing onto the db? am i missing a table?

err... sorry if this has been already answered, ill check the other 22 pages to see if its there.... but can someone help?

also it doesnt seem to be sending pms.
SPORK!
FireFalcon

Post by FireFalcon »

Upload and let it learn the .aiml files, especially the std_... ones, without these, the settings wont be used, since the code for the questions is in these files.
DanielT
Former Team Member

Post by DanielT »

veilside wrote: my bot Luvie

o_O

WOW i cant realy see anything to many screenshots way to messy

also;
bskzone.com version 4.0 | powered by SteveS © 1998-2002

are u aware that you are allowed to remove the copyright from you forum footer but you will get no support here if you do

</support>
supercool

Post by supercool »

DanielT wrote:
veilside wrote:my bot Luvie

o_O

WOW i cant realy see anything to many screenshots way to messy

also;
bskzone.com version 4.0 | powered by SteveS © 1998-2002

are u aware that you are allowed to remove the copyright from you forum footer but you will get no support here if you do

</support>

*phew*
i thought it was just my mozilla gone crazy
if ( $clue == 'none' ) { read ( sig & avatar rules | forum rules ) && search ( forums | google ) }
if ( $answer == 0 ) {
post->question }
lazy robot

Post by lazy robot »

I need help....

I get this 10 second time limit reached error so I run the thing in safe mode and I still have the problem with any AIML files bigger than about 250 kb. So I just deleated the big ones and installed the rest. But does anybody know how to split the aiml files?
LaZeR

Post by LaZeR »

lazy robot wrote: I need help....

I get this 10 second time limit reached error so I run the thing in safe mode and I still have the problem with any AIML files bigger than about 250 kb. So I just deleated the big ones and installed the rest. But does anybody know how to split the aiml files?

Yea, check back a page or two in this thread. Just open them up in a text editor and copy/paste from them basically just have the <aiml> tag at the beginning and </aiml> at the end of each one.
lazy robot

Post by lazy robot »

thanx
:-D

Post by :-D »

My bot is posting every where how can I make her stop and only post in oen forums I did the forum settings it dont seem to work :cry:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”