[BETA] Dice BBCode Version 0.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Zachary Aerogos

Post by Zachary Aerogos »

It could be just one minor space or something you could just add that one line and delete it completely from the install text then run it
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

Hello,

Please read http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=266307
section 2 and implement a correct version no.

That is less than 1.0.0 for initial developments, or with an odd y number (x.y.z) for development versions greater than a 1.0.0 release version.

If you feel that your MOD is of 1.0.0 quality please submit to the MODDB.

Thank you,
Systems Engineering
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

Zachary, I found the issue with why many are having issues. Your version for download seems to have errors in it...

Extra spaces

Let me explain, I was getting errors on line 500 of includes/bbcode.php which reads as follows

$text = preg_replace("#\[dice\]([-\s\w+/*]*?)\[/dice\]#i", "[dice:$uid]\\1 = $dice_seed[ /dice:$uid ]$limit", $text, 1);

now, I compared it to one you made for 2.0.5 and saw where the issue was.. its right here

$text = preg_replace("#\[dice\]([-\s\w+/*]*?)\[/dice\]#i", "[dice:$uid]\\1 = $dice_seed[ /dice:$uid ]$limit", $text, 1);

this isnt just in one spot. for example, the issue with the
Critical Error

FIND FAILED: In file [includes/bbcode.php] could not find:

//[ email]user@domain.tld[/email ]code..
$patterns[] = "#\[email\]([a-z0-9\-_.]+?@[\w\-]+\.([\w\-\.]+\.)?[\w]+)\[/email\]#si";
$replacements[] = $bbcode_tpl['email'];
$text = preg_replace($patterns, $replacements, $text);

is caused by the fact that the php has no spaces in front of the email or behind the /email

This problem is rampant in the version you had for download. Please fix :D
Zachary Aerogos

smithy_dll wrote: Hello,

Please read http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=266307
section 2 and implement a correct version no.

That is less than 1.0.0 for initial developments, or with an odd y number (x.y.z) for development versions greater than a 1.0.0 release version.

If you feel that your MOD is of 1.0.0 quality please submit to the MODDB.

Thank you.

Thanks for the 411 MOD team but it was already 1.x.x when I picked up on this MOD and chaning below would make it seem a downgrade to previous users I mean its not such a inconveniance that its above it is it?

Also thanks for the EM solution I thought something might have been up with that
Dungeon Master

Post by Dungeon Master »

Valareos, That's exactly the kind of error I get. I'm going to look this way....
Halfbat

Post by Halfbat »

Lovely MOD, Zachary Aerogos, and thanks for running with it.

I too am getting the errors when using EasyMod in the same area Valareos mentioned (good spot, V, btw), and were mentioned earlier. I have raw 2.0.11 plus the pre-req ONLY. I know you were looking at it before you had problems, but are the fixes due soonish? (I am a complete newbie to php so am trying to use EasyMod...) ;-)

Cheers

In the meantime, Valareos, what should the code look like on that line, ta? I can't see where the space (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE is the error) actually.
Have fun,
Zachary Aerogos

I have work all weekend so not likely until after school monday...
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

Halfbat wrote: In the meantime, Valareos, what should the code look like on that line, ta? I can't see where the space (T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE is the error) actually.

Yea, took me a bit to realize to see it. Paste the line that the error appears in here and let me see if I can spot it. (just the line, open the offending file in notepad, the status bar is invaluable for this type of trouble shooting, if you dont see it go to view, then status bar, gives you line and column listing)

If your refering to the line I posted, it SHOULD look like this

$text = preg_replace("#\[dice\]([-\s\w+/*]*?)\[/dice\]#i", "[dice:$uid]\\1 = $dice_seed[/dice:$uid]$limit", $text, 1);

it is [/dice:$uid]
NOT[ /dice:$uid ]

im having a few troubles still, the dice and everything works for me now after changes, but I know I missed something, I cant just click on the dice tag (or any others lol) Looking foward to the fix :D
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

and yea, I know, I got no skill in programming mods, I just have enough skill to debug them :P
Zachary Aerogos

I'[ve gota job interview but maybe late tonite
Brand

Post by Brand »

I can't find the lines in includes/bbcode.php

Code: Select all

$EMBB_widths = array('' 
$EMBB_values = array('' 
I also tried to install with easy mod but it wouldn't work. I do have the multi bb code mod installed. I hope this isn't me just being a dumbass.
Megaten Haven - A forum for Shin Megami Tensei
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

Brand wrote: I can't find the lines in includes/bbcode.php

$EMBB_widths = array('' 
$EMBB_values = array('' 
I also tried to install with easy mod but it wouldn't work. I do have the multi bb code mod installed. I hope this isn't me just being a dumbass.

If you installed multi bb code correctly, it should be around line 44.

line 34 should read

// MULTI BBCODE-begin

if these dont match reinstall multi bbcode
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

btw, if your trying to download the dicemod, zachs server changed a bit and he hasnt updated his shortcut. use this instead

http://24.34.111.96/downloads/mod%20-%2 ... bbcode.zip

same place, without the port reference :P
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

ok ok last post I promise. I got the dice mod working perfectly! later today ill post instructions on how to patch zachs dicemod :P and zach can incorperate it into his version, then continue working on new things lol
Valareos

Post by Valareos »

Ok, ive gotten everything working the way it should, here is the fixes to the dice mod you need to make to get it to work. Zach, Great Mod, I know your busy, so thats why I went ahead and posted this.

Any issues with THIS version I can probably answer as far as install questions (I swear I dream this code now, I stared at it long enough guhh)

please note these are modifications to his current version, NOT your php files.

ok here we go

On line 109, replace
//[ email]user@domain.tld[/email ]code..
with
//[email]user@domain.tld[/email]code.. 

on line 314, replace
with
$text = preg_replace("#\[dice\]([-\s\w+/*]*?)\[/dice\]#i", "[dice:$uid]\\1 = $dice_seed[/dice:$uid]$limit", $text, 1);
I THINk that is it. any other issues, feel free to post the exact issue, line number, ect (and your forum link) and I can try to assist in troubleshooting it for you.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”