[ABD] WYSIWYG Rich Text Editor for Post and Private Message

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
coreissue

Post by coreissue » Mon Aug 22, 2005 1:54 pm

I am guessing you mean the double space between paragraphs.

That can be annoying at times and I am not always sure why it happens. Usually has something to do with some formating.

If that is it then at the end of the line hold down shift and then hit enter. Should give a singe return.

Also, highlighting and clicking the remove format button can often fix it as well.

Maybe that will help.

xkustoms

Post by xkustoms » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:09 pm

subscribe

rungok

Warning

Post by rungok » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:38 am

You should be really sceptic to this mod. It works ok, but all the messages are stored in the database with modified html like: #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#. The #ed_op#-word is tag begin, and the #ed_cl# is tag-end. What happenes if you fill your db with all this crap, and you want to convert to another bb like vBulletin or phpbb v3. Then you should hope this developer continues his work for free.

Why not use XML instead? STANDARDS are here for a reason!

coreissue

Re: Warning

Post by coreissue » Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:41 pm

rungok wrote: You should be really sceptic to this mod. It works ok, but all the messages are stored in the database with modified html like: #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#. The #ed_op#-word is tag begin, and the #ed_cl# is tag-end. What happenes if you fill your db with all this crap, and you want to convert to another bb like vBulletin or phpbb v3. Then you should hope this developer continues his work for free.

Why not use XML instead? STANDARDS are here for a reason!

What would I do? Run it through find and replace to replace the tags. I already did that once to test it out.

I am not about to buy VB I really don't like it.

So, until something better comes out I stick with it because the standard editor cannot do what I NEED it to do.Why do you think I switched???

Now, if you have an alernative that will allow me to copy and paste in formated definitions, lists and such and not strip out every indent, numbering and organizing system I would be happy to take a look.

Really.

What is your XML alternative I can use?

64bitguy
Name: Steph

Post by 64bitguy » Sun Oct 16, 2005 9:56 pm

I really don't like the fact the this editor is non-W3C Compliant both in terms of the editor itself being on the screen, but also the format of preview data, etc..., but on top of that, it also inserts code that shouldn't be there into the database.

I'm really looking for any information regarding regular TinyMCE integration into phpBB and elimination of the phpBB bbcode functions altogether (in favor of using TinyMCE for those functions. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

Leonida

Post by Leonida » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:09 pm

I've installed this mod on phpbb 2.0.17 and it work fine except for the upload image (the feature I need).
When I try to upload an image and I clik on upload now button I get this error:

Code: Select all

Please upload file with extension .gif or .jpg or .png
The image file is ok as you can see here (sorry I've used SM forum demo as phpbb one is hacked).

Thanks in advance, .L.

coreissue

Post by coreissue » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:55 pm

Leonida wrote: I've installed this mod on phpbb 2.0.17 and it work fine except for the upload image (the feature I need).
When I try to upload an image and I clik on upload now button I get this error:

Code: Select all

Please upload file with extension .gif or .jpg or .png
The image file is ok as you can see here (sorry I've used SM forum demo as phpbb one is hacked).

Thanks in advance, .L.

Chmod your richtext/upload folder to 777. You will get an error message otherwise when you click upload.

And if want to change the size permissions go to show_it.php and find.
#Upload file option
$max_width = 300;
$max_height = 300;
$max_size = 50000; # bytes

That should get you going.

And yes. This mod does what it was designed to do.

Not saying there are things that cannot be better. Just it does what its purpose.

Leonida

Post by Leonida » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:26 pm

coreissue wrote: Chmod your richtext/upload folder to 777. You will get an error message otherwise when you click upload.

Thanks, both folder are chmod 777 (I'm just working on localhost) but I still can't upload, I get same error.
Perhaps there is something in php.ini?

Cronz

Post by Cronz » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 pm

http://hoteditor.com/phpbb/index.php

lol it got hacked

and ive herd the mod has exploits...prob why the site got hacked

coreissue

Post by coreissue » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:33 am

Leonida wrote:
coreissue wrote:Chmod your richtext/upload folder to 777. You will get an error message otherwise when you click upload.

Thanks, both folder are chmod 777 (I'm just working on localhost) but I still can't upload, I get same error.
Perhaps there is something in php.ini?

Sorry, but I am not a coder.

The only way I could get a message box saying what you posted was to click Upload Now without first having selected an image from my desktop with the Browse function.

If you have picked one within the limits given and it shows in the Browse Box then I don't know what the issue is unless the normal function is FTP when you are actually just moving the image from A to B on your desktop.

But, as I said, I an not an expert here so you will need help from someone else.

Sorry.

coreissue

Post by coreissue » Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:43 am

Cronz wrote: http://hoteditor.com/phpbb/index.php

lol it got hacked

Hate to disappoint you but when I tried to use that forum before the HotEditor was not installed on it. Just the default one. The forum was vanilla.

Did you note that not even the logo was changed?

So, it is phpBB itself that got hacked. Probably an old version that was not upgraded for security. Thus hackable.

The demo page is quite functional if you had checked.

LeRobert

HotEditor

Post by LeRobert » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:45 am

After some investigation I have not come to a single editor that could be easily modded into the last version of phpBB.

HotEditor looked perfect but its web site does not work well. When I try to download the program I can see some server PHP problems and do not get any email, the page of a hacker is still there, last MOD change is at the end of the 2004...

For FckEditor or TinyMCE I haven't found any MOD that would be accepted by testers as reliable.

Is this really the case or am I missing something? In my case I would like to make a forum for a group of people who are not computer savvy but are very creative and productive and would use wysiwyg features in the same way as in Word as well as copy/paste web page excerpts into posts.

Could anyone help me here? Thanks.

kulinar

Re: HotEditor

Post by kulinar » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:48 am

LeRobert wrote: Could anyone help me here?
You should wait until Olympus is released. :wink:

Shanana

Post by Shanana » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:52 am

Cronz wrote: http://hoteditor.com/phpbb/index.php

lol it got hacked

Could be. Could've sworn some people on another board got hacked because of this mod they said they used [they have the most recent version of PHPBB.]

coreissue

Post by coreissue » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:47 pm

Hello!

The HotEditor site didn't have it installed on their phpbb.

And the demo is still working.

While not defending that site for a few reasons I am not a fan of accusations on anyone that are not true.

I have never heard of any hacking because of that mod. But there are other mods that do have vulnerabilities.

Maybe one of those was on that board?

This is the ONLY editor mod that works.

Yep. I want to see the Olympus one for sure. And am looking at another in development.

But the people out there that are just anti wysiwyg in any form is puzzling.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”