[ABD] WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor for Post and Private Message

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
eCardMax.com

[ABD] WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor for Post and Private Message

Post by eCardMax.com » Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:30 am

##############################################
## MOD Title: WYSIWYG - Rich Text Editor 3.0 for Post and Private Message
## MOD Author: Jimbo Hong http://www.HotEditor.com
## MOD Description: Format your post or private message like you working with FrontPage
##
## MOD Version: 3.0
##
## Installation Level: Intermediate
## Installation Time: ~20 minutes
##
## Files To Edit (6) :
## phpbb/viewtopic.php + posting.php + privmsg.php
## phpbb/includes/topic_review.php
## phpbb/templates/subSilver/overall_header.tpl + posting_body.tpl
##
## Included Files (2) :
## phpbb/templates/subSilver/posting_body_ie.tpl
## phpbb/get_vars.php

## Included new Folder (1) : richedit
##
###############################################

Last year I've submitted this MOD (V.2) here
http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=

Today, I came back with the new version, I've rewritten the code to make the Editor runs better than before. You can see it runs on my site here

http://HotEditor.com/
http://HotEditor.com/phpbb/index.php

Download and try it out here
http://www.hoteditor.com/how_to_phpbb2.php

Please try out my MOD, report the bugs if you find it, I will try my best to anwser your questions ASAP.

Hope you guys will like it.

Happy New Year!
Jim

Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon » Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:16 pm

Wow!

EDIT:
I dont want image uploading!!!

EDIT2:
The Overall Header updates dont work on the skin I am using so although the box works, the acual post is code.
I should have known this was to good to be true :(
Last edited by Mini_Dragon on Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xmulder

Post by xmulder » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:51 pm

has the bug where junk is returned if you use the search feature with the "Return Posts" instead of "Return Topics" been fixed?

Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon » Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:59 pm

I get code after I submit the text :(
Im using the smooth blue skin and I couldnt do the overall_header update!

xmulder

Post by xmulder » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:29 am

xmulder wrote: has the bug where junk is returned if you use the search feature with the "Return Posts" instead of "Return Topics" been fixed?

?

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:58 am

Mini_Dragon wrote: Wow!

Sums it up in a word, outstanding work :D
Customisations Team Member

eCardMax.com

Post by eCardMax.com » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:24 am

Mini_Dragon wrote: Wow!

EDIT:
I dont want image uploading!!!

>>It's easy to turn off upload feature - Use Text editor to open file editor.js - change code

Code: Select all

var btUpload =1;
to

var btUpload =0;
EDIT2:
The Overall Header updates dont work on the skin I am using so although the box works, the acual post is code.
I should have known this was to good to be true :(

>> Edit file overrall_header will let you apply Font Face to the text
The code below

font,th,td,p { font-family: {T_FONTFACE1} }
wont let you change Font Face. So I have to edit it like this (take out font)

th,td,p { font-family: {T_FONTFACE1} }
If you see all HTML code when you post the message then I guess you didn't edit the script files correctly.

Please try again.

Jim

onigumo

Post by onigumo » Wed Dec 29, 2004 10:41 am

Is there a way to make it so that this Rich Text Editor format is not the default but is the alternative that can be chosen by the member?
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon » Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:30 pm

What code do you think I would need to re edit?

Also:
I tried what you said for Edit 2 but the skins are to customized :(

ptlis

Post by ptlis » Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:18 pm

Looks good but there are a few problems I encountered with your demo paged, firstly the copy, cut & paste buttons don't work on Firefox 1.0 on Linux (Debian Sarge incase you need specifics, it comes up with the following JavaScript Error for all three: http://img55.exs.cx/img55/8575/screenshot8nq.png (linked for largeness).

Now this actually looks like it could be a problem with Firefox itself and not your code, so it might be worth submitting a bug report to the Mozilla bugzilla and seeing what they say. The other thing may or may not be a bug; but when I try to use it to change the font of a piece of text, all the fonts appear the same (this is possibly because the fonts you've specified appear to be ones distributed by Windows only but as I use Linux solely I can't be sure).

Anyway, good job, looks good. I might consider using it in the future if these little bugs are fixed.

ptlis
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.....my life is my own.

xmulder

Post by xmulder » Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:38 pm

xmulder wrote: has the bug where junk is returned if you use the search feature with the "Return Posts" instead of "Return Topics" been fixed?

Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 2:57 pm

I think so..

Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon » Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:53 pm

EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104Introducing the Rich Text Editor!EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104Now, you can see the changes to your post, as you type.EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104STRONGEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104This text is boldEDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/STRONGEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104I was able to see that it was bold, while I typed it!EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104 EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104Oh, and:EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104IMG src="/forums/richedit/wordarts/2.gif"EDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104

Thats what I get now when I typed a message!

eCardMax.com

Post by eCardMax.com » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:11 am

--->Yes, this bug has been fixed
I encountered with your demo paged, firstly the copy, cut & paste buttons don't work on Firefox 1.0 on Linux (Debian Sarge incase you need specifics, it comes up with the following JavaScript Error for all three: http://img55.exs.cx/img55/8575/screenshot8nq.png (linked for largeness).
To protect users' private information, unprivileged scripts cannot invoke the Cut, Copy, and Paste commands in the Mozilla rich text editor, so the corresponding buttons on the Mozilla Rich Text Editing demo page will not work. To enable these functions for purposes of the demo, you must modify your browser preferences.

Quit Mozilla. If you have Quick Launch running (in Windows, an icon in the toolbar), quit that too.
Find your Mozilla profile directory. On Windows, this is often located in c://WINNT/Profiles/<your Windows login>/Application Data/Mozilla.
Open the user.js file from that directory in a text editor. If there's no user.js file, create one.
Add these lines to user.js:

user_pref("capability.policy.policynames", "allowclipboard");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.sites", "http://www.mozilla.org");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.cutcopy", "allAccess");
user_pref("capability.policy.allowclipboard.Clipboard.paste", "allAccess");

Save the file, and restart Mozilla. The Clipboard buttons should now function.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is there a way to make it so that this Rich Text Editor format is not the default but is the alternative that can be chosen by the member?

---> Yes, it is. You will see this feature tomorrow. I already updated my MOD, still testing on it.
Thats what I get now when I typed a message!
EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104Introducing the Rich Text Editor!EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104/DIVEDITOR_CLOSETAG_457104EDITOR_OPENTAG_457104DIVEDITOR

--->It seems that you are using the old version of HotEditor. Can I see your board?

Mini_Dragon

Post by Mini_Dragon » Fri Dec 31, 2004 1:59 am

I just un instaleld the mod (And re installing phpBB cause of some errors)

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”