[BETA] Bring People - Version 0.2.3

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
Doe Ray Me
Name: Ethan Shand

Post by Doe Ray Me »

OPEN templates/subSilver/profile_view_body.tpl

FIND

Code: Select all

<tr>
		                <td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_BP_TOTAL}</span></td>
                                <td><b><span class="gen">{BP_URL}</span></b></td>
	                </tr>
REPLACE WITH

<tr>
		  <td valign="top" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="gen">{L_BP_TOTAL}</span></td>
                  <td><b><span class="gen">{BRING_PEOPLE}</span></b></td>
	        </tr>
that will fix it :D
stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

Doe Ray Me wrote: REPLACE WITH

<tr>
                  <td><b><span class="gen">{BRING_PEOPLE}</span></b></td>
	        </tr>
that will fix it :D

\o/ omg it works :D
and santa guy is back again - this is like the best day ever
good work Doe Ray Me, loving this MOD :D
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Something i would find really useful would be a few extra stats in the ACP. For instance if the log showed the date that the referal signed up and if the colour of the link could vary between green and red depending on how many posts they had made? That way if its red you can spot a fake referal. Maybe include the number of posts too.

Annother possiability would be to score the person who is refering the users not just on the number of users they have refered but also on the number of posts their referals have made?
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Sure, i'll start on that right away :wink: very nice idea
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Version 0.0.3 Finished, added users postcount to the admin bp log, next to the new users username
AbelaJohnB
Former Team Member

Post by AbelaJohnB »

Something you may want to consider would be to add another db value that stores a "min. posts required to refer people" within the ACP section of the MOD. That was something on my old "to do list". It will keep newbies (or spammers) from wasting db space, plus give it as a special perk for longer-term members of your forum. Anyway, just something I'd thought I'd share in light of a request posted above.
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Thats a good idea :lol: thats added to my to-do list now
MissMoon

Post by MissMoon »

you said that it works with phpBB 2.0.11, so those that mean it works with 2.0.10 as well?
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Yeah it should do, but in my opinion its better to upgrade to 2.0.11 because of the security risks
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

AbelaJohnB wrote: Something you may want to consider would be to add another db value that stores a "min. posts required to refer people" within the ACP section of the MOD. That was something on my old "to do list". It will keep newbies (or spammers) from wasting db space, plus give it as a special perk for longer-term members of your forum. Anyway, just something I'd thought I'd share in light of a request posted above.

Version 1.2.2 Finished, added a feature which changes the color of the new users profile link in the log, green if they post over the amount and red if they dont, Makes it easier to define between real or fake referrals, changeble in the Bring People Settings

Also added another feature where you cant refer unless you have over the set amount of posts, changeble in the Bring People Settings

New screenshot added
xmulder

Post by xmulder »

Fab! Ill install this when i get home tonight and let you know what happens - im impressed that its come this far so quickly :D
drumstix42

Post by drumstix42 »

This is looking nice. If in the next few days I have some time, and you don't have it done already, I'll look into compatibility with PCP for you.
Need a phpBB update or mod installed? PM me for any questions and pricing!
HostMonster.com (Unlimited Space, Unlimited Transfer, Unlimited Domains, $6.95/month )
Larmo

Post by Larmo »

compatibility with PCP would be critical for me.... everybody is using PCP these days, and I know I run PCP on ALL my boards. (11 working on 12th right now).

Please keep me updated and let me know when the new PCP-friendly version is available.

Cheers,
-Larmo
hbalagh

Post by hbalagh »

am i correct that this doesn't support cash mod yet?
http://www.heathersblog.com Give me a visit... I love visitors and comments :)

http://www.graphic-horizons.com
We Install Mods as well as provide hosting...
Doe Ray Me

Post by Doe Ray Me »

Thats correct, im trying to get it working, but i dont like/use Cash MOD, so its abit difficult for me :roll:

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”