[BETA] Dice BBCode Version 0.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zachary Aerogos

Post by Zachary Aerogos »

Okay Things are looking decent I'm sorry about this critical wait but I am having problems at my site bvut rest assure I am working hard on the DICE MOD... Anyways I wanted to point out that it does work with the latest MULTI BBCode as I have it now but I might make a second one for non-Multi-BBCode users...

Any More Suggestions aside from the MODerator one (Will be re3leased seperatly as a different type unti lI can make a control panel for to decide permissions...
Q-Zar

Post by Q-Zar »

I'd suggest making a non-multi-bbcode-user version as well yes, it juste makes things easier if you don't have to install two mods (which would double the chance of people making mistakes ^^)
Traductions : Cash Mod v2.2.2 (Getting Started) / Dice Mod v1.2.3 / Activity Mod Plus 1.0.8
Remember this. Please read the F.A.Q/Troubleshooting of a mod before asking questions.
Zachary Aerogos

I am currently on that...

Currently

English Versions:

Multi-BBCode needed MOD
No Multi BBCode Needed

Spanish & French

Multi-BBCode needed MOD
No Multi BBCode Needed

Once I finish some unfinished business I can get to some serious reworkign and geth this out by January's end
Zachary Aerogos

BAD NEWS

I lost a large chunk of my files in a cleaning, so I'll have to redo the following for the 1.2.5 UPGRADE.

1.2.5 Multi-BBCode 1.4.0 Version

• - Completely Compatable with phpBB 2.0.11 and with Multi BBCode 1.4.0
    - Translations into Both Spanish & French
1.2.5 Non-Multi-BBCode 1.40 Version
  • - Completely Compatable with phpBB 2.0.11
1.2.5 Special ADMIN | MOD | GM Version
  • - Completely Compatable with phpBB 2.0.11 with Multi BBCode 1.4.0
    - Only ADMIN | MOD | GM may view the roll and GM RP accordingly
Thats my update I'm gonna have some major time as my site is look like its good to go and relaunch soon I can now focus more on this Dice MOD.

~ Zachary Aerogos of the Farwinds[/b]
blueace1

Post by blueace1 »

niksa wrote: Many of the threads we had included dice rolls that were "secret" - only DMs (moderators) should view them, but they should stay in the thread.
Hi there !

Just to give you some ideas, because i don't know if you almost finish to develop this MOD with this funcionnality.

Here is what I did on me RPG forum on phpBB 2.0.11 (now every things work fine with the MultiBBcode and the 2.0.11 for me)

I created a BBcode [secret=dest] that only allow the poster and dest to see the message.
And of course, you can do something like that :
[secret=dest][dice]1d20[/dice][/secret]

Simple and nice ! :D

The forum is in french, sorry guys, but just in case you want to test:
http://www.aidedd.org/parties-f14/balise-dice-t121.html
Last edited by blueace1 on Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blueace1

Post by blueace1 »

Q-Zar wrote: #-----[ FIND ]---------------------------------
$EMBB_keys = array('') ;
$EMBB_widths = array('') ;
$EMBB_values = array('') ;
#-----[ REPLACE WITH ]------------------------------------------
Multi_BBCode();[/code]

I don't know what Multi BBcode exactly does...
It's the same:

Code: Select all

function Multi_BBCode()
{
     $hotkeys = array('', 'd', 'e', 'g', 'h', 'j', 'k', 'm', 'n', 'r', 't', 'v', 'x', 'y', 'z', '1', '2', '3', '4', '5', '6', '7', '8', '9', '0');
	$EMBB_widths = array('') ;
	$EMBB_values = array('') ;
For 2.0.11, you should have something like:

In posting.php:

$EMBB_keys = array('','m','s','d') ;
$EMBB_widths = array('','30','50','40') ;
$EMBB_values = array('','Mj','PjMj','Dice') ;
In postinh_body.tpl

....			<td><span class="genmed"> 
			  <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="w" name="addbbcode16" value="URL" style="text-decoration: underline; width: 40px" onClick="bbstyle(16)" onMouseOver="helpline('w')" />
			  </span></td>

<!-- BEGIN MultiBB -->
			<td><span class="genmed">
			  <input type="button" class="button" accesskey="{MultiBB.KEY}" name="{MultiBB.NAME}" value="{MultiBB.VALUE}" style="width: {MultiBB.WIDTH}px" onClick="{MultiBB.STYLE}" onMouseOver="helpline('{MultiBB.KEY}')" />
			  </span></td>
			<!-- END MultiBB -->
These last lines will include ALL the new BBCode you added.

:wink:
Zachary Aerogos

Well I'm working on it bit by bit and it will come together and I will release a complete package soon enough I hope
falerin

Post by falerin »

the old version available elsewhere as a zip archive is nonfunctional with the newer bbcode and the linux rar utility seems rather displeased by the rar archive as it currently sits for some reason..

A zip version would be handy...

I am rather interested in the gm mod too...

Falerin
Zachary Aerogos

I am aware of that inconvenance but you most realize WinRar is a more efficient program I will do them in both far the next version on though
Tora

Post by Tora »

Zachary Aerogos wrote: Install it and check your BBCode FAQ and you'll know exactly how...

Sorry, if I sound stupid - but where do I find the BBCode FAQ?? :oops:
Niagol

Post by Niagol »

The code for the current dice mod when rolling d100 uses a ten digit + one digit methodology that makes it only possible to roll 0 - 99. In order to roll an actuall 100 sided die you must add one to the roll. This is the code change I made to do this.

Find:

if( $Die_Type == 100 ) 
            { 
               $value1 = (integer)(((double)mt_rand()/(double)mt_getrandmax()) * 10) * 10; 
               $value2 = (integer)(((double)mt_rand()/(double)mt_getrandmax()) * 10); 
               $total = $total + ($value1 + $value2); 
               $footer = ($i != $Die_Count - 1) ? $footer . $value1 . '+' . $value2 . '(' .($value1 + $value2) . '<b></b>), ' : $footer .  $value1 . '+' . $value2 . '(' . ($value1 + $value2) . '<b></b>)'; 
            } 
Change to:

if( $Die_Type == 100 ) 
            { 
               $value1 = (integer)(((double)mt_rand()/(double)mt_getrandmax()) * 10) * 10; 
               $value2 = (integer)(((double)mt_rand()/(double)mt_getrandmax()) * 10); 
               $diehun = ($value1 + $value2) + 1;
               $total = $total + $diehun; 
               $footer = ($i != $Die_Count - 1) ? $footer . $diehun . '<b></b>, ' : $footer .  $diehun . '<b></b>'; 
            } 
Zachary Aerogos

[UPDATE] Dice MOD Ver. 1.2.5 UPDATES

See The First Post For Progression Bars.

Currently:

Dice MOD with Multi-BBCode [COMPLETE] - French Translation for this version complete - Spanish Nearly Complete

Dice MOD without MULTI BBCOE [INCOMPLETE]

Special Dice MOD Edition [INCOMPLETE]
Zachary Aerogos

K just notifying people I'm still working on this MOD
JennyH
Name: Jenny H

Post by JennyH »

:D I'm looking forward to your mod release. Multi BBCode Mod doesn't seem to like my board... every time I tried to install your mod I get an parse error in bbcodes.php (+ some 'header is already sent' messages...) and can't see the Dice BB Button while posting.

This line (around line 88 in bbcode.php)

eval($tpl);
seems to be the problem. When I delete this line, the error disappears, but still no buttons. Same with bbcode.tpl -- with erasing this, the error disappears too with same effect like above.
I've tested and reinstalled it many times, still the same erorr.

I hope for your Dice Mod without Multi BB Codes needed. I'd be glad to test it for you in our RPG Forum. :-)

Greetings
Jenny
Zachary Aerogos

I appreciate it but I am testing on a live enviroment right now so soon enough lets hope...

the problem is mostliky if you have so many MOD's installed it can be interfering then you need to know php to change...

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”