[ABD] RSS Feed 2.2.4

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
traverlaw.com

Post by traverlaw.com » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:17 pm

MoLew wrote: @ Web Medic: Would love to see how you integrate your existing work with this set.

What?

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:35 pm

MoLew wrote: @ Web Medic: Would love to see how you integrate your existing work with this set.

OK I will I will also have some updates to it to make it work with my keyword urls seo mods.

I'm working on them right now and as soon as I can get the seo mods fixed up I'll start in on this as it has needed it for quite some time anyway.

MoLew

Post by MoLew » Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:59 pm

traverlaw.com wrote:
MoLew wrote:@ Web Medic: Would love to see how you integrate your existing work with this set.

What?

Visit WebMedic's link in his sig, you'll see he also has an RSS output mod for phpBB. It's very effective, but lacks some of the features of Egor's mod.

Neither one seems to validate as RSS .92, 1.0 or 2.0 compliant for me though... but there's a hundred different validation scenarios out there. Hard to tell which should be the standard. (I'm guessing W3C's, but that's open to debate).

traverlaw.com

Post by traverlaw.com » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:02 am

Thank you for the explanation.

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Sat Jun 25, 2005 2:26 am

actually mine puts out all those if I remember correctly you have to choose which you want. Mine even puts out atom feeds.

At any rate I guess it would be better to do a little writeup to make it easier.

I do have more features planed though that for instance will add rss feeds to topics and also to forums etc. It does that now but I would like a little feed button posted in each forum for these kinds of things.

At any rate if you dont think mine validates. I did find it validated for each type of feed when I gave it the correct parameters for each feed. I would not have put it up if it had not validated. For mine it is simply templates for each feed so if you find an issue with it validating could you please post so here and a link to the validation service.

That way if it is indeed wrong i can correct it.

MoLew

Post by MoLew » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:36 pm

I'll revisit your mod WebMedic... perhaps I simply had it set up wrong.

danb00

Post by danb00 » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:26 am

can we have an addon that will allow rss feeds for other forums as well
so it can do an rss feed for just a forum rather than all forums in that board
phpBBModded.com - Modding phpBB

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:00 pm

if you are referring to my mod it already does that. You can specify a single forum to pull data from.

deadringer971

Post by deadringer971 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:14 pm

Hi, I just tested the RSS feed on my message board. It works out great, but there is one thing I can't understand. Why does the feed send out messages from private categories from the forum to users that shouldn't have the opportunity to read what's in those private categories?

webmedic

Post by webmedic » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:19 pm

well that would be because I did not have the logic in there for it. I just released in the last few days a newer version of this mod and it is listed on my site.

lms_X

Post by lms_X » Sat Jul 02, 2005 8:21 pm

It does not validate in any RSS valitador, tested with 0.91, 1.0, 2.0 and simple RDF.

Also it has some problems with 2.0.16 and other mods, and with firefox.

About use, you should include a DOC of how to use the a lot of examples not only 6, and i mean use for everybody, users, anonymous, reading Feed, all like that not links for that

Beavix

Post by Beavix » Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:42 pm

The download link for this MOD is not working.
:?:

mortgage-pro-seo

Output Question

Post by mortgage-pro-seo » Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:07 pm

Can you please direct me to what needs to changed to make my urls output correctly. My forum is located at www.mortgagesaver.org/forum/ urls or ouptuing like this.

mortgagesaver.org/private-mortgage-foreclosure-vp1215.htm I need to add the forum dir my urls which are Syndicated.

Panama Jack

Announcement and Sticky Support

Post by Panama Jack » Sun Jul 10, 2005 12:21 am

I am surprised no one has ever asked for this before. We have a mod we created that would only display Announcements from a specific forum as news on our main web site http://www.aatraders.com . When I found this RSS mod I wanted to use it just for the news on the main page but couldn't. It would send every message in the forum.

The following mod will allow you to select the topic type to display.

There is a new variable 'tt' for topic type that can be included in your url.

Example: http://forums.aatraders.com/rss.php?f=7&t=1&tt=2

The above will send ONLY Announcement topics instead of all topics.

tt = 0 ; Send just normal topics
tt = 1 ; Send just Sticky topics
tt = 2 ; Send just Announcement topics

Leave tt empty to send all topics as before.

Find:

Code: Select all

if ( $topics_only == 1 )
{
	$sql_topics_only_where = 'AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id';
}
After Add:

Code: Select all

// Return only specific topics.  2 = Ammouncements, 1 = Stickies, 0 = Normal
if ( isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['tt']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['tt'] == 0 || $HTTP_GET_VARS['tt'] == 1 || $HTTP_GET_VARS['tt'] == 2))
{
	$sql_topics_only_where .= " AND t.topic_type = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['tt'] . "'";
}

mortgage-pro-seo

Post by mortgage-pro-seo » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:42 pm

Is there a tutorial on how to turn caching on?
We offer home loans and bad credit mortgage refinance advice. We also host the zip code directory.

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”