[ALPHA] phpBB Mercury Basic v1.1.0

A place for MOD Authors to post and receive feedback on MODs still in development. No MODs within this forum should be used within a live environment! No new topics are allowed in this forum.
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: MOD Development Forum rules

On February 1, 2009 this forum will be set to read only as part of retiring of phpBB2.
A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:33 pm

ya sorry when i was posting the phpBB db got screwe dup so i dident think it got though :S and i was talkin to jhomie when i did the quote :P, link is updatd on the front page/

ur common file should be like:

Code: Select all

$board_config = array();
$clan_config = array();
$userdata = array();
$theme = array();
$images = array();
$lang = array();
$nav_links = array();
$gen_simple_header = FALSE;

include($phpbb_root_path . 'config.'.$phpEx);

if( !defined("PHPBB_INSTALLED") )
{
	header("Location: install/install.$phpEx");
	exit;
}

include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/constants.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/template.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/sessions.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/auth.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/db.'.$phpEx);
//
// BEGIN: RIVALS includes
//

include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/includes/class.rivals.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/config/clan_config.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/language/lang_english/lang_en.rivals.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/includes/functions.rivals.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/includes/constants.rivals.'.$phpEx);

//
// END: RIVALS includes
//

if you do that you shouldent have any functional errors, like no such function as na(), clan() etc.

meradiann

Post by meradiann » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:25 am

where's the live demo board?

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 4:47 am

i dont have these following files, there are not included in the zip i keep downloading...

include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/includes/class.rivals.'.$phpEx);

include($phpbb_root_path . 'mods/rivals/includes/constants.rivals.'.$phpEx);

Also, the path that your provideded "'mods/rivals" is not on my forum, the followin are the other 3 files and where they are located:

include($phpbb_root_path . 'clan_config.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'language/lang_english/lang_en.rivals.'.$phpEx);
include($phpbb_root_path . 'includes/functions.rivals.'.$phpEx);

Im so lost, i keep following the instructions but they do not work :?: :? help please :!:

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:40 pm

http://aibots.net/v2/cvs/root3.zip

try that, id say u were downloading 0.1.0 :S i posted on my site where i update the 1.0.0 zip. these files are just ment for you to test with and play around with, its 100% feature locked atm so please dont suggest anything.

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 8:33 pm

A.I. BOT wrote: these files are just ment for you to test with and play around with, its 100% feature locked atm so please dont suggest anything.

call me dumb, but what do you mean by this? Feature locked? This means that the mod is not functional at this time? Also, call me dumb again :D but what is atm? :lol: i know i know, im dumb...lol...but what is it, i will try this new zip later tonight, hopefully it works, it is definetly diffrent then the one i was downloading.

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:07 pm

so far it looks good, i installed all the new files and changed the common.php file back to how u suggested...no errors visible on main page. However, there are no links to the ladders, do i need to set these up manually, by making a link to the ladders.php file?

However, i did just find one error, it is in the admin control panel (acp). The error is as follows:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/cs55827/public_html/forum/admin/admin_rivals.php on line 242

What should be done about this, do i need to move the acp.php file into this directory?

AI, i really appreciate all your help.

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:08 pm

However, there are no links to the ladders, do i need to set these up manually, by making a link to the ladders.php file?

ya damn i forgot about links :P lol ill update the install file tonight.
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_ELSE in /home/cs55827/public_html/forum/admin/admin_rivals.php on line 242

the file wasent finished, just delete the file cuz rivals has its own ACP on the next zip tommorrow.
but what do you mean by this? Feature locked?

no suggestions will be taken in sence i have all the files finished execpt for the acp.

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:44 pm

sa weet, so tomorrow should be the final release? and it will have acp?

Umm...in the mean time, can i just make a link of my own in overall_header.tpl to the ladders.php? Alright the real question is, is ladders.php the main file? :wink:

Also, just wanted to let u know u are da bomb. I really appreciate it, and my clan will too. I have been searching for something like this for some time, found some, but i dont think they compare anywhere near yours.

Thanks,
JHomieFunk

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:51 am

sa weet, so tomorrow should be the final release? and it will have acp?

no not tomorrow, pretty soon though, iv been swamped with school these past weeks :(
Umm...in the mean time, can i just make a link of my own in overall_header.tpl to the ladders.php? Alright the real question is, is ladders.php the main file?

ya sure go ahead make a link to leave_clan.php, ladders.php, add_clan.php, manage,php.

and theres not really a main file.
Also, just wanted to let u know u are da bomb. I really appreciate it, and my clan will too. I have been searching for something like this for some time, found some, but i dont think they compare anywhere near yours.

i really appreciate that thanks :)

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:53 am

found error, this one is located when you on the view_clan page and you have 3 options challenge, report loss, or report win. Well when u choose report loss or win you get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in /home/cs55827/public_html/forum/report.php on line 794

Also, when you are in report manager and you drop down the selections and choose view wishes [join requests], you get this error:

General Error

Can not obtain request

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 1

??? :?: :?: :? :?

Let me know. thanks so much

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:49 pm

ok ya i see the error, i forgot a ')'.

when u made a clan and clicked on manage.php, did it redirect you to clan assignment page?.

did you do the user table SQL that was in the install file? go into clan assignment click on your clan and click submit, then go into phpmyadmin click pn phpbb_users and look under your username scroll over to the end until you see a feild called 'user_assignment', tell me what is in it :)

ill update the zip for the docs and report fix at 8:00 EST on my site/

thanks.

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:59 pm

Update:
- got loads done on the acp today

- added custom feilds, foreach ladder you can set 2 feilds, like for Scom 2 ladder you could have Kills and Deaths while on MAdden NFl you could have TDs and Passed Yards

this allows you to have more games like psorts games and stuff.

ill upload a new zip at 8:00 EST. I havent tested the custom feilds but its only sql code so it should work fine.

thanks guy for the support :).

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:35 pm

so does that mean the acp is done?

oh, and i will get back with you on that one error that you were in question on, i have to go test it again.

**edit** yeh, i think that it was because i hadnt added the ladders or teams yet...sorry on that one

A.I. BOT

Post by A.I. BOT » Thu Apr 14, 2005 12:48 am

no the acp is almost done, i find coding acps' are boring :/ lol take me longer to get "in the mood" to do em :P

heres the more resent files:
http://www.aibots.net/cvs/root4.zip

do the install and sql stuff and upload the files :)

thanks.

jhomiefunk

Post by jhomiefunk » Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:36 am

just to let you know the link that you provided dosent work, however i knew what you ment from prev posts.

The correct link is

http://www.aibots.net/v2/cvs/root4.zip

Return to “[2.0.x] MODs in Development”