[BETA] Dice BBCode Version 0.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zachary Aerogos

[BETA] Dice BBCode Version 0.2.4

Post by Zachary Aerogos »

Dice BBCode

(Projected Release Date: 0.2.4 Released - December 25th, 2004)

This is the Dice MOD BBCode developed originally by Jeff Leigh and taken over by Hades. I have decided to take over this project after Hades was inactive for about six months and seemed to have abandoned it. As of yet I have not actually made any modifications to this MOD except updating the Install.txt and correcting the Code to meet up to the lastest Multi BBCode Requirements.

Features
  • - Multiple Dice Rolls In One Post

- LIMITED Number of Dice & Sides to Prevent Fatal Errors

Coming Soon
  • RPG Stats Roll - Allow Person(s) who like to interact in TEXT-Based RPG's on Forums to Roll Their Stats With This MOD.
    • EXAMPLE:

[DICE RPG]2d6*6[/DICE RPG]
    Ending in Basic Stats for in RPG it would generate such as: STR, VIT, AGL, SPR, MAG, EVA or something similar
- 0% Complete

[ADDED] Hidden Dice Roll Viewable by only ADMIN's, MOD's, & Special Groups - Suggestion by niksa - 20% Complete

Next Release Version 1.0.0

1.0.0 Multi-BBCode 1.4.0c Version
  • - Completely Compatable with phpBB 2.0.13 and with Multi BBCode 1.4.0c
    - Translations into Both Spanish & French
Progression : ||||||||||

1.0.0 Non-Multi-BBCode 1.40 Version
  • - Completely Compatable with phpBB 2.0.13

1.0.0 Special ADMIN | MOD | GM Version
  • - Completely Compatable with phpBB 2.0.13 with Multi BBCode 1.4.0c
    - Only ADMIN | MOD | GM may view the roll and GM RP accordingly

Here is the mod:

Dice BBCode Version 0.2.4 Download:
DOWNLOAD

Dice BBCode Version 0.2.4 French Translation Download MOD :
Download Here

I know its not much but any suggestions for this MOD you may have I am willing to hear or rather read...

UPDATED:

NEW NEWS in a Similar Possibly soon to be integrated MOD:
RP Stats MOD
Last edited by Zachary Aerogos on Fri Mar 11, 2005 5:06 pm, edited 10 times in total.
niksa

Post by niksa »

Neat! :) I always loved this mod. I'm going to give you a suggestion, but it may be too difficult or not very useful, but I thought I'd just throw it out there since it was requested on my forum a while ago.

Many of the threads we had included dice rolls that were "secret" - only DMs (moderators) should view them, but they should stay in the thread. For example, off the top of my head.. if two people in a group of adventurers are whispering a murderous plot, the DM might ask for listen rolls. It's more mysterious for everyone if no one knows who heard the plot just by looking at their rolls. Of course, it can always go to PM, but then it can be lost or it has to be sent to multiple DMs. Also, sometimes you just don't want other people to see what you got on your rolls if you're secretive (think of the kender and the rogues.. ;) )

I guess what I'm suggesting is a hidden-dice tag where the rolls are visible only to moderators.

Is this too weird of an idea to implement, or too difficult? Can this even be done with a tag? Right now, my posters just use PMs, but it's messy sometimes.

In any case, good luck with this mod, I will definitely be watching the thread. :D
Zachary Aerogos

I Like It

I Like You Idea and It May Not Be Too Hard To Pull Off Actually I Know There is or Was A BBCODE That Was View Able Only To Certain Mods but I am going to improve upon your point idea like this...

Instead of just MODS...

A Special Group without Moderating powers so it is not so exclusive and they can see it too I think I could pull this off with a bit of time and some labor a month or so should be enough to release 1.2.5 version of this BBCode MOD.

Though I'm no php expert this shouldn't be extremely difficult. I will ADD You Idea and give you credit for the idea in the next install.txt as it is your idea.
Zachary Aerogos

It Can Be Done

I hate Double Posting, but I'd rather this topic not get lost just yet...

I can easily do you suggestion after examing the BBCode Called "MOD BBCode" I see it is quite easy and though I'd have to manually make an extra level for members to be able to do it the MOD would still be rather simple but a lot better all around.
Smokeydogg

Post by Smokeydogg »

this mod is rather useless consider i have no idea how to use it cause no one told me how you even roll
Zachary Aerogos

Install it and check your BBCode FAQ and you'll know exactly how...
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

I had translated v. 1.2.3 in French, and it's a big hit on the French Board ! :)
So I'll definitely follow this one up and translate it when I have time.

I have a remark however : the new version of MultiBBcode doesn't include this part as far as I know :

Code: Select all

$EMBB_widths = array('' 
$EMBB_values = array(''
Also, with phpBB 2.0.11, I got problems with other BBcodes (when pressing the Dice button, you get the code of another bbcode).

To fix this, I removed the part of the code above, and added this in posting_body.tpl :

<td><span class="genmed"> 
			  <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="d" name="addbbcode36" value="Dice" style="width: 50px" onclick="bbstyle(36)" onmouseover="helpline('d')" />
			  </span></td>
Change the "36" by the biggest number of addbbcode +2 and it works as it should again. :)
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
niksa

Re: It Can Be Done

Post by niksa »

Zachary Aerogos wrote: I hate Double Posting, but I'd rather this topic not get lost just yet...

I can easily do you suggestion after examing the BBCode Called "MOD BBCode" I see it is quite easy and though I'd have to manually make an extra level for members to be able to do it the MOD would still be rather simple but a lot better all around.

Cool! :D It would be really useful for this mod, I think.
Zachary Aerogos

Currently testing on Test Forum To See Results Should Know In A Day or So...
Zachary Aerogos

Q-Zar wrote: I had translated v. 1.2.3 in French, and it's a big hit on the French Board ! :)
So I'll definitely follow this one up and translate it when I have time.

I have a remark however : the new version of MultiBBcode doesn't include this part as far as I know :

$EMBB_widths = array('' 
$EMBB_values = array(''
Also, with phpBB 2.0.11, I got problems with other BBcodes (when pressing the Dice button, you get the code of another bbcode).

To fix this, I removed the part of the code above, and added this in posting_body.tpl :

<td><span class="genmed"> 
			  <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="d" name="addbbcode36" value="Dice" style="width: 50px" onclick="bbstyle(36)" onmouseover="helpline('d')" />
			  </span></td>
Change the "36" by the biggest number of addbbcode +2 and it works as it should again. :)

Hmm I misssed your post completely...

Anyways to my knowledge that is there with my Multi BBCode 1.4.1 I'll check again..

I'll fix that part in the install.txt as well...

If you want I could begin a translation in a bit

Translation Progress: ||||||||||||||||||| - Complete

I will release the French Translation with my newest add-on by New Years...
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

I just checked, it is not present with 1.4.0.
This is from the "update 1.2.1 to 1.4.0" text file :

# 
#-----[ OPEN ]---------------------------------
# 
posting.php

# 
#-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
#
// MULTI BBCODE-begin
//NOTE: the first element of each array must be ''   Add new elements AFTER the ''
$EMBB_keys = array('') ;
$EMBB_widths = array('') ;
$EMBB_values = array('') ;

for ($i=1; $i<count($EMBB_values); $i++)
{
	// load BBcode MODs info
	$val = ($i*2)+16 ;
	$template->assign_block_vars('MultiBB', array(
		'KEY' => $EMBB_keys[$i],
		'NAME' => "addbbcode$val",
		'WIDTH' => $EMBB_widths[$i],
		'VALUE' => $EMBB_values[$i],
		'STYLE' => "bbstyle($val)")
	);
}
// MULTI BBCODE-end
# 
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------ 
#
Multi_BBCode();
I don't know what Multi BBcode exactly does, but I saw I didn't need it to install the bbcode easily so, maybe we could just forget it ?
And if you translate it in French I won't have to :P Then you can also post in on the French board (as I said it's a big hit ;))
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Zachary Aerogos

Seems You Are Correct I shall change it so and translate that...

Shouldn't be hard..

The Translation is done but I haven't tested my newest feature so I cannot release it just yet...
The Numen, Kuberr

Post by The Numen, Kuberr »

Hey, I got this error when trying to install your mod with EasyMod:
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/bbcode.php] could not find:

// [email protected] code..
$patterns[] = "#\[email\]([a-z0-9\-_.]+?@[\w\-]+\.([\w\-\.]+\.)?[\w]+)\[/email\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['email'];
$text = preg_replace($patterns, $replacements, $text);

Can you tell me what the problem is?
Zachary Aerogos

It is not yet compatable with EasyMOD's Latest Version something I hope to correct shortly, install it manually or wait a week and get the next version. I had to set it back cause I've had soem internet problems as of late
dpmcalister

Post by dpmcalister »

Is there any chance you could release this in ZIP format rather than RAR please? Thanks.

Edit: Don't worry, managed to find WinRAR :D

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”